KPMG EVS Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG EVS Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2017

2.7

Associate - EVS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied through university and KPMG website
Had a pre-social the day before
First round was on campus, with a senior manager in EVS
Interview was fairly simple, with a few behavioral, some background, some basic accounting technicals and couple of economics questions
There was one brain teaser at the end

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

Intense on-campus interview (had to show technical skills and that you are extremely hardworking) and then on-site superday with three interviews. Everyone I met was easy to talk to but definitely intense.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about valuing McDonald's?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview and a 1-on-1 screening, followed by a candidate dinner with several employees and partners. Invited to a super-day called "Inside Look" shortly after, and had three interviews with directors and managing directors in the valuation department. Got a phone call shortly afterwards from a partner notifying me of the full-time job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the position and was called in a few days later for an on campus interview. There was a dinner the night before and everyone was very friendly and outgoing. The next morning I had the interview and got the chance to talk with an EVS manager. I was mainly asked some general behavioral questions and a technical question about a company valuation I have done in the past since I brought it up and how I approached my valuation.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF analysis you have done in the past
      Walk me through your resume
      What do you like to do in your free time
      Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview that went over my resume, why KPMG and later got an email inviting me to their office to meet with people within the firm and interview. That involved two other rounds of interviews, with team and later with a manager. I was told that I would hear back in 2 weeks and they never bothered to reply any of my follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions to know if I would be a fit   Answer Question

EVS Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a professional from the Valuations Group at KPMG New York Office. It was about half hour long, started with me talking thru my resume, highlighting course work that would be applicable to the position. A couple of general questions of why KPMG. The interviewer was very nice and approachable, readily gave his feedback about his experiences and background, it was more conversational than formal interview. We discussed valuation methods and which ones were mostly used in industry vs school setting.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through DCF valuation and describe how you would calculate WACC   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I talked to a recruiter who came to my campus at the time to advertise an Accounting role. I was a Finance major, and I networked with the recruiter to see if Finance positions were available. Luckily, there was something for me. I interviewed with the recruiter, then 2 other people on separate days. Very conversational interviews. Nothing too technical. Mainly behavioral questions that were easy to discuss - just to get a feel of my personality.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted what they gave.

EVS Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through my school's career website and then was invited to second round interviews. I was interviewed by four people and then they made there decisions quickly after second round. First and second round interviews where really just getting to know you, your previous experiences, and how you handle different situations.

EVS Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2014.

Interview

I applied specifically to the Transfer Pricing Associate position. I applied via CFN - a website specifically for Japanese/English bilinguals in June. Several weeks after applying, I received an e-mail asking me if I would be interested in interviewing for a position. I had a phone interview with a Senior Associate, and a Manager. They mainly asked behavioral questions as well as questions related to what I had studied in the past. I was later recommended for a superday with the office in October. I had a full day interview in the office. It started with a Transfer Pricing specific case assessment as well as two behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was thrown off by the case question as I was not used to written cases. It's a sample transfer pricing situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online through on-campus recruiting. 1-on-1 interview on campus. 3 1-on-1 interviews at Philadelphia office. It is important to meet as many people as you can so make sure you attend all of the "optional" events before the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a cab driver making $500,000 a year or President of the United States?   Answer Question