KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
3,641 Interview Reviews

2.9

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

2 behavioral interviews on campus. Very laid back. Went through resume. Talked about previous experiences and education. Important to show them why you would be good fit on their team.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Go to the career fair and give your resume every chance you get, if they see your resume a lot when they organize their stack after the career fair then the assumption is that your very interested in KPMG and not just dropping resumes everywhere you can.

1st round on campus, very basic (strengths/weakness, SWOT questions...). Google "interview questions"and those will be the non personal questions. Also make sure you know your resume and be able to articulate what you did in your internship/club...

2nd round in office, very casual. Went to lunch with some seniors, then two 30 min interviews followed by HR presentation and dinner with partners, directors and managers. Very relaxed. Their goal is to get to know you and see if your someone who is enjoyable to work with. If you got this far the assumption is you know the technical skills, now you have to prove you have the soft skills. Be ready to have a lot of questions, and not standard ones like "what do you like about working here". Research the job and ask specific questions (eg. Could you tell me about a client experience that is representative of how normal interactions go when asking for client documentation?), then listen to the answer and pick something specific that they say and come up with a follow up question for it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Big 4 does A LOT of market research. They know how much the other Big 4, other public accounting firms and industry salaries for comparable jobs. They will give you basically the same offer as the other Big 4 + - $1,000 (if that).

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through school hiring website. The recruiters were very friendly and helped me relax before my interview with a partner. My interview consisted of me being asked one question and her rambling about about all the different tax services. I barely said anything after giving my first answer. I felt like the partner had made up her mind about me before I even stepped into the room.

Tax Associate for M&A Group Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Found a mutual connection through my alma mater. The connection forwarded my resume to the Managing Partner. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins. The Interview went well. Was told that I would be contacted to schedule the next step in the process. Never heard back. Followed up and was told that the group was going through some administrative changes, and they decided to postpone hiring indefinitely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why KPMG? Why Tax?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Made it through first round where it was just a one-on-one interview with a Senior Manager. Second round involved an office visit with flight and hotel paid for. We had a dinner the night before. The second day had a presentation, four 30-minute interviews back-to-back, then dinner with associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume. Very conversational from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got invited to a pre interview dinner to meet senior executives and other professionals within the firm. The next day was the on campus interview. After that I recieved a call shortly after to interview in the DC office. I had a two interviews and then went out to lunch with some company recruiters.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate much. I already knew what the process was from talking to my other classmates and I knew that I wanted exactly what they were offering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Networked with KPMG campus recruiter at a career fair at the University of Vermont and later received a call to set up an interview. The call wasn't very difficult, not a lot of situational analysis questions i.e. what would you do if...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position.   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you are best suited for this role. Talk about your experiences   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, in person interview. Everyone seemed nice but overall having 5 different 1 to 1's was very tiring. It also took them forever to get back to me

Interview Questions

• Why were you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I was a past summer intern, and got referred for an associate position through a recruiter. The entire interview process happened fairly fast, I was scheduled for a first round interview around 5-6 days after applying and was asked to come in for an office interview about 10 days after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in a classroom or workforce experience and how did you learn from them?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, very competitive offer

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Campus recruiting - Campus interview - Inside Look interview - offer
    The whole process was easy. KPMG does not trick you on interview questions. However, make sure to show them how much you want this job and why you are a good fit to the position.