KPMG Senior Associate - Advisory Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

I was brought in by a partner, so my interview process was very abbreviated. I only spoke with one Senior Manager who didn't interview me but gave a description of the culture at KPMG. After that interview I had to wait a few weeks for the job offer because at the time KPMG was going from a regional model to a national model. I lived in a different region than the partner so my hire had to be approved.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2011.

Interview

Telephonic round consisted:
     1) HR Round
         It was pretty simple, questions on ur experience, Salary expectations etc.
     2) Technical round
          Was also good, nice questions were asked.
    Then there was a Partner round with the Director, which went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Albany, NY).

Interview

I have been in the KPMG process since last 8 weeks. Not sure if this is all real or a set up. The recruiter called and spoke for 5 minutes and said he will get back to me. For 2 weeks no response and then set up a interview date. I met the Partner, Director and Manager. Went through 2-3 hours of interview. All went well. No response. A week later the recruiter calls and lets me know I was short listed for another 5 rounds of interview with 3 managers and 2 directors. I go through 5 rounds. All went well. It's been few days, no response.

It is a shame how KPMG's hiring process works. They talk about being professionals. I think it is more about acting smart than being smart. I read on some blogs that this interviews are not real. They hire cheap H1-B people in other countries and then justify that they were not able to find anybody local of same talent.

Also KPMG prefers to hire people in 20's. I learnt through the interview process, they don't want people with more experience as they won't blend well with the existing staff.

Interview Questions

• Why would a firm like KPMG will hire you as we have so many candidates coming here everyday for interview.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received an email from a KPMG recruiter within 2 days asking me to schedule a phone screen with her. Within a week I was asked to come in for an 1:1 interview at their New York office and met with 2 managers. I received an offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions, what is an area you would like to improve,   1 Answer

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days of submitting my application. I had an initial call with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with a Director within the same week. The following week I had an in office interview with a couple Managers and a Partner. In all of my interviews I don't believe there were any questions asked that I wasn't expecting or haven't gotten in just your standard interviews. The bulk of the interview was just discussing my experiences and how those experiences would fit into the position. I received an offer a few days after my in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR Recruiter after submitting resume online. Had a brief phone screening. Scheduled for an in person interview with a hiring manager and two members of his team. Had a one on one interview with each person where the focus was on my experience and how it would fit a team at KPMG. No real tell me about a time when.... or test-type of questions were presented to me. Was called in for a second interview with a different hiring manager. Just one person this time. Had a final interview with a partner. HR Recruiter called me a few days after and said an offer was imminent. That took about 2 weeks and then I had less than 48 hours to respond.

Interview Questions

• Main focus was on my prior government experience and the types of work I had done   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2008.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR recruiter, then a phone interview with a manager in the practice I was interested in. I then had an onsite interview with three managers individually, followed by an interview with the partner. It took 4 hours in the Chicago office. The interviews were pretty straight forward - a few behavioral questions but mostly questions about direct work experience. I received an offer a few weeks later, then had two weeks to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a poor decision you made and what you learned from the experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I attempted to negotiate through the internal recruiter (instead of the hiring manager) and I go not considerations. If I could do it differently, I would definitely contact the hiring manager or partner directly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

I thought the interview process was very thorough and responsive.
    Person at HR was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.
    First, I was contacted by HR Manager, then schedule to have phone interview with two Sr. Managers.

Senior Associate Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. I was initially contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn that was relatively new to the sector that I was working in with my previous employer. The recruiter asked if I would be able to do an informational interview about my sector, which I agreed to, and then from there the relationship developed and she asked if I'd be interested in speaking with another recruiter that handles experienced hires; I agreed.

The second call I did was a phone interview with the experienced hire recruiter, which was more or less her telling me about the opportunities available within the firm. She also asked if I could quickly walk through my resume. Upon describing my experiences, I was asked to come in and interview with a partner and manager.

The first interview was with a partner within the advisory arm. The interview was fantastic. It consisted mostly of describing my experiences leading organizations and consulting teams to deliver products and results for the client. This interview lasted about 45 minutes, and was really more of a conversation than a formal interview.

I then interviewed with 2 managers. The interview was also very conversational with most of the questions asking me to describe leadership and management, as well as a few questions around topics such as "describe metrics that you would use to track the progress and success of merging/restructing organizations." "

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in July 2012.

Interview

Had a common friend so was able to skip initial online application. Conducted brief phone interview / screening with hiring manager. Few days later had a more in-depth phone interview with national recruiter. Two weeks later had a phone interview with the Partner managing the team I would potentially join. Was asked to fly out to office for interview loop with four members from the team (1 partner, 1 director, 1 manager, and 1 senior associate). Couple days later, received call from national recruiter that I would be offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing overly surprising. Just needed to be confident and on my toes. Mostly behavioral or business process related questions. Stuff I should know at this point in my career.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Some negotiation.