KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Tax Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2017

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I met a recruiter by circumstance, gave her my resume, and next thing I knew, I had in house interviews with the managers, senior manager, and partner. Overall, it was a very relaxing interview in house. It wasn't nerve wracking in the least. They made feel more so like a conversation. Granted, I was coming straight out of grad school so I couldn't really answer any technical questions.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot like a conversation. Why this particular position? What you like about this city? etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in office interview with 2 people from financial services and 2 from corporate tax. Behavior based mixed with relevant experience. VERY laid back, no reason to panic...

Interview Questions

• "I am very interested in your experience with ___, tell me about that and how you got that internship."   1 Answer

Tax Associate for M&A Group Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Found a mutual connection through my alma mater. The connection forwarded my resume to the Managing Partner. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins. The Interview went well. Was told that I would be contacted to schedule the next step in the process. Never heard back. Followed up and was told that the group was going through some administrative changes, and they decided to postpone hiring indefinitely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why KPMG? Why Tax?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Made it through first round where it was just a one-on-one interview with a Senior Manager. Second round involved an office visit with flight and hotel paid for. We had a dinner the night before. The second day had a presentation, four 30-minute interviews back-to-back, then dinner with associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume. Very conversational from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Technology Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

first round was a telephonic interview, completely based on your resume with basic concepts of oops. Second round was a on site interview with 2 interviewers for 30 mins each. the interviewers didn't make me comfortable at all. They kept on bombarding with question over question.They didn't even bother getting copy of my resume. i had to hand them my own copies.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a sql code with 500 lines of code. if it returns you 15 records instead of 5 records.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

It is a Campus Interview. Interviewer is a tax manager, very friendly. She will ask to walk through the resume, and ask several behavior questions. Then it is your turn to ask the question.

Tax Associate Ignition Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round with a senior manager. Asked about machine learning concepts and relevant experience that i have. That got translated to an onsite where I was asked behavioral and database system related questions.

Interview Questions

• Machine Learning and Database questions   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

My interviewer spent 7 minutes talking about himself and then asked me to introduce myself.
    After that, he asked 4 random questions from a question list.
    All the questions were irrelevant to one another.
    In the final Q&A part, my interviewer was excited again, because he finally got a chance to talk about himself again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized.   Answer Question

M&A Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in the fall of 2016 through a school recruiting program. There were two rounds of interviews. The first was with a partner only and lasted 30 minutes. The second involved separate interviews with 3 different people, lasting 30 minutes each, and a lunch with two others.

Interview Questions

• Why M&A? Why an accounting firm instead of a law firm? Describe time you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

This was the first interview on campus. It was all mostly behavioral questions, and it went well. At the end, i expressed my interest in joining KPMG, and what field I was interested in. Best advice- Just be yourself. Got a 2nd interview coming up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your employer gave you constructive criticism, and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question