KPMG IT Advisory - Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG IT Advisory - Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at KPMG

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I had an half hour interview with a senior consultant on campus. Then I was invited to an on site interview the same Friday. There were three interviews that day. Each around 30 to 40 minutes. Mainly behavioral questions, hardly technical questions. You have to know what you want from the company and why you want to be in the IT advisory. The office is in the center of downtown, very nice location. The people at the company are well dressed and mannered.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my salary for couple thousands dollars. but overall I think KPMG needs to pay higher.

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2009.

Interview

The overall experience was well put together and came across well. It took basically a whole day and consisted of a presentation by one of the managing partners and then two 1v1 interviews, followed by a staff panel which was there to answer our questions. The people were very personable and I didn't meet anyone who I didn't like. With that said, it's hard to separate the sales-pitch from the the real deal but from what I could tell it was pretty genuine.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any real specific questions or structure to the interview that I could tell. Just general questions about my resume and past related experiences.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

First i applied through my campus university website. I got invited to an on campus interview. The night before i attended a pre-interview dinner at a restaurant. The next day i had an on campus 30 minute interview 1:1 with a senior IT Associate. I met my interviewer the night before at the dinner. The dinner plus the on campus interview was very relaxed and casual.

After my on campus interview the next day i got a call inviting me to attend the second round interview in 5 days. The second round interview was 8 hours long. It consisted of presentations , team building exercise, 2 back to back interviews, and then dinner. This whole 8 hour day is very relaxed and nothing to worry about. The people that work for KPMG are great people and very kind. All the interviews you will have with them will be conversational based. Just talk to them. They want to hear about you and what you know.

So then two weeks later i got the "Congratulations" Call.

Hope this helps!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The salary they offered to me was fine with me. I was happy with what they offered me.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

over all pretty quick, i got hire directly from campus. we have campus interview which KPMG actually fly some manager from San jose office to my school in midewst. And second round they fly you to KPMG SF office. It's a full day interivew, you can meet with colleauge, have lunch with them, and you will get 2 rounds of interview with partner or director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

had a on-campus interview which was pretty easy with all the behavior oriented questions, then was called up for the on site interview in New York city.Had a set of 1:1 interviews in the second round which was more like going through the resume, your interests and so on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

Allied through college website. Invited for a trivia night on the eve of interview. It was a good opportunity to interact with interviewers in an informal setting. The interview was fairly easy with questions based on the resume and experience. The interview was for 45 minutes. I received very positive and encouraging feedback during interview however I was not invited to second round of interviews. The employees came off as warm and collaborative in nature. Only issue was that I was led to believe that I will be invited for second round but I did not get the offer. Take any on the spot feedback with a pinch of salt.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Syracuse, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

My interview was basically basic behavioral: Tell me about your self, experiences with the companies I worked with. They were specifically interested in a few projects due to their requirement in that domain. Lasted about 50 minutes and was called for second round at two different locations.

I guess they were interviewing for some specific projects.

Interview Questions

• What did work on at company ABC?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Well yet to interview in the second round

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was done very professionally. They were on top of everything and I was always kept in the loop. The hiring manager was always respectful and made things easier on me throughout the whole process. The interviewers were very positive and the questions were reasonable. They were behavioral questions that centered around team work, dealing with conflicts in teams, working with people, etc. There were also questions about what progress the interviewee is making toward their career goals right now.

Interview Questions

• When you bring up past experiences in order to answer their behavioral questions, they will ask you more details about the situation and how you handled it and problems you may have encountered. They get a little specific so know how to highlight the key points and remember things you accomplished so you don't get trapped.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't really given a chance to negotiate, but I was given the higher end on the salary scale (based on the salary band I have seen on this site)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Richmond, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

There was a pre-interview meet and greet with hors d'oeuvres that was really pleasant. It was nice to meet the person you'd be interviewing with in a more casual setting. My interview consisted of a conversation with someone who was enjoyable but knew little about the department I'd be working in and gave me little opportunity to showcase my true (and applicable) skills. I never received a reply from my thank-you and it took several weeks and an email in the middle of the night on a Saturday to inform me that I wasn't invited to further rounds. The process was certainly pleasant, but I don't feel I was given the adequate opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in October 2010.

Interview

Very Laid back interview. Talked about my sister and football for the most of the time. Typical behavioral interview including resume walk-through and teamwork expirience and I got invited to a office visit.