KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Graduate Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

3.2

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied through university, process took one day
First there was a online test which includes aptitude and computer knowledge after that shortlisted candidates gone through group discussion, group discussion topics were general subjects, then there were two technical rounds and one HR round . There were 2 interviewers in each round

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

Online assessment - verbal and numerical reasoning and SJT.
    Then 90 second voice recording to be uploaded.
    Then "launchpad" assessment day. - long day. Fair bit of hanging about with other applicants and networking. Day consisted of 30 min partner interview which was very straight forward, an observed group assessment and a personal timed report writing scenario.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

KPMG's new Launch Pad event, including a group case study, written test, and a partner interview. There are also many KPMG staff on the day, so you can also talk to them more about their experience with the firm. The result came out quickly, just 2 days after I attended the event.

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

First you must complete an application online.
    If successful, you are then invited to a presentation night which is useful as an icebreaker an also for networking
    Then interviews are held a few days later (with 2 interviews and a small simple written exercise)
    If succesful, then you will recieve an offer a few weeks later

Interview Questions

• Talking about your background and largely based around your CV/the application. The second interview was more focused on the answers given in the written exercise but again was not overly difficult.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Skopje (Republic of Macedonia)) in September 2016.

Interview

2 interviews, one with the department manager and one with the partner. Questions mostly about you and your leadership style. The second interview with the partners was mostly about the benefits and the actual contract. Also you get some questions about the market and macro perspective of the companies.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest weakness of the companies in Mcedonia?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The position (stage at M&A team) was for the associated law firm to KPMG. The interview last almost 2 hours. During the first part I was asked information about my experience. Then I had to complete an online english test (listening + grammar), which was pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about my personal and work experience (i.e. why I chose that specific university, what did I enjoy mostly while working at my previous law firm etc.). Then they asked me to tell about my work experience abroad and which kind of cases I used to looked after.
      I was not asked any particular situational / behavioural question like "what would you do if....".
      Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Lagos (Nigeria)) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very very long and slow. It took about eight months with different stages and different elimination processes. One of the interviewers seemed quite mean and unfriendly and it was very formal and stuck up.

Interview Questions

• Current Affairs: What is the Brexit and what does it mean for Nigeria?   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Online application -> Online tests -> Phone interview -> Assessment centre (did not pass)
    Overall a very straightforward process with very professional assessors. However, does take a bit of patience to get review for the assessment centre as they are very busy with a lot of applicants.

Really enjoyed the environment in the office in London. Such a shame that it was not meant to be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to put an idea across and what challenges did you face?   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2016.

Interview

It takes 45 minutes. Make sure you prepare all your answers and you are in a room where you won't be disturbed. Can be useful to watch a few youtube views interviewing KPMG employees in order to get a sense about their culture and how they talk (professionalism is very important).

Interview Questions

• A time when you have delivered a challenging task to a tight deadline? How did you deal with it, how did it make you feel, how would you apply this in future, what was the outcome, what would you change in hindsight?

Why KPMG? What makes KPMG different from other big four firms / from other companies (4 reasons)? Why does that make you want to work for KPMG? What awards has it won? What research have you done to learn about KPMG and what have you learned?
      Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Lisbon (Portugal)) in April 2016.

Interview

Did some online tests, not very difficult. They called me for a 3h30m session with a group dynamic, more tests and an interview. For the group dynamic they gave us a case and 10 min to think about it for ourselves. Then we had to discuss it for 40 minutes or something. Everyone tries to show off and no one seems natural. A lot of people try to take the lead. I recommend letting them. When they say stuff that is wrong just correct them and argue for your position. If you are right and everyone agrees with you congratz you are now the boss. Always think you are the boss. Be very very confident and don't be afraid to speak.

Interview Questions

• Actually nothing about me personally. I think they saw everyhting from the test and the group dynamic. They asked me what i knew about KPMG   1 Answer