KPMG Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

68 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Tax Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Very basic questions about my qualifications ie. 150 hour requirement and graduation date. I was surprised that there were no behavioral questions asked.

Global Internship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Application review- be as detailed as possible; include as much prior international experience as possible; sound passionate
    phone interview-- 30 minutes, mostly logistics, asked: name two strengths and two things you can improve on; why would it benefit you to go abroad;Please describe any skills/experiences that have prepared you to work internationally.If selected, what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?

Interview Questions

• what do you anticipate will be your greatest challenge while abroad and how do you plan to minimize its impact?   1 Answer

Audit Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

The first day consisting of a few speakers from the office and a panel of associates (all three or less years), and ending the day with a diner with partners at all levels and senior managers. Day two consisted of two half hour 'meet and greet's with recent hires that had similarities of schools or hometowns, alternated with two half hour interviews with senior managers.

Interview Questions

• Because this was for a tax season internship the most unexpected questions all related to being stressed and overworked during work or projects and how they were overcame.   Answer Question

Regulatory Risk Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied online through KPMG's website and through my University's career site. They asked me to interview and there was a meet and greet the night before hand. The employees were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I was interviewed by an employee that actually worked in regulator risk and the environment was very relaxed. All the questions were behavioral and if you know your resume you should do fine. I am still waiting to hear if I will be invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends have described you in high school vs. in college today?   Answer Question

Market/Treasury Risk Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Got an interview after I applied on my school's recruiting website. Went to the dinner reception the day before my interview and talked to the recruiters who were interviewing me the next day. The interview itself was mostly technical questions about school course work and some questions relating to the market. There was also a case study.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in September 2013.

Interview

Met through Meet The Firms Night at school. Instantly liked them the best of the Big 4 as they are extremely friendly and easy to get along with. They seem like really good people. Further met them again at an on-campus presentation they gave. Was selected for an on-campus interview a few weeks later with a pre-interview dinner event. Everything in their recruiting process was extremely smooth and well-organized in nature. Enjoyed my time mingling with all of their representatives. Interview went very well but as a Sophomore, was told to do Leadership Program instead. Will interview again next Fall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Typical campus interview process. Applied through our campus career website and scheduled for an interview. The whole process was as expected. Questions weren't too difficult, I advise everyone to check different career-related websites. Some of the questions I can remember are: "Tell me about yourself" "Why KPMG?" "Why this office?" "Why this service line?"

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview at Leadership Conference. Very informal. Questions very much directed towards getting to know me and why I am interested in interning with the firm. Asked about personal interests. Nothing behavioral, although I have been asked those in different settings.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would be some deciding factors in the "hypothetical" situation that I received multiple offers.   Answer Question

IT Consulting Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had my 1st on campus, the interview was very causal and was consisted of some behavioral questions. There were 2 interviews in the 2nd. No hard technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this posistion?   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Interview

I got the 1st round interview through campus recruitment and interviewed with a tax partner. He asked me 3 to 4 questions and let me ask him questions.