KPMG IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG IT Interview Questions

Updated Jun 6, 2017

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Lots of interviews and very intense theoretical questions. Black suit was a must. Migrated from phone to inperson to a full day of back to back interviews and office tour.

Interview Questions

• How many wheels are in Manhattan?   1 Answer

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

KPMG has a professional organized interview process. The internal recruiter outlined the entire interview process to me over the phone and confirmed everything with me before to my phone and onsite interviews. My phone interview was a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager. My onsite interview was with the hiring manager and another manager in the IT organization.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any unexpected questions. We discussed real world scenarios that I would be dealing with with my day to day job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process from campus events, application, interview to offer letter took about 1 month(3 days after interview I got the offer letter). Pre-interview dinner the night before. Designed to loosen you up and get you a little more comfortable but don't get too comfortable. The actual interview was very conversational and fun. They want to get to know the real you. 2 interviewers back to back. One of the best interview I ever had.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

We did one round of two back-to-back interviews. One of the interviews was quite intimidating. Got asked technical questions. The next interview was very pleasant and very conversational. Overall process was efficient and pretty well-done, loved meeting the people. However, this has a negative review due to the fact that I never heard back after more than a month of continuously reaching out to recruiters. This has happened to multiple applicants as well.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      A time you were challenged/worked in a team/acted as a leader.
      Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

There were two 45 minute interviews that occurred on campus. I was expecting to hear back with a final round interview, but when they called me I received an offer - not sure if there was supposed to be second round interviews or they just liked me. Also then received an invitation to their "Inside KPMG" event to learn more about the firm and meet other students who had received offers or were in the final process of interviewing.

Interview Questions

• The interview was very conversational and almost all behavioral. No technical questions were asked, but it's good to weave in some of your technical experiences while talking about your resume.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through my school's career center in around mid-September, and was invited to schedule an interview with them at the end of September. The night before the interview, they took us all out for Pre-Interview night, which consisted of hors d'ouerves that I was too nervous to actually eat, and an open bar. All the advisory interviewees were invited to attend, and I met many people from the firm, including the two people who would be interviewing me the following day! The pre-interview night isn't explicitly an interview, but I imagine they're keeping track of who stood out to them.

The following day was the interview. They said that for advisory, they were trying to expedite the process all around, so the application process would be somewhat different than it had been in the past (I see that others on here had the same experience that I did!). It was two 45 minute interviews, back to back, and one on one. They also said that we would get a response (either with or without an offer) within five business days.
    It was actually a very comfortable experience--both interviewers were very conversational and it was more of a discussion that the uncomfortable "question and answer" sessions that other interviews can be like. They also explained the position to me in great depth, which I really appreciated, and we talked about my strengths and how my major could apply to IT Audit and Assurance.

They did get back to me relatively quickly, although it was more than the 5 business days they claimed it would be. I got a phone call from the director I interviewed with, letting me know that I got the position!

Overall, it was a very positive experience, at least for me. However, I will point out that I know some other people from my university who applied for positions within advisory as well. They went to pre-interview night and did the two interviews the next day, but they never received a call back. It worked out well for me because I got an offer, but for some of my friends never got so much as a reply after what was effectively the first AND final round interview.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, when questions were asked at all. What made me choose my major, some questions about my work experience.

Tell me about a time when you had something due but you couldn't make the deadline.

Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a peer or within a group, and how you resolved that.

They were definitely heavy on how you can solve problems, meet deadlines, and working well with a group (all important qualities in advisory)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter. she arranged for a phone interview with a manager in Houston, unfortunately he expressed i did not show enough passion for the job. The recruiter then asked if i was interested in Kansas city. She arranged for a phone interview with a Director, he spoke for about 30 mins and he was impressed. I was arranged to fly in for an interview 3 days later. I met 3 managers and it was very causal and relaxed atmosphere. I was really impressed with their process. They make you feel very relaxed.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with campus recruitment. But could not proceed due to sponsorship freeze for this position.Pursued after a year and got an opportunity for office visit. Very enthusiastic and friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral type and past experience. Tell me about a situation where you had to work with a difficult team member. How would you manager describe you? Some technical questions based on my previous audit experience. Tell me about revenue process risks and control (be specific about system controls, not the manual ones.)   Answer Question

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process overall was quick and painless. I had the opportunity to meet on-campus to interview with a recruiter. The interview was straightforward behavioral and consisted of a lot of discussion. I felt the main purpose of this interview was to understand how you hold a conversation and to understand your personality.

My next interview was at the office in Columbus, OH. I arrived at the office and was first taken out to a nice lunch with two associates. The lunch went well and the food was great! It consisted of talking about who I am, about what they each do at the company. Again, I felt this was a way for them to get a feel about my personality and who I am. Following the lunch I interviewed with the Managing Director and Advisory Manager. Both interviews were talking about what my interests are, what I know about the practice, and personality.

Overall I had a great experience interviewing at the company. I was able to learn a lot about the practice and how well KPMG takes care of their employees. The associates I had lunch with gave a good view of what it would be like and they truly enjoyed their work. I look forward to being able to work with them this summer.

My suggesting before coming into the interview would be to read up on the company and have a firm understanding of your practice. Then think of ways that your experience applies and try to them into the conversation as good points. The recruiter is trying to get to know you and if you would actually fit in, so go the extra mile to help them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is an internship, you really don't have any leverage for an offer. They already pay top-dollar anyways.

Federal Internal IT Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had an on-campus interview and was later invited to a second-round first look interview at the office. I spent the day meeting the staff and getting acquainted with the work environment. I had two interviews from employees in the field I was interviewing for. Seemingly, the interview was very casual but behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed at something. What lesson did you learn?   Answer Question