KPMG IT Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Attestation Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had networked extensively with KPMG recruiters on campus both at the career fair and open office hours. I was then invited for a first round interview on campus. The interview was laid back with a few behavioral questions. I could tell that the interviewer wanted to get to know me on a more persona level, so I was able to find some common interests to talk about in the interview. After successfully completing a first round interview on campus, I was invited to KPMG's Inside Look program. KPMG definitely wants you to feel comfortable in their office and give you the opportunity to engage in social conversations with many different professionals. Dinner followed after, which was very nice. On the second day of the Inside Look program, you get a more in depth look at the office and a sense of what it would be like working as a KPMG professional. I had two interviews - one with the Director of National Recruiting and another with a Senior Manager in the IT attestation practice. When meeting with the manager, I was being asked many behavioral questions left and right, as if I was trying to be thrown off guard. Within the last ten minutes of the interview, my interviewer took a complete "180" and we engaged in my social conversation and discussed what it would be like working on a team together.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when you had to relay a complicated message and how you did so."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed on campus and then on site in New York for the day. Had lunch, office tour, and interviewed with two individuals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Federal IT Advisory Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Harrisonburg, VA) in October 2011.

Interview

Met for a 1:1 interview for round 1 with a manager, asked typical behavioral questions about leadership, previous work experience, teamwork, etc. Second round interview was in the office of the location I was interviewing to work at. Very laid back, nice people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. The first one was 30 minutes on-campus. The interviewer was a manager and he had a lot of behavioral questions to ask, so he spoke really fast. He gave positive feedback and seemed to like me. The second interview was at the Seattle headquarters from 10:30 AM to 3 PM. The first hour included a company overview. Then the next hour and a half was dedicated to lunch with the professionals. After that, from 1 to 3 PM were four back-to-back interviews with managers, each lasting 30 minutes.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

First interview consisted of a 1:1 interview with a senior manager of IT Advisory which took place at my school. Got a call about a week later telling me I've been selected for a 2nd round (KPMG Inside Look Program) in NYC. The program was a whole day of events that started from 12:30 to about 9PM. There were 2 1:1 interviews (behavioral stuff, walking through resume) then we were broken into groups then a presentation by a partner took place. Afterwards we all went to a restaurant where KPMG had booked for us. There, there was an open bar and a short mingling session. After about half an hour or so, the speed recruiting process took place. You were put in a group with 1 or 2 partners, and every table had either an associate or a manager or senior manager or partner of KPMG. Every 8 minutes, you would hear a whistle and move onto the next table. You had to sit at 5 tables in total. Afterwards, it was an open-seating buffet style dinner. I got a call back from them after 2 or 3 days letting me know they'll be sending me a job offer letter in the mail. It was generally a very laid-back, fun day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a local recruiter from Boston. Was very polite and receptive to questions. The recruiter asked very general basic questions for interviews such as:

What leadership roles have you help? Tell me about a difficult group project? What are some of your interests?

Interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and took about that long. About two weeks later I received a phone call from the New York office recruiter saying that I have been accepted into the next round of interviews in New York city. They paid for my transportation and hotel for the day before and day of. Walked over from the hotel to the main office (only 2 or 3 blocks) and had a small breakfast with them and then the interview day began.

A partner from the New York office began by speaking to all the interns at the office with a presentation discussing KPMG's acitivites and each of the areas that we would be interviewing for. There was a period of questions. Afterwards the New York recruiter spoke to us about the intern experience and what makes KPMG a good place to begin your career. There was some sort of promotional movie involved and then before lunch there was a group activity where each group was given a topic discussed in the presentation and with the help of one full time KPMG employee we were supposed to elaborate on the topic and give a skit/presentation on it. The winning group got some free prizes (free KPMG bags and luggage tags). There was a break for lunch and afterward we were pulled upstairs one at a time for two interviews with managers. One strictly behavioral the other more technical based.

After all the interviews were complete we were free to go back to the hotel.

Interview Questions

• When have you worked in a group environment and had to overcome a difficult problem?   Answer Question
    • What do you believe IT Advisory consists of?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Since it was an internship there was no negotiation. About 3 days after the interview I received a phone call from the recruiter and was invited to be an intern for the summer 2010. A packet followed in the next few days with all the documentation I was supposed to sign and return.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

The inhouse interview took me almost a whole day. I met with one sr, and two senior manager. The questions are resume walk through and basic behavior questions. Everyone asked me about " Why do you want to work in IT advisory?"

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

I applied through my university's career services website. They took us out to a pre-interview dinner the night before the first round interview. There were 8 candidates for IT Advisory at my table, with 4 current KPMG employees. During the dinner (which had about 40 students total for all other practices), they made a presentation about the firm to give us more information. The dinner was definitely enjoyable and a great way to showcase your personality.

The next day I interviewed with the manager who was at my table, so I already felt very comfortable around him and he had a sense of what I was like. Four of the eight of us got asked to come to the second round interview, which was about two weeks after in NY. It was an all-day event that consisted of info sessions, panel discussions, networking, two more 1:1 interviews, and speed recruiting. Speed recruiting takes place at the end of the day before the dinner where you spend about 2 minutes with each employee and then rotate. It was definitely a lot of fun.

I received a call the next day giving me the offer for the internship. Very timely.

Everyone was very friendly. I think showing that you have good interpersonal skills because everyone seems very focused on people at the firm.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember. They were pretty much based on resume and just going through that.   Answer Question

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

I gained contact with the company through a meeting held by UGA's SMIS organization for Management Information Systems majors. Afterwards, I attended a Fall Recruitment dinner also held by SMIS where many companies were represented (including KPMG). I made further contacts with them there, emailed them afterwards and interviewed with them on campus a week or so later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you showed great leadership.   Answer Question
    • What are some of the things that you have been learning in your MIST classes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2009.

Interview

Got a phone interview with a Campus Recruiter. The interview was very quick and just a first round "talk" with recruiters. After this round, you get notified if you get asked back for second round interviews in a couple months. The second round consists of two half hour interviews with managers and a "speed dating" interview process where you talk to different employees for about 10 minutes and then switch.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a situation where you faced diversity of some kind and how did you deal with this?   Answer Question