KPMG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.7

296 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

Two separate 30 minute interviews, one with a partner and one with a manager. Both were very relaxed and consisted mostly of casual conversation. The interview was not very challenging, and as long as you show that you are eager to work there, you should be golden. I heard back within a week of my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume. Why accounting? Hardest one by far: "I interview a lot of people applying for a position here, when I go back to my office, what is the one thing you want me to remember about you that will make you stand out from all the other candidates?"   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Amherst, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

It was a 20-minute meeting with recruiter event. And you basically ask all questions you have and let the person answers. They will tell you precisely when should you apply for the internship according to your graduation plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different partners. Mostly behavioral questions, sometimes specifically about the role and the field. Also lots of questions regarding my resumé. Nothing that was a curveball. In the end, we talked more about personal lives and goals.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

campus recruiting, applied online, one week to get the in person interview, the in person interview was in a cafe, very casual, talked about future plan , why kpmg, experience at university and etc. 2 weeks later got declined.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed at my college campus. I was offered the internship after attending their leadership program. I only had one official interview before I received an interview. But they try to spend a lot of time with you to get to know you first.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your strengths. What are some reasons that you are more qualified than other aplicants? Describe a time when you were in a leadership position and had to make a difficult choice, would you make the same choice over again?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2017.

Interview

Initial scrutiny followed by phone screen. Comprised of behavioral questions and knowledge on strategy, finance and analytical reasoning. Was given a task to submit within two days post which the decision was made.

Interview Questions

• Strategic Planning concepts, Was asked to prepare a slide for a case study   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to KPMG with my campus recruiter, and was then referred to the Chicago office. I flew up to the office and interviewed in March 2017. I began recruiting with KPMG in September 2015.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone a difficult decision.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had a great experience with the on-site interview. It was three back-to-back 30-minute interview with a lunch at the end with KPMG associates and managers. It might sound overwhelming but if you actually make a good conversation out of the interview they wouldn't seem long at all. All behavioral questions and nothing you can't prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance when you worked with difficult people and how did you deal with it.   2 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute interview and they basically wanted to know about me. Nothing technical or difficult. Everyone I met was friendly and wanted the interview to go as well as I did.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

I go to a small college that KPMG does not normally recruit from. A coworker sent my resume to their friend at KPMG, who forwarded it to the campus recruiter. Then applied online and had a phone interview about 2 weeks later.

One week after that, had 2 interviews with a partner and a manager. Each one lasted about half an hour. Received a job offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you failed at something.
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question