KPMG Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.9

103 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Behavioral interview, just be prepared. Also ask questions. Go to events. Put yourself out there so the recruiter can familiarize themselves with you. Good luck on interview. have fun and be yourself

Finance & Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

First round was a phone call and very conversational. Basically went through my resume for about 15 minutes and then allowed me to ask questions. Superday was also quite conversational, entire interview process was behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, mostly just behavioral questions like how are you demonstrating leadership?   Answer Question

Associate, Client Project Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. The manager had not prepared any interview questions. Didn’t bother to write any notes as I outlined why I would be a good fit for the position. Obviously they already had someone else in mind they were just going through the motions with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe poor leadership? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Accounting Advisory2016 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a campus interview. A total of 6 students were selected for the first round from a pool of 30 students. The first round was a 30 minute behavioral interview. A lot of focus was on technical skills like SQL and accounting. Lot of focus on GPA too. KPMG just loves people with a high GPA. Questions were not that tough.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest challenge? How will you be a good fit for KPMG? Give me some solutions to make sure that the milk in your fridge does not run out any day?   Answer Question

Internal Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone call screening, follow by a second phone call screening, and then in office interview with the hiring managers. The entire process took about 2 weeks, they also contacted me about 2 days after I applied which was super fast, considering that preciously when I applied they did not get back to me until 3 weeks later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxemburg, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Luxemburg, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview was not too difficult, because its a junior position so the questions are also classic ones as well. After technical skills, we had a few talks with the seniors in the field. The atmosphere was pretty relaxing...

Interview Questions

• why did you choose this company?
      why did you choose Accounting?   Answer Question

Accounting Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview started with two written tests. One to test fluency in english and another to test common knowledge. The common knowlegde questions regarded politics, sports and current business events. After the tests we had an interview with HR staff.

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with luncheon. 2 managers and one HR. I personally think HR was the toughest to get through. Luncheon was also a part of the interview so make sure you behave.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you've learned that is the most useful from college   1 Answer

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I started my rounds of interviews at my university. Honestly, I don't believe that they would've interviewed me if I didn't do the Professional Accounting Program at my school. Forensic accounting is very niche and very competitive, so when I was interviewing my competition consisted of students from Ivy League schools, as well as other top rated schools. It was extremely intimidating and I didn't feel like I was as "book smart" as the other interviewees, so I decided to use my outgoing personality as my strong suit. I made sure to stick out by asking insightful, in-depth questions (which required a lot of KPMG and Big Four research) and I also made sure to ask about things that pertained to forensic accounting (i.e. FCPA Act). They loved that I was genuinely interested in the essence of the business and it carried me through 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a problematic situation that you've experienced while holding a leadership position, and how did you handle and solve the problem?   1 Answer