KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017
3,960 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Advisory Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Moscow (Russia)) in September 2016.

Interview

Really nice structured interview. With a very friendly people on every stage of the process. However, some tough questions about the job were asked at the very beginnings, so keep yourself updated on the company profile.

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Petaling Jaya (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR one day after online application.
    Interview with manager was set up after a week.Asked to bring along certificate and make photocopies of documents.
    Prior to interview , I was required to do a writing test.
    You are given 5 essay choices.
    20 minutes was given, only required question one our of five question.
    Interview started after that.
    Face to face with only one manager.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were situation based. You are expected to use your experience to answer.   4 Answers

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Melbourne (Australia)) in April 2017.

Interview

Incredibly intimidating and cold.

Both the interviewers were robots. They show no emotion and almost look like they're incapable of smiling.

It was a very chilling experience that lasted an immeasurable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you have gone the extra mile?   1 Answer

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Milan (Italy)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview starts with a presentation about the company. In this presentation the senior manager describes the industry and the career path. After that there are a technical test and an english test.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me the area that i prefer (financial or industry)   2 Answers

Alliance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Cloud, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint-Cloud, Ile-de-France (France)).

Interview

1ère contact RH par mail plutôt désinvolte et manquant de professionnalisme.
    Pas de retour à mes relances pour faire avancer le dossier. Motif évoque : vous comprenez c'était les vacances scolaire.
    Suivi par téléphone un mois plus tard pour m'indiquer sur le poste était pourvu.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

Dinner at a fancy restaurant in the city where you chat with interns, first year people, and graduates from the school. Typically, the person who will be interviewing you will be at the dinner. Mine was not. Then they held interviews at the college all next day.

Interview Questions

• Given 5 days and a small group of new people to work with to develop a new project, name a social event and a technical event you would hold to bring the team together in terms of chemistry and skill.   Answer Question

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I first had an interview at the campus. I got a response relatively quickly. I visited NYC office about a week later for multiple interviews. I got to meet all the team members. Each interview was about 30 minutes long. There was no skills test.

Interview Questions

• If two people asked you to do the job, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Transaction Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

- met a PE guy who had connections with the FDD dept: connected me with the Partner
    - Gave interviews with the Partner & Manager; went well so they put me on the case study
    - Case study had financial reports of 1 company & i had to adjust a variety of items with some key items
    - After case study, there was a case discussion with 2 managers; they played the good cop bad cop routine & sort of 'interrogated' me on my analysis. the bad cop was mainly pressuring me & was trying to attack my analysis and the good cop was trying to defend as much as he can.
    - Overall it was a crazy ride; my analysis and my recommendations were good but i messed up on a few key adjustments... and on their interrogation I kinda stumbled as I couldn't compete well enough

Interview Questions

• - FX or M&A effects on the key items in financial reporting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Brisbane (Australia)) in June 2016.

Interview

i am up to stage 3-a video interview..theme park hero assessment was a joke- i do not see how that measures anything. I have a class 1 honours and the exam told me that judging by my results i have poor time management skills and poor problem solving skills- it is just a waste of time and easy way for HR to cull numbers

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

Statt einem Gesprächspartner warteten auf mich ganze sechs. Vier von der Abteilung, eine HR und ein Prokurist. Weil vier von ihnen kein Deutsch konnten, lief das gesamte Gespräch auf Englisch ab. Obwohl mein Englisch grundsätzlich fließend ist, hatte ich Schwierigkeiten, bestimmte Dinge aus Wortschatzmangel zu formulieren (Verantwortungen der Wirtschaftsprüferkammer gem. neuer EU-Reform, Prozesse einer Audit-Prüfung, etc.).

Mein Lebenslauf wurde durchgegangen, einige Fragen zur Motivation, viele fachliche Fragen.

Obwohl ich Berufserfahrung habe und wirklich großes Interesse am Audit, konnte ich die Fragen nicht vollumfänglich beantworten. Hier möchte ich erneut betonen, dass es sich um ein Praktikum während des Studiums handelt, keine feste Einstellung.

Interview Questions

• Was ist nach HGB zu beachten, wenn Kapitalgesellschaften die UKV-Methode anwenden?   1 Answer
    • Welche Veränderungen bring die neue EU-Abschlussprüferreform mit sich?   Answer Question
    • Wie werden nach dem HGB Wertpapiere buchhalterisch behandelt?   Answer Question