KPMG IT Advisory - Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 28, 2017

2.7

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting. Had a pre interview session the night before and then interviewed in the morning. Heard a week later that I was not being offered an additional interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were challenged as a leader?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

For me the process started in the career fair. I presented my resume and applied in the website. I was call for the interview a few weeks later and successfully cleared the first round. I was called to the firm office location and had 2 rounds of interview. After couple of weeks I received the offer.

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very friendly and was mostly behavioral . Everyone was really nice and supportive throughout the whole process. No technical questions, personality quiz or whatsoever. Be prepared to talk and also be comfortable and confident in answering questions like " why did you apply for KPMG and why IT Advisory specifically?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, One on-campus interview, 2 in-office interviews. Associates walk you through the interview day and take you to lunch to give you a more informal view of KPMG. There is usually a game played.

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2013.

Interview

The Campus Hire interview process consisted of two rounds:
    Round 1 - talked with employees at a career fair, attended a networking event the night before my scheduled interview, attended an interview with an audit partner.
    After a couple of weeks, I was invited to Round 2 interviews.
    Round 2 - held over two days at the local office. Day one consisted of learning more about the firm and the work that we would be doing on a day to day basis, much of which occurred in a large conference room along with approximately 10-12 other interviewees. That night, the office took us out to a hockey game where we got to know our potential coworkers (and they got to know us as well). Day two consisted of more informational sessions about the company in smaller groups, as well as one on one interviews with the hiring manager. Interviews were mostly conversational in nature.

Interview Questions

• What were your responsibilities at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

1 on-campus interview, 1 in-person very easy process and the company makes you comfortable when you interview here. make sure you have a good understanding of the role and of the company. not too many technical questions, if any at all. great company to work for and great people.

Interview Questions

• standard interview questions, know a little bit about the firm and come with good targeted questions   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Partner, who was very helpful in answering my questions, and one other associate. And besides that, the interview process was pretty standard. I was asked some basic behavioral questions. Afterwards, some associates took all of the candidates out for coffee so they could ask more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that a group teammate did not do what he was supposed to do, and what did you do?   Answer Question

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG in February 2013.

Interview

Telephonic interview

Interview Questions

• DBA can delete the logs of his own activity. How do you audit in such a scenario to check for fraud?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Started out with the phone conversation. Leading to 3 interviews during the same day. After the interviews were completed, escorted out by the last interviewing manager or HR representative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had a difference of opinions with your manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

First i applied through my campus university website. I got invited to an on campus interview. The night before i attended a pre-interview dinner at a restaurant. The next day i had an on campus 30 minute interview 1:1 with a senior IT Associate. I met my interviewer the night before at the dinner. The dinner plus the on campus interview was very relaxed and casual.

After my on campus interview the next day i got a call inviting me to attend the second round interview in 5 days. The second round interview was 8 hours long. It consisted of presentations , team building exercise, 2 back to back interviews, and then dinner. This whole 8 hour day is very relaxed and nothing to worry about. The people that work for KPMG are great people and very kind. All the interviews you will have with them will be conversational based. Just talk to them. They want to hear about you and what you know.

So then two weeks later i got the "Congratulations" Call.

Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary they offered to me was fine with me. I was happy with what they offered me.