KPMG Interview Questions in Germany | Glassdoor

KPMG Interview Questions in Germany

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Internship - Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

The interview process was on the whole very convincing. It was a phone call interview. I was first briefed regarding the tasks and responsibilities and then I was evaluated how well i will suit for it. Then the later part of the interview focused more on the work life balance and my interests.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to walk through my resume
      Lot of time was spent discussing my work experience.
      Answer Question

Junior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Essen, Nordrhein-Westfalen (Germany)).

Interview

General discussions, w een discussed the begin date, but next day, day gave me feedback that my background is not fit for the position! they didnt discuss about my background, and stuck to general questions

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Standard application process with the resume and cover letter, then couple of weeks later I got an appointment for the interview with the director, manager (people-manager-leader) and HR. Interview took place in Stuttgart where I wanted to work and lasted one hour. I like that there were no typical HR-Questions (e.g. about my strengths and weaknesses, etc.) Directly after the interview I got positive feedback and one week later job offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous internships, paper work and 75% of questions were dedicated to the company valuation theory (cost of capital, dcf, multiples, etc.)   Answer Question

Intern EU Evaluation Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

After having applied online and without doing any phone interview, I received an invitation to an interview in Berlin. The interview has taken place with an RH and a manager. The atmosphere was nice, no mean questions, just the standard questions on the CV, past experiences, strenghts and weaknesses, expectations, etc. No case studies, no computations, no exercises.
    Expenditure for attending the interview have been covered by the firms.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experiences, your strenghts and weaknesses, what do you expect from this internship, ...   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in July 2016.

Interview

There were 4 people at the interview, 2 from HR, 2 from the department.

At first they asked me to go through my CV. They asked some technical questions related to the courses I have taken and my seminars in the process.

After that the HR asked some questions about personality and team work.

The interview lasted around an hour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview lasted for around 1 hour. I was asked typical questions about my motivation, background and goals in life. I was shortly introduced to the project and asked how I like the idea. There were few questions checking creativity and logical thinking ( How many rooms are in the average hotel in Germany) and one simple use case, where I believe I just had to try solve and show that I won't give up.

Interview Questions

• How many rooms are in the average hotel in Germany?   1 Answer

CRM Consulting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

-contact through a job dinner, got business cards, application directly to a consultant who was at the dinner
    -in between one week invitation to interview
    -three weeks later interview date
    -presentation of myself, then both consultants presented themselves
    -I had to describe the 3 key facts that are special about me from my resume without telling every detail of my CV
    -atmosphere was very comfortable, sometimes more professional, sometimes we made even jokes

Interview Questions

• 1Why KPMG?   1 Answer
    • 2What is CRM for you?   1 Answer
    • 3Why is CRM relevant for KPMG?   1 Answer
    • 4Why is this setting (two consultants from 2 different departments) also CRM?   1 Answer
    • 5Could you consider to work in another department outside consulting?
      6Think of a project you are currently working at. Imagine you want to expand internationally. Please prepare a 5 minute pitch by using this flipchart and sell the product to us. (the interviewers left the room)
      7Why are the leaders of tomorrow at your university?
      8Why do you have that bad grades in the subjects asset pricing and microeconomics?
      9Do you have further questions for us?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Lead workstreams in identifying relevant topics/issues as well as elaborating pragmatic solutions
    Actively encourage team members to contribute ideas and identify opportunities
    Deliver a thorough knowledge of operational risk and internal control requirements in the Financial Services industry and apply it to client situations
    Prepare reporting and deliverables for client executives
    Work and grow in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment including both, national and international clients

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stuttgart (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stuttgart (Germany)) in May 2015.

Interview

1. introduction of trainee programm 2. Self-introduction 3. Case Study in Group 4. Presentation in Group 5. one-to-one interview, firstly with HR then with manager 6. Immediate feedback at the end of the day

Interview Questions

• How do you react as a team leader when your subordinate refuse to work overtime   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cologne (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Cologne (Germany)) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very comfortable. There were no tricky questions nor any case studies. The interview was about 1h15min long and we mostly discussed the position, what is expected of the person in this position, my CV, my work experience, how my work experience relates to this position. He also described in detail the team of which this position is part.