KPMG Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

197 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Regulatory Enforcement & Compliance Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was invited for an office visit right away. Interviewed with 2 Directors and interacted with several other associates and senior associates. Interviews were behavioral and they really just wanted to know about me. Fit is big for them. The practice took us out to lunch afterwards and it was an overall very positive experience. Only reason I declined the offer was because I got another offer that was better for me personally. But I would recommend KPMG to anyone.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

2 behavioral interviews on campus. Very laid back. Went through resume. Talked about previous experiences and education. Important to show them why you would be good fit on their team.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process began 10/10/16 and I received my offer 2/10/17. Overall my recruiter was great, she was very transparent and answered all of my questions. During my three phone interviews every single person was level headed and extremely easy to talk too. I was flown out to St. Louis to have a F2F with a Partner that I had previously interviewed with over the phone. At this stage it was more of a formality and the visit shifted into a "what do you want to know about KPMG (salary, benefits, etc.)?"

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer
    • Describe previous work you have accomplished?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked with Tableau, Power BI or Oracle Applications?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Check the market. Talk to your recruiter about the range.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process from campus events, application, interview to offer letter took about 1 month(3 days after interview I got the offer letter). Pre-interview dinner the night before. Designed to loosen you up and get you a little more comfortable but don't get too comfortable. The actual interview was very conversational and fun. They want to get to know the real you. 2 interviewers back to back. One of the best interview I ever had.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

We did one round of two back-to-back interviews. One of the interviews was quite intimidating. Got asked technical questions. The next interview was very pleasant and very conversational. Overall process was efficient and pretty well-done, loved meeting the people. However, this has a negative review due to the fact that I never heard back after more than a month of continuously reaching out to recruiters. This has happened to multiple applicants as well.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      A time you were challenged/worked in a team/acted as a leader.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Short Hills, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through my school and i was told it was going to be a 2 week process, that ended up being 6 weeks. I had 2 on campus interviews, very basic behavioral questions were asked. i was told i would get a call with an offer after these two interviews were over. 4 weeks later I got a call that they wanted me to come into the office for a super day. The recruiter had said nothing about a super day.

Interview Questions

• what was your least favorite job on your resume and why?   1 Answer

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

There were two 45 minute interviews that occurred on campus. I was expecting to hear back with a final round interview, but when they called me I received an offer - not sure if there was supposed to be second round interviews or they just liked me. Also then received an invitation to their "Inside KPMG" event to learn more about the firm and meet other students who had received offers or were in the final process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational and almost all behavioral. No technical questions were asked, but it's good to weave in some of your technical experiences while talking about your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center in around mid-September, and was invited to schedule an interview with them at the end of September. The night before the interview, they took us all out for Pre-Interview night, which consisted of hors d'ouerves that I was too nervous to actually eat, and an open bar. All the advisory interviewees were invited to attend, and I met many people from the firm, including the two people who would be interviewing me the following day! The pre-interview night isn't explicitly an interview, but I imagine they're keeping track of who stood out to them.

The following day was the interview. They said that for advisory, they were trying to expedite the process all around, so the application process would be somewhat different than it had been in the past (I see that others on here had the same experience that I did!). It was two 45 minute interviews, back to back, and one on one. They also said that we would get a response (either with or without an offer) within five business days.
    It was actually a very comfortable experience--both interviewers were very conversational and it was more of a discussion that the uncomfortable "question and answer" sessions that other interviews can be like. They also explained the position to me in great depth, which I really appreciated, and we talked about my strengths and how my major could apply to IT Audit and Assurance.

They did get back to me relatively quickly, although it was more than the 5 business days they claimed it would be. I got a phone call from the director I interviewed with, letting me know that I got the position!

Overall, it was a very positive experience, at least for me. However, I will point out that I know some other people from my university who applied for positions within advisory as well. They went to pre-interview night and did the two interviews the next day, but they never received a call back. It worked out well for me because I got an offer, but for some of my friends never got so much as a reply after what was effectively the first AND final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, when questions were asked at all. What made me choose my major, some questions about my work experience.

Tell me about a time when you had something due but you couldn't make the deadline.

Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or within a group, and how you resolved that.

They were definitely heavy on how you can solve problems, meet deadlines, and working well with a group (all important qualities in advisory)   Answer Question

Deal Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter on campus. Was invited to a superday shortly after. I spoke with a partner on the phone before the superday. He asked me a few questions about myself, but mostly spoke of the practice and the types of people that they hire. Superday was slightly technical but mostly behavioral. Great group of people. Extremely nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What did you do with your previous offer?   1 Answer

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. she arranged for a phone interview with a manager in Houston, unfortunately he expressed i did not show enough passion for the job. The recruiter then asked if i was interested in Kansas city. She arranged for a phone interview with a Director, he spoke for about 30 mins and he was impressed. I was arranged to fly in for an interview 3 days later. I met 3 managers and it was very causal and relaxed atmosphere. I was really impressed with their process. They make you feel very relaxed.