KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 25, 2017
3,714 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I had a great experience with the on-site interview. It was three back-to-back 30-minute interview with a lunch at the end with KPMG associates and managers. It might sound overwhelming but if you actually make a good conversation out of the interview they wouldn't seem long at all. All behavioral questions and nothing you can't prepare for.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance when you worked with difficult people and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Enterprise Valuation Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Phone interview followed by full day of interviews at the firms Atlanta office. It was mainly a fit/behavioral type of interview with a few managers in the department as well as former interns.

Interview Questions

• Questions about previous experience, expectations about the job, expectations about career trajectory   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Phone interview and in person interview. Would've been 1-2 more interviews with managers. Applied online and received an invitation for phone interview within 1 week. During the phone interview I was asked straight forward questions that directly related to the job and asked to go over my resume.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruitment team was very informative and the initial screening was rapid. I interviewed with 2 recruiters via phone, a team member via Skype and the hiring manager via phone and in-person. The process was a bit exhausting and time consuming for the number of interviews. I understand KPMG wants to ensure the candidate is the right fit.

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Not very technical, more get to know you style. Pre-interview dinner to get to know you will be interviewing you and then a conversation about yourself during the actual interview the next day.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter within maybe less than a week of applying for the position online. After a very brief phone with the recruiter (asked about compensation, a little bit about resume) I received an invitation two days later to interview. Interviewed with coordinator, then quality control lead. Was later called back to interview with the manager. Looking for someone with good customer service skills. Note: Salary listed online is for the role of Senior Administrative Assistant and is higher for that for this Administrative Assistant.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions: Have you ever had to deal with bullying, Was there a time where you had to share best practices, Tell me a little bit about your current position, How do you handle multiple urgent tasks at the same time, have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer...expect a few technical questions about how to perform a task in Word or what to look for when formatting a document.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward. Asked about my college experience. Asked me if I believed I could succeed at KPMG, what are my strengths and weaknesses. Asked me where do I see myself in five years.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Recruiter initial screening, technical phone interview from easy to hard questions covering major technology areas for the job, final face to face interview with manager and then director. The overall experience was good. They come back quickly with feedback and on further processes.

Interview Questions

• String reverse logic, IIS app pool, writing a query using pivot etc   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

It was very quick and relaxed. They just asked basic questions about my background and skills. I had two conversations over the phone and met with a couple of people in person.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions about background and experiences   Answer Question

Strategy Consulting MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied off-campus for a summer internship from a part-time MBA program, but during the same timeline as the standard MBA internship recruiting cycle. They have several former part-time MBAs as consultants and had a nice process for us to get access to the firm. Apps were due in mid December and we got Interview invites in early- to mid-January. First round was in their Chicago office (part-time students can't utilize on-campus intern recruiting--school rule) and consisted of 2 45-minute interviews. Each interview involved maybe 10-15 minutes of behavioral/fit, and then a case. It was fairly straightforward. The cases weren't too hard and the interviewers were both very nice, although one of them started off pretty stern/serious before warming up near the end. I felt I did well and was surprised not to be invited back for Round 2. I talked to a few others who had the same experience. I spent a good amount of time networking and meeting consultants in the firm in the months leading up to the interview--almost everyone I met was extremely nice, helpful, and down-to-earth. I'd highly recommend KPMG Strategy and I will definitely be applying for a full-time position in the fall.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral and case questions--be able to discuss every bullet on your resume in deep detail.   Answer Question