KPMG Associate, IT Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Associate, IT Advisory Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by recruiter for initial resume walk through and also to know about my willingness to travel, relocation, Visa status, H1B Sponsorship requirement and as well as minimum expected salary. Then there was a phone interview by the manager of the project team where I was supposed to be working. It was for 30min and asked me about resume and past experiences. I am a Masters student with 3 years of IT experience. The manager spoke about the project and the work culture at KPMG.

After phone interview there was a 1:1 interview with the same manager where I was asked about basic standard questions like "Tell me about yourself apart from what is present in the resume?". Later he gave a case study relating to SDLC.I think probably he was checking my confidence level to answer the question as well as how fast & correct I would be able to answer it. Did pretty well. He gave his business card. I sent him thank you mail. later was contacted by recruiter stating that I am through this round probably have to face 2 partner interviews.

After 15 days he again called back and said that there is no need of partner interviews and I have been selected and promised me to make an offer within a week. This was almost delayed by 3 weeks and finally got the offer letter. Accepted and sent back the next day. Recruiters are really friendly and follow up quickly for the questions asked. Don't hesitate to ask the format of Interview or any other questions with recruiter as they would be really helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question
  • Given a scenario of adapting Agile methodology in a mobile company who have been following waterfall method from 20 years, how would you convince the client to follow Agile?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was really difficult. But still would insist to do so. I could increase it by very small margin.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Irvine, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Only behavioral questions and the interviewer was nice to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation happened to you for the last one year and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in February 2007.

Interview

Had three rounds of interview at the office before the on-campus interview.

Met with a Partner, Senior Manager and Manager. The interview process was very professional and I interacted with people who was not interviewing me.

Interview was a discussion about my background, experience and to see if I match with KPMG.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges you faced in your previous work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate much. Looks like they have some set salaries for the level I was coming in.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in December 2007.

Interview

Campus interviews were followed by onsite interview requests from KPMG. Once on site, there was a dinner with Managers and Partners with some basic activities geared towards allowing the KPMG personnel to get to know the recruits a little better. The second day was filled with interviews (2 1-hour long) and a group activity. The purpose of the group activity was to determine how the person acts in both a group and team environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would handle an unethical situation dealing with an authority figure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I would not consider negotiating coming out of college. Unless you have another solid offer, I would be happy with the offer they put on the table.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

The entire process was very well structured. There are 2 stages to the interview: one is on campus and the other is an all expense paid on site visit. Communications are very prompt. The on-site visit consist of two interviews, a tour of the facilities, and lunch. Everyone i met were extremely friendly and positive, this includes senior managers. The campus recruiter took us out for dinner after the offers came out so he could answer any additional questions that we may have and just to hang out with us. The logistics for the on-site visit are well managed with an online booking system that lets you book flights in under 5 minutes. The hotel was very close to the office (literally 5 minutes away). One can tell that they genuinely care about the potential candidates and the employees in that in the wealth of information packets they gave out, there are information for where to find good housing options and tips on where to enjoy yourself in NYC.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think is ultimately attributable for the financial crisis of 2008?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

For me the process started in the career fair. I presented my resume and applied in the website. I was call for the interview a few weeks later and successfully cleared the first round. I was called to the firm office location and had 2 rounds of interview. After couple of weeks I received the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

After the phone interview was called to NYC for 2 interview round. The process started from 9.30am to 9.30pm in the night. Two 1:1 interviews, presentations, asked to make a group presentation and finally something called speed recruiting based on speed dating concept. 5 interviews in 40 mins each for 8 mins. Questions were based on experience based and also what if types. A interviewer wanted to know answers to typical scenarios which required brainstorming of ideas.

Received an offer the next day. But it was way too low to be accepted. Its like 50% less than my other software position offer from another company. I wanted to take the job but I dont think I ll be able to even survive with the salary KPMG offers that too in NYC. If any KPMG recruiter reads this please do something to increase ur salary structure. Being a masters student with 2 yr experience I am being given same salary of that of an undergrad. Hmmfff....better I stick with my Software job than, paying from my parents pocket to live in NYC

Interview Questions

• Ques were scenario based. If client is in some situation how u as a consultant would advise.   Answer Question

Offer too low

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Went for the on campus recruiting first round interview with KPMG for their IT Advisory practice. Was very informal and behavior based. Great experience and was sent email 3 days later saying I got the second round interview in New York.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in a group.   1 Answer

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview

The overall experience was well put together and came across well. It took basically a whole day and consisted of a presentation by one of the managing partners and then two 1v1 interviews, followed by a staff panel which was there to answer our questions. The people were very personable and I didn't meet anyone who I didn't like. With that said, it's hard to separate the sales-pitch from the the real deal but from what I could tell it was pretty genuine.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real specific questions or structure to the interview that I could tell. Just general questions about my resume and past related experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an half hour interview with a senior consultant on campus. Then I was invited to an on site interview the same Friday. There were three interviews that day. Each around 30 to 40 minutes. Mainly behavioral questions, hardly technical questions. You have to know what you want from the company and why you want to be in the IT advisory. The office is in the center of downtown, very nice location. The people at the company are well dressed and mannered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary for couple thousands dollars. but overall I think KPMG needs to pay higher.