KPMG Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.9

Associate, Client Project Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Very informal. The manager had not prepared any interview questions. Didn’t bother to write any notes as I outlined why I would be a good fit for the position. Obviously they already had someone else in mind they were just going through the motions with me.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe poor leadership? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Accounting Advisory2016 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Bloomington, IN) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a campus interview. A total of 6 students were selected for the first round from a pool of 30 students. The first round was a 30 minute behavioral interview. A lot of focus was on technical skills like SQL and accounting. Lot of focus on GPA too. KPMG just loves people with a high GPA. Questions were not that tough.

Interview Questions

• What has been your biggest challenge? How will you be a good fit for KPMG? Give me some solutions to make sure that the milk in your fridge does not run out any day?   Answer Question

Internal Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was an initial phone call screening, follow by a second phone call screening, and then in office interview with the hiring managers. The entire process took about 2 weeks, they also contacted me about 2 days after I applied which was super fast, considering that preciously when I applied they did not get back to me until 3 weeks later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interviews were done on campus by the Peat Marwick Mitchell & Co. They had selected 17 people to interview that day at the recrurment office by then Senior Managers off the company.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any piece of furniture what would you be and why?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luxemburg, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Luxemburg, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

the interview was not too difficult, because its a junior position so the questions are also classic ones as well. After technical skills, we had a few talks with the seniors in the field. The atmosphere was pretty relaxing...

Interview Questions

• why did you choose this company?
      why did you choose Accounting?
      Answer Question

Junior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

3 rounds of interview with luncheon. 2 managers and one HR. I personally think HR was the toughest to get through. Luncheon was also a part of the interview so make sure you behave.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you've learned that is the most useful from college   1 Answer

Forensic Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

I started my rounds of interviews at my university. Honestly, I don't believe that they would've interviewed me if I didn't do the Professional Accounting Program at my school. Forensic accounting is very niche and very competitive, so when I was interviewing my competition consisted of students from Ivy League schools, as well as other top rated schools. It was extremely intimidating and I didn't feel like I was as "book smart" as the other interviewees, so I decided to use my outgoing personality as my strong suit. I made sure to stick out by asking insightful, in-depth questions (which required a lot of KPMG and Big Four research) and I also made sure to ask about things that pertained to forensic accounting (i.e. FCPA Act). They loved that I was genuinely interested in the essence of the business and it carried me through 3 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a problematic situation that you've experienced while holding a leadership position, and how did you handle and solve the problem?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Interviewed at KPMG NY office. First round was a HR phone screen, got accepted to the second round in-person interview with three people. The process took about three weeks after the first round interview, and

Tax Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview

They invited the interviewees out to dinner the night before the interview to network with the partners and professionals interviewing the candidates. This was a good opportunity to get to know the person that was scheduled to interview you the next day, and also to ask them any questions that might not have been possible or appropriate during the actual interview. There was an open bar, so most of the professionals were feeling rather "loose" anyway.

The interview was the next day. It was a scheduled 30 minute interview which focused heavily on behavioral type questions, such as "tell me about a time when..." The partner interviewing me seemed to be a completely different person the day of the interview than he was the night before at dinner - he was very serious and almost rude. The majority of the interview revolved around my GPA and what set me apart/why I should be hired over "more qualified" individuals; he took me line by line through my resume and had me give him examples of the items on my resume.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Campus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Met with KMPG at an on campus event first and a week later was invited to an on campus interview. My interview was the first of the day, arrived 10 minutes prior and the person that was supposed to interview me was still not there. He arrived late with no greeters. Deloitte, EY, and McGladrey all had greeters with them. Once the interview started he was very disorganized, did not know what position I was interviewing for, had a laptop he kept looking at, and was inhaling coffee. Never asked me to tell him about myself. Only asked me three questions and then I spent the next 20 minutes interviewing him. When I asked him what the next steps were he told me he did not know.