KPMG Associate, IT Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate, IT Advisory Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Irvine, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Only behavioral questions and the interviewer was nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation happened to you for the last one year and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for initial resume walk through and also to know about my willingness to travel, relocation, Visa status, H1B Sponsorship requirement and as well as minimum expected salary. Then there was a phone interview by the manager of the project team where I was supposed to be working. It was for 30min and asked me about resume and past experiences. I am a Masters student with 3 years of IT experience. The manager spoke about the project and the work culture at KPMG.

After phone interview there was a 1:1 interview with the same manager where I was asked about basic standard questions like "Tell me about yourself apart from what is present in the resume?". Later he gave a case study relating to SDLC.I think probably he was checking my confidence level to answer the question as well as how fast & correct I would be able to answer it. Did pretty well. He gave his business card. I sent him thank you mail. later was contacted by recruiter stating that I am through this round probably have to face 2 partner interviews.

After 15 days he again called back and said that there is no need of partner interviews and I have been selected and promised me to make an offer within a week. This was almost delayed by 3 weeks and finally got the offer letter. Accepted and sent back the next day. Recruiters are really friendly and follow up quickly for the questions asked. Don't hesitate to ask the format of Interview or any other questions with recruiter as they would be really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
    • Given a scenario of adapting Agile methodology in a mobile company who have been following waterfall method from 20 years, how would you convince the client to follow Agile?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was really difficult. But still would insist to do so. I could increase it by very small margin.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

Campus interviews were followed by onsite interview requests from KPMG. Once on site, there was a dinner with Managers and Partners with some basic activities geared towards allowing the KPMG personnel to get to know the recruits a little better. The second day was filled with interviews (2 1-hour long) and a group activity. The purpose of the group activity was to determine how the person acts in both a group and team environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle an unethical situation dealing with an authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would not consider negotiating coming out of college. Unless you have another solid offer, I would be happy with the offer they put on the table.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in February 2007.

Interview

Had three rounds of interview at the office before the on-campus interview.

Met with a Partner, Senior Manager and Manager. The interview process was very professional and I interacted with people who was not interviewing me.

Interview was a discussion about my background, experience and to see if I match with KPMG.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you faced in your previous work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate much. Looks like they have some set salaries for the level I was coming in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The entire process was very well structured. There are 2 stages to the interview: one is on campus and the other is an all expense paid on site visit. Communications are very prompt. The on-site visit consist of two interviews, a tour of the facilities, and lunch. Everyone i met were extremely friendly and positive, this includes senior managers. The campus recruiter took us out for dinner after the offers came out so he could answer any additional questions that we may have and just to hang out with us. The logistics for the on-site visit are well managed with an online booking system that lets you book flights in under 5 minutes. The hotel was very close to the office (literally 5 minutes away). One can tell that they genuinely care about the potential candidates and the employees in that in the wealth of information packets they gave out, there are information for where to find good housing options and tips on where to enjoy yourself in NYC.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is ultimately attributable for the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very friendly and was mostly behavioral . Everyone was really nice and supportive throughout the whole process. No technical questions, personality quiz or whatsoever. Be prepared to talk and also be comfortable and confident in answering questions like " why did you apply for KPMG and why IT Advisory specifically?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

For me the process started in the career fair. I presented my resume and applied in the website. I was call for the interview a few weeks later and successfully cleared the first round. I was called to the firm office location and had 2 rounds of interview. After couple of weeks I received the offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

1 on-campus interview, 1 in-person very easy process and the company makes you comfortable when you interview here. make sure you have a good understanding of the role and of the company. not too many technical questions, if any at all. great company to work for and great people.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions, know a little bit about the firm and come with good targeted questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with a pre-night at a local bar. Pretty laid back, just talked with some of the current employees. Interviewed the next morning with a manager. Standard behavioral questions: "Tell me a time where you...".

Received a call about a week later for the second round. That started with a happy hour with managers and partners. Then after that we went bowling with current associates. Had a full day the next day that included presentations, lunch, and three 30 minute interviews. Interviews were extremely laid back - I think I only got asked one question out of all three. They just want to see that you can hold a conversation and ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with an overwhelming challenge at work or school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Austin, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

I really don't understand their interviewing process.

I applied for the IT Audit and Assurance position under IT Advisory. I tried for an internship last year only to be lectured on KPMG's history during the entire interview. After KPMG rejected me for the internship (even though I didn't actually get interviewed), I figured it wouldn't hurt to try again.

I applied through my school's on-campus recruiting system and received an interview and pre-interview networking invite about a week later. I attended the pre-interview networking event and tried to engage with my prospective team, but each of them gave me strange vibes. I felt their eyes judging me as soon as I opened my mouth and couldn't shake the eerie feeling the entire night. Regardless, I asked questions and tried to learn about each of their experiences before the interview the next day.

At the interview, I hoped for a different experience than my previous one. Unfortunately, it turned out to be exactly the same. My interviewer, whom I met the night before, talked the entire time about life at KPMG versus the other Big 4 firms and his experience transitioning from one of the competitors. With about five minutes left to go, he finally asks me to walk him through some of my experiences and explain why I chose KPMG. I gave him a brief summary of my resume and tried to explain my desire in KPMG without feeling the pressure of the clock. I chose to ask him how I would be evaluated and if he could provide any feedback for me based on the entire process. He told me from his impression that I had nothing to worry about.

A week later, I received the rejection email.