KPMG IT Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.7

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process from campus events, application, interview to offer letter took about 1 month(3 days after interview I got the offer letter). Pre-interview dinner the night before. Designed to loosen you up and get you a little more comfortable but don't get too comfortable. The actual interview was very conversational and fun. They want to get to know the real you. 2 interviewers back to back. One of the best interview I ever had.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

We did one round of two back-to-back interviews. One of the interviews was quite intimidating. Got asked technical questions. The next interview was very pleasant and very conversational. Overall process was efficient and pretty well-done, loved meeting the people. However, this has a negative review due to the fact that I never heard back after more than a month of continuously reaching out to recruiters. This has happened to multiple applicants as well.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      A time you were challenged/worked in a team/acted as a leader.   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

There were two 45 minute interviews that occurred on campus. I was expecting to hear back with a final round interview, but when they called me I received an offer - not sure if there was supposed to be second round interviews or they just liked me. Also then received an invitation to their "Inside KPMG" event to learn more about the firm and meet other students who had received offers or were in the final process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational and almost all behavioral. No technical questions were asked, but it's good to weave in some of your technical experiences while talking about your resume.   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center in around mid-September, and was invited to schedule an interview with them at the end of September. The night before the interview, they took us all out for Pre-Interview night, which consisted of hors d'ouerves that I was too nervous to actually eat, and an open bar. All the advisory interviewees were invited to attend, and I met many people from the firm, including the two people who would be interviewing me the following day! The pre-interview night isn't explicitly an interview, but I imagine they're keeping track of who stood out to them.

The following day was the interview. They said that for advisory, they were trying to expedite the process all around, so the application process would be somewhat different than it had been in the past (I see that others on here had the same experience that I did!). It was two 45 minute interviews, back to back, and one on one. They also said that we would get a response (either with or without an offer) within five business days.
    It was actually a very comfortable experience--both interviewers were very conversational and it was more of a discussion that the uncomfortable "question and answer" sessions that other interviews can be like. They also explained the position to me in great depth, which I really appreciated, and we talked about my strengths and how my major could apply to IT Audit and Assurance.

They did get back to me relatively quickly, although it was more than the 5 business days they claimed it would be. I got a phone call from the director I interviewed with, letting me know that I got the position!

Overall, it was a very positive experience, at least for me. However, I will point out that I know some other people from my university who applied for positions within advisory as well. They went to pre-interview night and did the two interviews the next day, but they never received a call back. It worked out well for me because I got an offer, but for some of my friends never got so much as a reply after what was effectively the first AND final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, when questions were asked at all. What made me choose my major, some questions about my work experience.

Tell me about a time when you had something due but you couldn't make the deadline.

Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or within a group, and how you resolved that.

They were definitely heavy on how you can solve problems, meet deadlines, and working well with a group (all important qualities in advisory)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. she arranged for a phone interview with a manager in Houston, unfortunately he expressed i did not show enough passion for the job. The recruiter then asked if i was interested in Kansas city. She arranged for a phone interview with a Director, he spoke for about 30 mins and he was impressed. I was arranged to fly in for an interview 3 days later. I met 3 managers and it was very causal and relaxed atmosphere. I was really impressed with their process. They make you feel very relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with campus recruitment. But could not proceed due to sponsorship freeze for this position.Pursued after a year and got an opportunity for office visit. Very enthusiastic and friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type and past experience. Tell me about a situation where you had to work with a difficult team member. How would you manager describe you? Some technical questions based on my previous audit experience. Tell me about revenue process risks and control (be specific about system controls, not the manual ones.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and conversational. very laid back and they really just want to get to know you. they just want to know that you can keep a conversation. The interviewer was very nice and wanted to understand what I like and what my hobbies are. The office visit was awesome and you get to meet most of the people you get to work with and ask any questions that you have in an informal way.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy but overall easy. I had 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview, and 2 on site interviews. I will say some of the people I talked to were not very informed about why they were even interviewing me. A bit of a mess and unorganized. Luckily despite everything, everyone I talked to was very friendly. The talks were pretty laid back and gave you a nice insight into prospective placement and culture.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter who help me set up a Technical Interview with a Director at the firm. We spoke briefly about 30 minutes and let me know he would enage the recruiter if interested.

Fast forward one week : I got a call and they were interested and to fly into the city for a interview

Next week was the interview on Friday. Pretty easy. No behavioral. Nice culture

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with a pre-night at a local bar. Pretty laid back, just talked with some of the current employees. Interviewed the next morning with a manager. Standard behavioral questions: "Tell me a time where you...".

Received a call about a week later for the second round. That started with a happy hour with managers and partners. Then after that we went bowling with current associates. Had a full day the next day that included presentations, lunch, and three 30 minute interviews. Interviews were extremely laid back - I think I only got asked one question out of all three. They just want to see that you can hold a conversation and ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with an overwhelming challenge at work or school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question