KPMG Auditor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

920 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

There were 3 sessions in a day. Started off with a group presentation, followed by essay writing and finally group interview session with partner. The interview session was pretty laid back, sort of a chit chat type of interview. It's more about them getting to know you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Three stages of interview: Group interview (presentation on case study given, and Q&A session later on), essay writing (3 choose 1) and 2 to 1 interview. The people are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving and experience, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Very focused on company fit, many questions about involvement in college and general extracurricular experiences. Also a decent number of behavioral questions, most of which are predictable. Definitely no technical questions. Overall mostly to see how candidates think on their feet.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to serve in a mentorship role for another student.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The professional is very friendly and shared his personal experience. He focused on asking most of the behavior questions. No hard questions. he also asked why audit? and Why kpmg?

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through someone at KPMG. The interview was over the phone. There were two separate interviews. The first one was more conversational, the second one was more questions relating to what you can bring to the company

Dallas Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There were recruiting events at my university throughout the semester where you got a chance to get to know people from the Dallas audit practice. There was a round of on-campus interviews, then office visits which included another round of interviews. The people are all so nice and really care about getting to know you.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Simple - basic background question eg education, previous work history - have u led a team before, previous clients - industry, challenges, strength and weaknesses, to be honest interviewer spent more time talking about themselves and their experience

Interview Questions

• Personal Strength and Weaknesses   2 Answers

Internal Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

On campus interview. Called in for second interview downtown in the office. Interviewed with a Director, Partner, and Manager in that order for 30 min each. Then was taken to lunch by 2 seniors and talked more on a personal basis.

Audit Associate Interview

Interview

whole process took about 3 weeks. applied thru school website and had 2 back to back on campus interview. Interviewed with senior managers from audit practice. They were very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

2 rounds of interviewing, on campus then office visit. Interview was mostly conversational. You have 2 30 minute interviews with different higher up people. Both were senior directors but a partner may take interviews. Second round interviews are very relaxed. If you make it to the second round, they obviously recognize your talent, so be relaxed.

Interview Questions

• A few behavioral questions and conversations about your resume. Name a time you had to convince someone you were right.   1 Answer