KPMG Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.3

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online two months prior to the interview. I got an email a week before my interview to schedule my interview slot and invite me to the Pre-Interview Dinner, which was a day before the interview. The Pre-Interview Dinner was very casual, just getting to know professionals. I was seated with 4 other students and 2 professionals, which luckily were the campus recruiters. One of the campus recruiters I sat with was my interviewer. The interview was very conversational, mostly behavioral questions. Overall, very easy interview, just trying to get to know who you are.

Global Mobility Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus. Company invited recruits to dinner the day before campus interview. I interviewed with one manager. 3 days later, I was invited to Inside Look, which took place a month later. Company paid for hotel the night before and arranged dinner and breakfast. Received offer one week later.

Associate, Client Project Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. The manager had not prepared any interview questions. Didn’t bother to write any notes as I outlined why I would be a good fit for the position. Obviously they already had someone else in mind they were just going through the motions with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe poor leadership? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and they loved me! Told me multiple times they did and couldn't wait to meet me in person. The hiring manager flew in for the last round of interviews, face to face, but when she saw me she almost looked shocked, as if she wasn't expecting me to "look the way I looked".

We went into a room, she BRIEFLY (And when i say briefly, i truly mean briefly) explained the position and that was it! She asked me not ONE interview question. NOT ONE! On my life! Nothing about my experience, school, goals, situational questions, NOTHING! The entire time "I" was the one asking all the questions, keeping the discussion going. She just answered and starred at me after each brief explanation and in my mind I was like "Ummmm okayyyy!? This was a waste of time, now I'm a be a traffic for no reason". I was baffled to say the least. It was like she already had her mind made up that she wasn't going to elect me for the position. When I walked out of the interview I knew I did not get the position. And that was pretty much my experience in a nutshell!

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had initial interview by telephone. Next day was sent an in-person interview invitation. Met with the Associate Director, Operations Services in the Houston office, initials were EMS, Jr. When I answered his questions and was talking, he literally was looking to his right and staring down at the floor. He would not make eye contact with me and it was unnerving. I felt he was very dismissive and had no interest in what I had to say.

The remainder of the interviews were a flop because EMS, Jr. set a very negative tone. I got the "thank you for your interest, however..." rejection email a few days later.

It is all well and good, though. I received an offer from one of the other Big Four firms, and this firm has the highest revenue of all the Big Four. I believe KPMG is last in revenue.

It is similar to being rejected by the Used Car lot only to find a better and more golden opportunity from the Porsche dealership across town.

Interview Questions

• The very unoriginal and predictable "what is your biggest weakness".   1 Answer

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and conversational. very laid back and they really just want to get to know you. they just want to know that you can keep a conversation. The interviewer was very nice and wanted to understand what I like and what my hobbies are. The office visit was awesome and you get to meet most of the people you get to work with and ask any questions that you have in an informal way.

Audit Senior Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

I had a prior coworker referred me and she did the refer through the company's internal system. As I need to relocate to Houston, I only had the phone interview with HR and partners. I got the offer and started the background check while I gave the two week notice.

Forensic Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

1) Initial HR phone call. My rep was very friendly and incredibly helpful.
    2) Phone interview with two managers. They asked about my background, my interest in forensics, and a few points picked from my resume. We went half an hour overtime just shooting the breeze and getting to know each other better! It was definitely a good sign.
    3) The immediate business day after, I got an email from my HR rep telling me that I had positive feedback from the previous interview, and they were ready to fly me down for the on-site interviews with about 5 members of the team.
    4) The day of the on-site arrives! I meet with the initial two managers who spoke with me on the phone. Both were fantastic, and asked me some very basic forensic Qs, although they were pleasantly surprised that I knew the answers. Afterward was another interview with a third manager. Then I proceeded out to lunch with two associates and a senior associate, all great guys. Finally, I met with one of the two directors. He was equally friendly as everyone else, though I could tell he was a busy guy. He said that at this point, I had the opportunity to ask him any final questions, as the "interview" was pretty much over!
    5) One week later, my HR rep says that I had completely positive feedback from the team, and that my final phone interview with a partner was approaching. Unfortunately, the partner was completely booked for a whole week, so I waited a while for the chance to speak with him. When the time came, he simply asked about my background and my knowledge of the company. After, he probed me for my salary requirements, my willingness to relocate, etc. etc.. He finished the call by telling me that they were ready to make me an offer, and that I would be expecting the letter shortly!

Interview Questions

• What is file slack?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about determining that a flash drive was or was not attached to a computer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Positive experience. The interviewer was so nice and made the interview more like a conversation than an actual interview. He was very easy to talk to! Time flew by and forgot I was even being interviewed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you participated in a group project and overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Partner was easy going and easy to talk too. Lasted 30 minutes. Feel as though the limited experience I did possess actually hurt me. I had more experience than other graduates but not enough to be considered "experienced hire".