KPMG Sr Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

37 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had 2 rounds of in person interviews. Was told I would get an offer but then after months of waiting was told it wasn't going to happen.

Audit Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Initial phone screening to be followed by an actual phone interview diving deeper into my experience. If acceptable, an in person interview will be conducted with hiring manager and audit personnel to determine experience level and fit, and further analysis of my experience relative to the firms' needs.

Interview Questions

• What type of audit experience do you have?   1 Answer

Audit Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Introductory phone interview for both sides to determine whether my experience and capabilities fit the position.
    Longer 2nd phone interview 12 days later to discuss and negotiate specifics of the working relationship, since it involved a mix of travel and working remotely.
    Hiring partner then contacted my supervising partner in my previous position with another KPMG Firm to confirm my capabilities.
    Traveled to New York two weeks later for an all day series of interviews including lunch with three levels of partners in the chain above me and the two colleagues I would work with most closely.
    Offer came two weeks after that.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

The initial contact was through a hiring agency. KPMG was looking for a Senior PM with in-depth knowledge of data warehouses, both from a business and a technical perspective, for a program proposed by the firm's CIO.

I interviewed with three people at their office in Montvale, NJ, each of whom would have been a peer in the organization. Each person was quite frank about the fact that the effort was in its embryonic stages and would need someone who could not only manage projects, but also run discovery sessions and do presentations to gather requirements for one or more pilot efforts.

Their feedback to the program manager must have been positive, as I was called back in to meet with him a few days later. The gist of that conversation was that he was more interested in what kind of project governance he could expect from me rather than how I could help generate interest among the partners for the endeavor.

After waiting almost two weeks, I was informed by the hiring agency that the PgM had hired someone else through a different agency.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult or unexpected questions. What WAS unexpected was the disconnect between the PgM and his reports over the requirements for the position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2011.

Interview

All day interview in Manhattan with numerous Managers and departments. There was a lot of waiting time inbetween different departments and managers as they were interviewing a large group of people. I was a little older than most of the other candidates and dressed better so the security people assumed I was a partner from out of town and they escorted me separately from the interview group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff - everyone asked "Tell me about yourself." They asked about hobbies and interests, life style, etc. What are my weaknesses and strong points, etc. There were some technical questions about HIPAA.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with three people day of interview. Had a precious phone interview. Process was handled by experienced hired recruiter who was effective and efficient and was good in communicating status of the process. People who interviewed were open and honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

The process included a series of group interviews with current staff (not HR folks) and if you made the cut from group to group, you were then presented with a specific "case: (as a form of behavioral interview) where a smaller group offered up a potential client situation and what you would do to serve that particular client. The final interview was with the Partner I would report to.

Better opportunities elsewhere.

Senior Manager, Advisory Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview, recruiter asked if I have any interest in working for KPMG. Certainly I love to work for one of the big four advisory firm, and I thought the interview went well.

However, a follow up call to advised me that I do not have sales experience, strange to the fact that I haven't seen a job description and I was responsible for $20M annually in P&L in one of my previous roles with 20% in targeted quotas increase annually.

Not sure if it is a quick way to blow me off from advance further in the interview process, but I'm disappointed and the organization is making a serious error in judgement.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the achievement highlights, and how it creates opportunity for your organization!   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely slow, inefficient, and inaccurate process, with very poor communication between the recruitment team and candidates.
    To organise the first interview, the recruitment team had to rearrange 3 times: they suggested the days and times, I offered my availability straightaway, and they forgot to confirm or cancel.
    In 2 cases I ended up calling the recruiter the day before of the planned interview to learn that the interview was not confirmed and none bothered to communicate this to me.
    It took 4+ weeks to arrange just the first interview.
    The first interview was very positive. Had a very good impression of the company and the person I met.
    I sent a feedback email to the recruitment team waiting to be called for the second interview, as I was told by the interviewee they would plan one ASAP.
    I waited again 2 weeks before following up, just to find out that the recruiter missed the positive feedback from the interviewee. The recruitment team called to apologise for their mistake, and to tell me that the position was already offered to someone else.
    Nevertheless, I was offered a second round of 2 interviews for a similar role, which took again another 2+ weeks to be organised.
    I have sent my feedback to the recruitment team straight away after the 2 interviews.
    And 10 days later, still no feedback from the recruitment team!
    And I have accepted another offer fro a more efficient company.

Interview Questions

• Very structured question. Tell me about a time... style questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email inviting me for an interview after submitting my CV online. There wasn't any contact from the recruitment team to tell me about the role or process, or any support ahead of or after the interview. Competency based interview at their offices in Canary Wharf and then a four week wait for feedback which was inaccurate - they rejected me based on others having talent experience and claimed my background was in generalist HR which isn't true.