KPMG Interview Questions in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

2.3

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So far three interviews. One checking about my background and two talking directly to data scientist . The first two interviews went well but the third one seemed to hang up early without saying goodbye. Not sure why that was.

Interview Questions

• If you were working for an Oil company who has 20 different sites throughout the world and who were struggling with staffing. Describe the data science process to solve there staffing issues.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Details about experience -- specifically seeking to understand how my experience will overlay with KPMG organizational matrix. Specific examples of my responsibilities, challenges and daily tasks. Discussion of how knowledge will apply to the firm's offerings.

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online two months prior to the interview. I got an email a week before my interview to schedule my interview slot and invite me to the Pre-Interview Dinner, which was a day before the interview. The Pre-Interview Dinner was very casual, just getting to know professionals. I was seated with 4 other students and 2 professionals, which luckily were the campus recruiters. One of the campus recruiters I sat with was my interviewer. The interview was very conversational, mostly behavioral questions. Overall, very easy interview, just trying to get to know who you are.

Global Mobility Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus. Company invited recruits to dinner the day before campus interview. I interviewed with one manager. 3 days later, I was invited to Inside Look, which took place a month later. Company paid for hotel the night before and arranged dinner and breakfast. Received offer one week later.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone 3 in person interviews. Very straight forward and discussed prior experience. Interviews focused on behavioral questions. Minimum preparation required. The interviewers are very friendly and professional. They make you feel comfortable during the process. The schedule is shared with you before the interview so it was easy to know what to expect

Associate, Client Project Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. The manager had not prepared any interview questions. Didn’t bother to write any notes as I outlined why I would be a good fit for the position. Obviously they already had someone else in mind they were just going through the motions with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe poor leadership? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Fast Forward leadership program, which consisted of 1 interview. After I was selected for the leadership program I was invited for an office visit which included an interview for an internship position that I was not informed about. Very easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, Weaknesses, behavioral questions, very easy questions.   1 Answer

Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had 3 phone interviews and they loved me! Told me multiple times they did and couldn't wait to meet me in person. The hiring manager flew in for the last round of interviews, face to face, but when she saw me she almost looked shocked, as if she wasn't expecting me to "look the way I looked".

We went into a room, she BRIEFLY (And when i say briefly, i truly mean briefly) explained the position and that was it! She asked me not ONE interview question. NOT ONE! On my life! Nothing about my experience, school, goals, situational questions, NOTHING! The entire time "I" was the one asking all the questions, keeping the discussion going. She just answered and starred at me after each brief explanation and in my mind I was like "Ummmm okayyyy!? This was a waste of time, now I'm a be a traffic for no reason". I was baffled to say the least. It was like she already had her mind made up that she wasn't going to elect me for the position. When I walked out of the interview I knew I did not get the position. And that was pretty much my experience in a nutshell!

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Had initial interview by telephone. Next day was sent an in-person interview invitation. Met with the Associate Director, Operations Services in the Houston office, initials were EMS, Jr. When I answered his questions and was talking, he literally was looking to his right and staring down at the floor. He would not make eye contact with me and it was unnerving. I felt he was very dismissive and had no interest in what I had to say.

The remainder of the interviews were a flop because EMS, Jr. set a very negative tone. I got the "thank you for your interest, however..." rejection email a few days later.

It is all well and good, though. I received an offer from one of the other Big Four firms, and this firm has the highest revenue of all the Big Four. I believe KPMG is last in revenue.

It is similar to being rejected by the Used Car lot only to find a better and more golden opportunity from the Porsche dealership across town.

Interview Questions

• The very unoriginal and predictable "what is your biggest weakness".   1 Answer

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and conversational. very laid back and they really just want to get to know you. they just want to know that you can keep a conversation. The interviewer was very nice and wanted to understand what I like and what my hobbies are. The office visit was awesome and you get to meet most of the people you get to work with and ask any questions that you have in an informal way.