KPMG Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very thorough and responsive.
Person at HR was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
First, I was contacted by HR Manager, then schedule to have phone interview with two Sr. Managers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter, then a phone interview with a manager in the practice I was interested in. I then had an onsite interview with three managers individually, followed by an interview with the partner. It took 4 hours in the Chicago office. The interviews were pretty straight forward - a few behavioral questions but mostly questions about direct work experience. I received an offer a few weeks later, then had two weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a poor decision you made and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate through the internal recruiter (instead of the hiring manager) and I go not considerations. If I could do it differently, I would definitely contact the hiring manager or partner directly.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Mountain View, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

Went in for 45 minute individual interviews with all managment (4 people) in the department. Sent in my resume after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation you've overcome.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied mid October and two weeks later spoke to a HR person. Two weeks after that I was contacted by another HR person to speak with a manager. Spoke with them 30 minutest over the phone. I then had to follow up two weeks later to hear if I made it the next round. I did and then spoke to a director the following week for another 30 minutes over then phone. I could tell he could care less to talk to me and he felt absent during our conversation. A week passes and I hear nothing. This time I followed up again with HR and learn the next day through a standard letter that they were not interested in me. I don't know what I'm more disappointed by: 1) not getting the job; 2) the fact that I had to be the one to continually follow up with them; or 3) that the whole process took nearly two months.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was both straightforward and complicated at the same time. I went through three rounds of interviews - phone screen with a recruiter, in-person with a manager, and in-person with two directors. The recruiter I worked with was good a communicating with me, and that turned out to be a very good thing because my second and third round interviews were rescheduled several times. Scheduling the third-round interview was very challenging. I was asked to fly out twice to different locations only to be told that the interview needed to be rescheduled or that I would need to fly out to a different city than the one originally planned. It all worked out in the end, but it definitely threw me for a loop when I ended up interviewing in one location instead of the one I was told 12 hours before.

The interviews were very straightforward. I was asked to describe, in detail, the bullet points I included in my resume. Tip: Don't include anything that you can't describe well. They will easily figure out if you've embellished anything. I was asked a couple of technical questions, but they were more interested in learning how I went about doing things - managing an assessment, working with a difficult client, managing a team, etc. It was about describing the process in addition to talking about my subject matter expertise. Fortunately, there were no case questions. Overall, it was straightforward but demanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up on the salary by using a competing offer. I was also able to get a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR Recruiter after submitting resume online. Had a brief phone screening. Scheduled for an in person interview with a hiring manager and two members of his team. Had a one on one interview with each person where the focus was on my experience and how it would fit a team at KPMG. No real tell me about a time when.... or test-type of questions were presented to me. Was called in for a second interview with a different hiring manager. Just one person this time. Had a final interview with a partner. HR Recruiter called me a few days after and said an offer was imminent. That took about 2 weeks and then I had less than 48 hours to respond.

Interview Questions

• Main focus was on my prior government experience and the types of work I had done   Answer Question

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days of submitting my application. I had an initial call with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with a Director within the same week. The following week I had an in office interview with a couple Managers and a Partner. In all of my interviews I don't believe there were any questions asked that I wasn't expecting or haven't gotten in just your standard interviews. The bulk of the interview was just discussing my experiences and how those experiences would fit into the position. I received an offer a few days after my in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a partner. I got a call for interview three days later.
    Got interviewed by a sr associate and a director.
    both were very friendly and the interview was more conversational.
    They grilled me on my past experience and the advisory related knowledge.
    Got a call after two weeks with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of questions regarding my experience in credit and related to financial crisis. How it could've been avoided   1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn where I answered a series of questions and sent my resume over. From there, I had a phone screening with them. After, I had another phone screening with my manager. From there, I went into the office in person to meet a few members of the team and interview with them to see if I was a fit. My interview would involve technical questions as I'm on the tech development side of things.

Interview Questions

• How did you help improve business processes to enhance previous employers?   1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Albany, NY).

Interview

I have been in the KPMG process since last 8 weeks. Not sure if this is all real or a set up. The recruiter called and spoke for 5 minutes and said he will get back to me. For 2 weeks no response and then set up a interview date. I met the Partner, Director and Manager. Went through 2-3 hours of interview. All went well. No response. A week later the recruiter calls and lets me know I was short listed for another 5 rounds of interview with 3 managers and 2 directors. I go through 5 rounds. All went well. It's been few days, no response.

It is a shame how KPMG's hiring process works. They talk about being professionals. I think it is more about acting smart than being smart. I read on some blogs that this interviews are not real. They hire cheap H1-B people in other countries and then justify that they were not able to find anybody local of same talent.

Also KPMG prefers to hire people in 20's. I learnt through the interview process, they don't want people with more experience as they won't blend well with the existing staff.

Interview Questions

• Why would a firm like KPMG will hire you as we have so many candidates coming here everyday for interview.   1 Answer