KPMG Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied mid October and two weeks later spoke to a HR person. Two weeks after that I was contacted by another HR person to speak with a manager. Spoke with them 30 minutest over the phone. I then had to follow up two weeks later to hear if I made it the next round. I did and then spoke to a director the following week for another 30 minutes over then phone. I could tell he could care less to talk to me and he felt absent during our conversation. A week passes and I hear nothing. This time I followed up again with HR and learn the next day through a standard letter that they were not interested in me. I don't know what I'm more disappointed by: 1) not getting the job; 2) the fact that I had to be the one to continually follow up with them; or 3) that the whole process took nearly two months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1st call was from external recruiter, 2nd was interview with HR for behavioral questions and making sure I was still interested, 3rd was with Senior Manager

Interview Questions

• I was asked for examples for nearly every bullet I had listed on my resume. The interview wasn't extremely technical but did refer to my resume a lot as expected.   1 Answer

Senior Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First Recruiter screening followed with Sr. Manager Tech round of interview. Immediately after 3 days, got an invitation for F2F interview on site with two directors and the partner.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as such. Few Technical questions from one director. Few behavior questions and case study.. Just be confident. If you have a genuine experience in your area of expertise, you will make it. Be ready to grill out technically at point.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Albany, NY).

Interview

I have been in the KPMG process since last 8 weeks. Not sure if this is all real or a set up. The recruiter called and spoke for 5 minutes and said he will get back to me. For 2 weeks no response and then set up a interview date. I met the Partner, Director and Manager. Went through 2-3 hours of interview. All went well. No response. A week later the recruiter calls and lets me know I was short listed for another 5 rounds of interview with 3 managers and 2 directors. I go through 5 rounds. All went well. It's been few days, no response.

It is a shame how KPMG's hiring process works. They talk about being professionals. I think it is more about acting smart than being smart. I read on some blogs that this interviews are not real. They hire cheap H1-B people in other countries and then justify that they were not able to find anybody local of same talent.

Also KPMG prefers to hire people in 20's. I learnt through the interview process, they don't want people with more experience as they won't blend well with the existing staff.

Interview Questions

• Why would a firm like KPMG will hire you as we have so many candidates coming here everyday for interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

provided details to the recruiting personnel and was asked for interview over phone with a director level person.
    call went on for 40mins and mostly spoke about previous work experience and 2 scenario based Questions.
    after 2 weeks, was asked to attend on site interview with 4 ppl staring with 2 partners, senior lead, director in that order. They made me feel comfortable when I became too conscious and felt all went smoothly/
    Was not offered the job though!

Interview Questions

• scenario based question regarding interaction with client team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very thorough and responsive.
    Person at HR was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
    First, I was contacted by HR Manager, then schedule to have phone interview with two Sr. Managers.

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with Senor Manager and Senior Partner. Interview with Manager went very well with straight forward questions. However the Partner interview was difficult and was asked questions not related to the position. I prepared for weeks learning the technical stuff but never was asked a technical question by the Partner. Partner Interview was different from any other interview I've done.

Interview Questions

• Describe the business methodologies you have used in the past?   Answer Question