KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017
4,205 Interview Reviews

2.9

Audit Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The professional is very friendly and shared his personal experience. He focused on asking most of the behavior questions. No hard questions. he also asked why audit? and Why kpmg?

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn for a role within KPMG's cognitive automation lab as a Senior Associate. Sounded like an amazing opportunity. See below for the interviews I had:

Round 1: 30 minute chat with Recruiter
    Round 2: 1 hour chat with KPMG Manager
    Round 3: 5 30 minute interviews on site in NYC
    Round 4: 30 minute chat with Senior Manager
    Round 5: 30 minute chat with another Manager

After this it took KPMG 3 weeks to get back to me with a grammatically incorrect rejection note via email stating that my skill set was not a fit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to use data to make a decision   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So far three interviews. One checking about my background and two talking directly to data scientist . The first two interviews went well but the third one seemed to hang up early without saying goodbye. Not sure why that was.

Interview Questions

• If you were working for an Oil company who has 20 different sites throughout the world and who were struggling with staffing. Describe the data science process to solve there staffing issues.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews-
    One with a recruiter in South Africa
    One with an HR employee in New York
    One with a Data Scientist in Los Angeles
    The interview with the Data Scientist was a technical interview. There were questions about NLP, machine learning algorithms, optimizing sql an query.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a data set that has 500 features?   2 Answers

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through someone at KPMG. The interview was over the phone. There were two separate interviews. The first one was more conversational, the second one was more questions relating to what you can bring to the company

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Campus recruiting reached out to me. I interviewed with the managers from the Tax and Audit Department. Overall good experience, definitely showed genuine interest in getting to know you.

Big Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

First round - HR interview to check whether your expertise match requirement
    Second round - Initial technical round. Interviewer was really polite and gave confidence
    Third round - onsite with 3 interviewer 45 min each and a 30 min presentation. PPT can be anything related to your project or anything related to big data. I couldnt perform well in that coz that was my first experience, and Im in the job market after a 4 year long break.
    If your are confident with your skill set . try KPMG

Interview Questions

• Hadoop1 vs 2?
      Hive question and Hbase related
      Pig schemas
      SQL related question about pivoting and groupby orderby etc
      Behavioral question   2 Answers

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Details about experience -- specifically seeking to understand how my experience will overlay with KPMG organizational matrix. Specific examples of my responsibilities, challenges and daily tasks. Discussion of how knowledge will apply to the firm's offerings.

Dallas Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There were recruiting events at my university throughout the semester where you got a chance to get to know people from the Dallas audit practice. There was a round of on-campus interviews, then office visits which included another round of interviews. The people are all so nice and really care about getting to know you.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

1. screener with hr team member from South Africa 2. hiring manager phone call 3. phone call with director of department. No opportunity to interview in person.
    Everyone I spoke to was fairly unfriendly and not conversational by any means. It was a bit uncomfortable at times as the interviewers seemed unprepared and not interested in learning anything about me outside of what was already on my resume. One hiring manager was yawning quite continuously, another did not have questions ready nor responded to anything I said so there were long pauses. I spent a lot of time preparing for the interview, felt I was on my game and very qualified for the role so it was a disappointing process. Waited about a month to hear back and was only given feedback that they were not continuing with me once I had reached out.