KPMG Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Internship Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.9

Internship Interview

Interview

Interview at Leadership Conference. Very informal. Questions very much directed towards getting to know me and why I am interested in interning with the firm. Asked about personal interests. Nothing behavioral, although I have been asked those in different settings.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what would be some deciding factors in the "hypothetical" situation that I received multiple offers.   Answer Question

IT Consulting Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had my 1st on campus, the interview was very causal and was consisted of some behavioral questions. There were 2 interviews in the 2nd. No hard technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good fit for this posistion?   Answer Question

Tax Internship Interview

Interview

I got the 1st round interview through campus recruitment and interviewed with a tax partner. He asked me 3 to 4 questions and let me ask him questions.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting and was selected for an on campus interview. The first interview was conducted with a partner. To my surprise the interview was very laid back and lasted only 30 minutes. We went over my resume for about 10-15 minutes and then talked about the position and the responsibilities involved. About a week later I was invited to participate in the Inside Look (second rounds) program.

I was extremely nervous a few days leading up to Inside Look but again, it was very laid back and informing. The first night started with a tour of the office and concluded with a two hour dinner at a very nice steakhouse. The second day lasted from 8am-2pm with various activities and a couple of interviews with senior managers. All of the interviews were very laid back and did not include any behavioral questions. Though a few of the other candidates I spoke with did have behavioral questions. It all depends on who you interview with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating since it is an internship

Economic Valuation Services Internship Interview

Interview

Applied through college career website. First round interview was fairly standard--mostly behavioral with two technical questions about DCF.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was regarding DCF and the multiples method   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Orange, CA).

Interview

Behavioral questions:
    Describe a time that a team member wasn't pulling their own weight and how you dealt with it.
    Describe a time that you took initiative.
    Describe a time where something didn't go according to plan and how you resolved it.
    Why do you want to work for KPMG/ this practice?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied through on campus and got a First Interview. Interview went well (as least I thought it did) but I received a rejection letter the next day. Seemed a little turned off that I was new to the accounting field, but arent internships meant for learning? A lot of fake smiles in that place.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in February 2012.

Interview

Interview on campus - about 45 minutes, then in-office interview round.

Interview Questions

• What question were you expecting us to ask, and what would be your answer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied online through my schools career site for a summer audit internship. Had an on campus interview about 2 weeks after the deadline. Pretty basic interview. Just asked questions about my resume and almost no behavioral questions. Interview was very friendly and easy to have a conversation with. Ended up not getting a second interview but still an ok experience.

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Mountain View, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

The first interview was on-campus and was with a partner or manager from the firm. They responded the next week with an offer to join them for a second round interview called the "inside look" program. That program was about 1 and 1/2 days. They completely accommodate you with transportation and hotel, and dinner the first night is a big social with partners and other candidates at the hotel. The next day consisted of two interviews, team building activities, lunch, and presentations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, negotiating phase. They'll make you an offer if they really want you the night after your interview!