KPMG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

290 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It was a behavioral-based interview. about an hour long. The interviewer was a manager and was very friendly. It helped ease nervousness because I felt like I was talking to them and not a robot like some interviews seem.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to work with a difficult boss. How did you overcome it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

two on campus and two in the office visit. Non technical in nature. Mostly behavioral! Just go with an open mind not a rocket science! Thats all i can say abiut the intervie wprocess.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. No real curve balls. Did a phone screening and met with 4 different employees at the office. Had a case to solve, but should be expected with all Big 4 Advisory arms.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview is a casual interview to gauge personality. There are no technical questions asked. I had one on-campus interview followed by a second round interview in the office. The second round interview will be with one to three Directors/Partners.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing to know about you that is not on your resume?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Tysons Corner, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Credit Risk internship through my college's career portal. I received an invitation to the first round interview through that portal.

The night before on campus interviews, there was a reception with many of there interviewers. Even if your interviewer is not there (mine was not), it is great to meet other people from your part of the firm (Advisory for me) and make an impression. The On campus interview was a 30 minute traditional behavioral interview with a Manager. It took about 3.5 weeks to hear back from the first round interview. Even though I was nervous about not hearing back for such a long time, I am a perfect example that you can still get an offer even if you haven't heard back quickly.

I received an email inviting me to the office visit/second round interview three days before the date of the event itself. Second round included presentations about KPMG, two extremely conversational interviews (one with a Manager and one with a Director), dinner at a nearby steakhouse (paid for by the firm), and a stay at the Ritz Carlton (also paid for by the firm). KPMG also covered all travel expenses. At the dinner, tables were assigned. My table had six people, four of whom were applicants for my same position, one manager, and one director.

Three business days later, I received a call from the recruiter telling me that they are sending me an offer via email. Everyone throughout the process was incredibly down to earth, fantastic to be around, and overall, just a group of people I knew I wanted to work with.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Positive experience. The interviewer was so nice and made the interview more like a conversation than an actual interview. He was very easy to talk to! Time flew by and forgot I was even being interviewed

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you participated in a group project and overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

First had an interview at my university, essentially to determine if I was eligible for the position, with a manager. Then I had a second round interview at the office that I applied to with a manager and a partner. The second round included a description of the clients that this particular office specializes in. I got the feeling that by the time of my second interview they already had in their mind who the top candidates were for the positions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my school's career services. I was notified within a few weeks that I had been invited to interview. I interviewed on campus. It was a 30 minute behavioral interview asking basic questions. It was a casual conversation and left time for a lot of my questions. The process was easy and everyone involved was very friendly

Anonymous Employee in Missoula, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Missoula, MT) in October 2015.

Interview

I was looking for an internship through my campus recruiting service, so the whole process began with "office hours" where I met with a recruiter in a little less formal environment. After that I applied for the internship and got an interview the next week. The interview itself was great. My interviewer was engaged and friendly, making me much less nervous about the whole process.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a mistake I had made and then how I had fixed it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then an in person interview a few weeks later. The phone interview lasted about 25 minutes and there were about five questions that was asked. The questions were not too difficult and the interview was more like a conversation. The in person interview lasted two days and consisted of interviews with three professionals, a dinner with professionals, team building activities, and a lunch with professionals.