KPMG Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Director Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone then round of interviews
Asked a range of questions mainly around client relationship
Meet with hiring partner and a few of their team members to determine culture fit

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The KPMG New York Interviewer was an "Experienced Hire" interviewer who was impatient, bordered on rude. Had not read the resume in advance. Seemed to be in a hurry. Clearly not someone who should be handling senior level applicants.

Interview Questions

• This was First phone interview. Senior level position. Applicant has 25 years senior experience. Before 15 minutes had elapsed "what's your current compensation package" "We cannot move forward until you disclose your compensation" We need to "place you at an appropriate level"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and connected with a firm recruiter on LinkedIn. I was called by a Recruiter shortly thereafter who conducted an interview by phone. A month or so later I was scheduled for an interview. I interviewed with two Principals, one Managing Director and one Senior Manager. Most conversations involved need and required STAR responses. I found most of the practice leadership to be welcoming. They were looking for candidates that would best "fit" the practice which was growing.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with x?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial screenings by HR- Recruitijng then went silent for months. Process then began with team members. Cultural elitism and arrogance evident, and not unexpected. Dealing with unskilled interviewers and close- minded individuals. Felt outdated and not thoughtful. Likely the culture I assume.

Interview Questions

• Standard background questions. Though attempts at grasping whether could be cultural fit were contrived and disengenuous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Couple of phone interviews followed by an in-person interview in the office. Mostly fit and interest questions as I had solid credentials. Had two informational interviews before actual interview. They did their best to find the right role for me

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

Internal recruiter got in touch directly through Linkedin asking if I was interested in seeking career opportunities within a growing firm. had an initial call with the recruiter and then in person meetings with three partners

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Human resources contacted me and booked the first interview. Discussed about ackground, experience and reasons to go to KPMG LA. After that 3 more interviews interviews were held with 3 partners.

Interview Questions

• Reasons to move to KPMG LA   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I have worked with KPMG India for 13 years and left when I was an AD. I was relocating to the US and enquired about positions available. I always knew that KPMG (and actually every Big 4) is not truly 'global' and they share little besides the brand name but I was very surprised to find that the US team (at the the guy I had a chat with) is pretty screwed. Though I cannot generalize, i was very surprised that they could have someone with such lack of professionalism as an MD (equates to AD level in India firm).
    The interviewer did not ask a single question except 'take me through my resume' and after a 5-7 minute monologue from me had just this to say - 'we in the US do much better work than in the US' which i know is not true.
    I saw prejudice and arrogance which was unexpected from a person the level of an MF.

Interview Questions

• No question - the decision was taken already prejudiced by sheer arrogance of the interviewer.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG in August 2013.

Interview

They seem really disorganized. Each one has sent me a different link to fill out information. Asked me to sign up for career alerts, fill out an online application...yet no one seems to have a copy of the resume I posted. When confronted politely (this is what your colleague sent me, do you need additional information) they flounder. If this is representative of their systems and processes I am not sure I want to work here.

Interview Questions

• Have you faced an ethical dilemma and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Seeing how disjointed and unorganized they were I could tell a lot about the company and prospects here.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

For rehire, there was no interview for me even though It took 3 months to create a business case. I periodically talked to hiring partner while I was waiting for the business cased to be approved.