KPMG Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call back two weeks later and set up phone call where I spoke briefly over the phone with campus recruiter to discuss career goals and was then invited to come visit the office, go out to lunch, attend an intern panel and company interview followed up by an hour of interviewing with a director and partner.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

NO CASE STUDY. I think KPMG is the only one of the big 4 not to do a case study. The first interview was at the university campus (i applied through my university). All behavioral questions. The second interview was at the company site. I met with 2 managers and 1 director for a short time each. They each asked behavioral questions. It was very relaxed and conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral and conversational. very laid back and they really just want to get to know you. they just want to know that you can keep a conversation. The interviewer was very nice and wanted to understand what I like and what my hobbies are. The office visit was awesome and you get to meet most of the people you get to work with and ask any questions that you have in an informal way.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview process was very lengthy but overall easy. I had 2 phone screenings, 1 phone interview, and 2 on site interviews. I will say some of the people I talked to were not very informed about why they were even interviewing me. A bit of a mess and unorganized. Luckily despite everything, everyone I talked to was very friendly. The talks were pretty laid back and gave you a nice insight into prospective placement and culture.

Senior Business Analyst - IT Interview

Interview

Initial interview with the hiring manager. Casual phone discussion format. Hiring Manager kept asking for more detail about my technical experience, saying my business and relationship management experience was clear, but what about my technical experience... the Recruiter and I were not expecting it to be a technical interview...
    The next step will be an in-person panel interview including IT Development Leadership. I will select "no offer" below as there is no offer yet at this stage (and its a required field).

Interview Questions

• What other technology did you use, ... years ago you coded COBOL, REXX, JCL, XML, SQL, but what technology have you worked with in the last two roles on your resume?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was contacted by my recruiter who help me set up a Technical Interview with a Director at the firm. We spoke briefly about 30 minutes and let me know he would enage the recruiter if interested.

Fast forward one week : I got a call and they were interested and to fly into the city for a interview

Next week was the interview on Friday. Pretty easy. No behavioral. Nice culture

IT Advisory Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The entire process took three weeks with numerous numerous interviews back to back days. They ask a lot of scenario questions to see how well you answer them. I learned a lot of the position and they bun-in to you what they expect of you when you join their team. They really want you to know exactly what they want from you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

Started with a pre-night at a local bar. Pretty laid back, just talked with some of the current employees. Interviewed the next morning with a manager. Standard behavioral questions: "Tell me a time where you...".

Received a call about a week later for the second round. That started with a happy hour with managers and partners. Then after that we went bowling with current associates. Had a full day the next day that included presentations, lunch, and three 30 minute interviews. Interviews were extremely laid back - I think I only got asked one question out of all three. They just want to see that you can hold a conversation and ask relevant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were faced with an overwhelming challenge at work or school and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

About a week after the resume drop, I was invited for an on-campus 30 minute behavioral interview. It was pretty laid back, got to speak to the director for a long time, answered any questions I had. Just asked about my relevant experiences etc (very similar to what an experienced hire would be asked, less focus on STAR format, just talked about your past internships or classes/projects. A week later, heard back to come into their NYC Inside Look Day (which was scheduled for about 2 weeks after that). This was really fun overall, there was a dinner the night before with some other associates (I think this was just for us to ask any questions and relax us. I don't believe they were judging us/asked later on what their opinion was of us but I'm unsure). The next day, there was breakfast at the office, some information about KPMG then 2 two back to back behavioral interviews. Again, very conversational, however this time they did ask many STAR behavioral questions, but if you search and prepare the top interview questions, you'll be alright. Then there was a group activity with other candidates (we played pictionary! super fun and laid back no need to stress after the interviews are over). Then they took us out to lunch at a nice restaurant, gave a tour of the office and had some closing remarks. Overall, very relaxed and comfortable. I heard back with an offer 1.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked on a team and had a conflict. Leadership qualities?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round - flew me to Seattle for an interview with the director. Felt more like a conversation than interview.

2nd round - flew back to seattle. Two 30 min interview back to back. Case study to get a feel of what it's like to be a consultant and social after the interview which was part of the interview process too. They took good care of everyone and paid for hotel, flight, food and cab fairs.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at KPMG?
      Tell me about a time you failed at something, what would you do differently and what do you think the result would be like?   Answer Question