KPMG MA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG MA Interview Questions

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Associate for M&A Group Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Found a mutual connection through my alma mater. The connection forwarded my resume to the Managing Partner. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins. The Interview went well. Was told that I would be contacted to schedule the next step in the process. Never heard back. Followed up and was told that the group was going through some administrative changes, and they decided to postpone hiring indefinitely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why KPMG? Why Tax?   Answer Question

M&A Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in the fall of 2016 through a school recruiting program. There were two rounds of interviews. The first was with a partner only and lasted 30 minutes. The second involved separate interviews with 3 different people, lasting 30 minutes each, and a lunch with two others.

Interview Questions

• Why M&A? Why an accounting firm instead of a law firm? Describe time you had a conflict with a team member.   1 Answer

M&A Tax Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Process began with a phone interview with the HR recruiter. Next step was a phone interview with the head of the group. Final step was an in-office interview with five members of the group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation on salary.

Deal Advisory M&A Tax Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Istanbul (Turkey)) in September 2014.

Interview

Mostly, there are two interviewers at first interview, one is from HR department, the other is manager of the relative department. They are quite relaxed and full of positive energy (similing most of the time). The interview stars in native language and continues in English. The questions include personal information, Cv-related questions and role-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you regard yourself as a higly motivated person under pressure and in overtime periods?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Be honest and positive. No need to be nervous. Just focus on the questions and the answer you give. Be selective in using words (i.e. be polite and professional as much as you can).

M&A Junior Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2013.

Interview

Did psychometric tests, face to face interviews with managemetn and partners and then finally an actual case study exam using excel to value a company

M&A Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2011.

Interview

I had interview with HR. First, there were technical questions : valuation methods and how to provide valuation using these methods. Other questiions were associated with motivation : why KPMG; why M&A in KPMG, but not investment banks; my achievements; my weaknesses and strengths. As I applied for intern position and my education was not financial, there were questions why I want to make finance career.

Intern M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2011.

Interview

1) on-line Numerical test, Verbal test
    2) writing Essay, Valuation Test
    3) Interview With HR
    4) Interview with Management (may take several interviews)

1) Standart tests. Numerical was challenging.

2) Writing Essay in English (approx 30 min). Subject can vary from "whom do you want to be" to "what did you do on your summer vacation". Result depends on your grammar and your essay structure.
    Valuation Test (9 questions, approx 40 mins, multiple choice)

3) Standart HR questions about motivation.

4) Both for motivation and professional knowledge

M&A Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Paris (France)) in October 2016.

Interview

Un test d'anglais et de personnalité puis deux tours d'entretiens avec 4 entretiens par tour.
    Rencontre avec des analystes/Associates sur le premier tour et des directeurs/Partners sur le second.
    Questions techniques générales (Processus m&a, comptabilité, Valorisation, actualités)

Interview Questions

• Quel est la technique de valorisation qui permet d'avoir le VE la plus élevée ?   2 Answers

M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amstelveen (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Amstelveen (Netherlands)) in April 2016.

Interview

Eerlijke goede sollicitatie procedure met goede feedbackloop. Het duurde een tijdje voordat ik het assesment toegestuurd kreeg. Het interview werd gedaan door 1 HR werknemer en een werknemen van de afdeling waar ik solliciteerde. Ik ben helaas niet gekozen maar er werd veel tijd besteed aan wat ik voor mijn volgende sollicitatie beter kan doen.

Praktikant M&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Frankfurt am Main (Germany)) in March 2011.

Interview

Die beiden Interviewer waren sehr jung, höflich und fachkundig. Insgesamt ein sehr sympathisches, sehr problemloses Interview.

Interview Questions

• Wie werden Unternehmen im M&A-Verfahren bewertet?   1 Answer