KPMG Audit Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.8

942 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Separately met with two managers and one partner. Each interview lasted for about 20-30 minutes. It was easy going and was mostly behavioral. As it was my first time applying for the job, I was nervous, however, overall the interview wasn't very challenging.

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral and general questions. Like "who is your role model", "why do you want this job", and "how did you get into accounting" but minimum or none technical questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

One on campus interview that was mostly behavioral. Second round was an office interview that was very fun and got to meet great people. They have you interview with two people in the office then take you to a nice lunch afterwards to get to know more professionals within the firm.

Interview Questions

• Mostly had to do with stuff on my resume and questions I had for the interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 3 sessions in a day. Started off with a group presentation, followed by essay writing and finally group interview session with partner. The interview session was pretty laid back, sort of a chit chat type of interview. It's more about them getting to know you.

Audit Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter during Meet the Firms and got an in-office interview in for the SF office.
    During the interview, interviewed with 1 senior manager and 1 partner for 30 minutes each. I thought the interviews went very well. All questions were standard behavioral questions about teamwork and dealing with stressful situations. Got rejection email 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Three stages of interview: Group interview (presentation on case study given, and Q&A session later on), essay writing (3 choose 1) and 2 to 1 interview. The people are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving and experience, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Very focused on company fit, many questions about involvement in college and general extracurricular experiences. Also a decent number of behavioral questions, most of which are predictable. Definitely no technical questions. Overall mostly to see how candidates think on their feet.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to serve in a mentorship role for another student.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The professional is very friendly and shared his personal experience. He focused on asking most of the behavior questions. No hard questions. he also asked why audit? and Why kpmg?

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through someone at KPMG. The interview was over the phone. There were two separate interviews. The first one was more conversational, the second one was more questions relating to what you can bring to the company

Dallas Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There were recruiting events at my university throughout the semester where you got a chance to get to know people from the Dallas audit practice. There was a round of on-campus interviews, then office visits which included another round of interviews. The people are all so nice and really care about getting to know you.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Simple - basic background question eg education, previous work history - have u led a team before, previous clients - industry, challenges, strength and weaknesses, to be honest interviewer spent more time talking about themselves and their experience

Interview Questions

• Personal Strength and Weaknesses   2 Answers