KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,714 Interview Reviews

2.9

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone screening followed by an in office interview with 2 people from financial services and 2 from corporate tax. Behavior based mixed with relevant experience. VERY laid back, no reason to panic...

Interview Questions

• "I am very interested in your experience with ___, tell me about that and how you got that internship."   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone interview with HR then followed with an on site interview to meet four managers/partners for about 2 hours. Behavior questions and technical questions were asked.

Tax Technology Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

The first round took over the phone call. A lot of questions, you cannot imagine how technical it could be. The second round was at Montvale, NJ. 2 interviews back to back with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a site faster if it takes time loading?   Answer Question

Audit Staff Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The first interview was with a Senior Manager on a college campus. The second interview was at the office and started in a conference room where a presentation was given by partners. The rest of the second round of interviews consisted of three separate interviews and then a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Mostly conversational with a few situational questions. Wanted to know how you work with groups and how much you stay organized. Make sure to know your resume   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I got in contact with a woman from the CT office and got in contact with the recruiter from the office I wanted to work with. She sent me the link to apply online and I got an email about 3 weeks later asking to come in for an hour long interview. Met with a parter and senior manager, 30 mins each. Got a call a few days later with an offer.

Team Member In Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, the outcome was that they will meet me in person in 1 week, never heard back from them since 6 months though they were amazed by my career achievements.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume questions like what did you did about a certain task or project that you handled.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

2 behavioral interviews on campus. Very laid back. Went through resume. Talked about previous experiences and education. Important to show them why you would be good fit on their team.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Go to the career fair and give your resume every chance you get, if they see your resume a lot when they organize their stack after the career fair then the assumption is that your very interested in KPMG and not just dropping resumes everywhere you can.

1st round on campus, very basic (strengths/weakness, SWOT questions...). Google "interview questions"and those will be the non personal questions. Also make sure you know your resume and be able to articulate what you did in your internship/club...

2nd round in office, very casual. Went to lunch with some seniors, then two 30 min interviews followed by HR presentation and dinner with partners, directors and managers. Very relaxed. Their goal is to get to know you and see if your someone who is enjoyable to work with. If you got this far the assumption is you know the technical skills, now you have to prove you have the soft skills. Be ready to have a lot of questions, and not standard ones like "what do you like about working here". Research the job and ask specific questions (eg. Could you tell me about a client experience that is representative of how normal interactions go when asking for client documentation?), then listen to the answer and pick something specific that they say and come up with a follow up question for it.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Big 4 does A LOT of market research. They know how much the other Big 4, other public accounting firms and industry salaries for comparable jobs. They will give you basically the same offer as the other Big 4 + - $1,000 (if that).

Tax Associate for M&A Group Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Found a mutual connection through my alma mater. The connection forwarded my resume to the Managing Partner. Then a phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview lasted about 30 mins. The Interview went well. Was told that I would be contacted to schedule the next step in the process. Never heard back. Followed up and was told that the group was going through some administrative changes, and they decided to postpone hiring indefinitely.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. Why KPMG? Why Tax?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied through school hiring website. The recruiters were very friendly and helped me relax before my interview with a partner. My interview consisted of me being asked one question and her rambling about about all the different tax services. I barely said anything after giving my first answer. I felt like the partner had made up her mind about me before I even stepped into the room.