KPMG Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Fort Collins, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university.
I received an interview. The night before the interview there was a laid back social engagement at a local restaurant. The next morning was the interview. They asked me about my resume and asked me if I had any questions for them. They were really big on me asking them questions, instead of the other way around. My interviewer was for the most part friendly. I was not called back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Norfolk, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

The interviewer had a list of general questions and took notes as I answered. The questions can be found on KPMG's website. She seemed to care more about the specific answers to the questions rather than my personality as a whole, which I did not care for. It was very formal and they typically have second interviews before they make a decision.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with a partner. I was informed about 2 or 3 weeks later that I had been offered an audit summer internship in New York. So I only had to go to their office to meet people and got to skip the 2nd interview.
    The partner who interviewed me was really nice and laid back. I was more like a fun conversation than a serious interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

On campus recruiting. Career fair. Pre night. On campus Interview. Everything went well. I was very surprised at how two faced the firm here is. The interviewer said it was a great interview, and at the pre night people were saying I would be a great fit, telling me how we'd be working together in the future, etc. Not getting invited to an office interview was a total shock. Heard many others had the same experience.

Interview Questions

• What is one strength you would bring to KPMG? What is something you would struggle with at KPMG? Other resume based questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting, on campus interview with director, then office visit. We discussed transcripts, since the body of most students work are their grades and courses. The office was divided into tiny cubicles and many people were interviewing at once. I scheduled mine for the first in the morning.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for me>?? Very open ended at this point. Have things to talk about prepared   1 Answer

Negotiation

I have not negotiated yet, I do not think I will be either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

Was a quick initial 30 minute interview process. It began with behavioral interview questions but only about two were asked, the rest of the time we talked and expanded upon the questions. It was very conversational, the interviewer was very easy to talk to and made the environment comfortable. The process took around a week leading up to finding out about my first round interview, however, they took about 3 weeks to get back to about it. I was not invited for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome adversity.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to manage and carry a project through.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

Interview

I applied through college. Interviewed on campus with a manager, the interview itself is not hard, behavioral question. invited to 2nd round interview at their local office. Went to local office, had stuff panel and interviewed with another manager. whole process seems organized, took a tour around the office.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through college program and went through 2 rounds of in person interviews. Both were with partners of the firm. The interview was more conversational and I was asked a lot of behavioral questions. Heard back within 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Interview

More of a conversation than interview. I interviewed for internship during college so the interview process is more relaxed. I am not sure how the direct hire or transfer interviews are, but I think senior management made up their decision before you were interviewed.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

(1) Networking events: career fairs, information session, social events
    (2) Online application: resume, transcript, cover letter