KPMG Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.8

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was entirely too long; bounced around from various recruiters as people came and went from the firm. Two phone screens, an onsite visit, and another final phone screen. Salary was to be expected for the hiring.

Risk Advisory Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

First round phone interview. Pure technical about bonds duration convexity and options. The interviewers attitude is not very nice. The questions are mostly basic. However I was nervous and did not get all questions correct. The interviewer showed obvious impatience and kept interrupting me when I answer most of the questions.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview was with the Strategy Group. First Round was on Campus and was a 45 minutes mostly behavioral and a small case. 4 days later I was invited to Second Round and flew to their offices. Second round consisted of 2 back to back 45 minute interviews both half behavioral half case.

Interview Questions

• Calculate the total number of tires sold in the US per year   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

It is SAP GRC under the Advisory group. The first round interview was on campus with a director from another region even though I applied for the local office. The interview was 30-minute long. No technical or behavior question was asked. The conversation was smooth and nothing was unexpected. Just need to know the resume very well.

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in January 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward interview process. Apply at university, receive a notification e-mail on the status of your application, move forward to phone interview, then "inside look" program which will allow you to spend a day at KPMG, then receive final offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Overall a very smooth and easy process.

Applied through university and received a first round interview. There was a networking dinner the night before at a nearby restaurant, which was a great opportunity to meet employees and interviewers. The actual interview was super conversational. Met with a partner that was interested in getting to know me. Basically just went through my resume. A couple days later received an email inviting me for the second round Inside Look program at the office in New York City.

Inside Look was a great program. Night before we got taken out to dinner with a few other candidates and few employees to a really nice restaurant. Very casual and great way to meet people you would be working with. The next day there was a breakfast and reception followed by the two interviews. Both interviewers were very nice. Pretty standard behavioral questions and definitely interested in why you wanted to work at KPMG/ to see if you were a good fit. After the interviews we were taken to lunch with more candidates and employees. Definitely want to wine and dine you. Lastly there was a Q&A session. Everyone was so nice and seemed to really be enjoying their work at KPMG. Got offer about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry level position, not much room to negotiate

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was very easy they are not trying to ask technical questions. They want to get a feel for who you are and see if you are a good fit for their firm. They also "Wine & Dine" all of the interviewers, which is a nice change of pace from the other Big Four.

Advisory IARCS Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through my school and usually you interview on campus but I was looking at an office in another city so I was given a phone interview instead, which was not preferred. Interview was about 30 minutes and I spoke to a senior manager who had been with KPMG for a while. She was extremely friendly and made me feel very comfortable but I tripped on some of the questions, which was probably the reason why I was not invited back for final rounds. Also, advisory roles tend to be more competitive.

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was through campus. It was a general behavioral interview and the interviewer just wanted to know what your interest areas were. Got a call one week later for an Inside Office Look. The day before the actual interview we had a reception dinner at a very nice restaurant. Nice conversation with all the company officials. Next morning had 2 30 min back to back interviews with two directors. General questions, nothing technical or too difficult. Then it was followed by a presentation and ended with a lunch at a fancy restaurant. Nice experience. Be sure to be proactive during the interview process and very conversational during the reception.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were a leader.
      How did you handle multiple projects at a time?
      Can you tell me when did you work in a project and what role did you play?(Like a leader or etc)
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Low starting salary

Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

First was contacted by a national recruiter, then talked with regional director through the phone for 30 minutes, discussing the nature of the position and type of work. Then had an office visit for an hour during which interview was done with a manager and a director.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of ordinary. Mostly behavioral questions. Asked questions such as describe a time when you have to face difficulties during work and when you have to take leadership.   Answer Question