KPMG Auditor Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.5

94 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

I got this interview opportunity through campus career center. I had my first round interview with a Senior manager in KPMG Silicon Vally Office. The Monday after the first round interview, I got called by the interviewer and the HR manager and scheduled the second round two and half weeks after that. The second round consists of the pre-interview social, presentations from the firm, two team-building activities, two 1:1 interviews. First round interview was mainly about the resume, teamwork experience and time management. For second round, one of them focused on the resume, the other one focused on Behavioral questions. But in general, all the interviews are very very conversational.
    Got called same day evening to be extended this offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Was offered a first on-campus interview through campus recruiting with a KPMG campus recruiting manager. This first interview was only 30 minutes and strictly behavioral ("Tell me about a time when..."). Was asked a few questions in regards to my resume, wrapped up the interview and was told I would hear back within a week. The same night I received the email inviting me to their second round interviews, or "Inside Look Program." The Inside Look Program was a 2 day event, with the first night being a dinner and networking event at different restaurants in the city, and the second day being a full day at the Chicago office. Presentations, ice breaker activities, lunch, and two 45-minute one-on-one interviews comprised the second day. The interviews were with a Partner and a Senior Manager. My interview with the Senior Manager consisted of going over my resume for 10 minutes, and then her opening it up to my questions for the next 35 minutes. Interview with the Partner was straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you when you had to make an unfavorable decision and how did you go about executing the decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

While I didn't receive the an offer, the partner with which I interviewed was professional and amicable. After the review, he even provided feedback regarding what I should work to improve. I am continuing to pursue a career with KPMG, and hopefully, his feedback will be instrumental in my success.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult situation and worked with a group to tackle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

Started with an on campus interview, very laid back and conversational. Then at the office a couple of weeks later there were two interviews. One with a senior manager which was more of an interview with behavior based questions and one with a partner which was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern about going into public accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They are very helpful however.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

The first interview was at my university with a campus recruiter. It was a 30min conversation. Behavioral type of questions: Tell me about the situation when you did more than your team expected from you; tell me about how you had to say something unpleasant to your coworker or criticize him/her; how do you stay organized; Why did you decide on accounting program in this University; in a team do you prefer to be a leader or not; would you prefer to be a member of a winning team or a leader of losing team….
    Then there was an office visit/interview with a couple of presentations. The office visit included two 45min. interviews. Both interviews, with a partner and a manager, test your professional interest in accounting industry. interviewers asked about the previous internship experience, about my duties/responsibilities, how I helped to improve something, what I've learned, what kind of software I used.... It really helps to have some good questions to ask your interviewrs. I asked about some of the current industry trends and new developments ( I read about them beforehand)

Interview Questions

• What did you learn during your previous internship that could help you succeed in the future?   Answer Question
    • What sets our company apart from our competitors, besides our employees?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Hourly rate - not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

First met on campus with a senior manager who asked basic behavioral questions and wanted to make sure I could communicate. Next was invited into Philadelphia office for the Inside Look Program. This consisted of a panel discussion, office tour, and two interviews with a Partner and Audit Manager. These were the same type interviews that wanted to test to see if you could communicate in a professional environment. Everyone was very nice in the office. My advice would be to relax and be yourself and just answer the questions honestly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you were in a tough situation with a group project and how you dealt with it?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The first round interview was at the school career center, and after two days, the HR called and informed me of the second round interview, which was in New York.
    The second round interview was from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm and they had presentation, group projects, and a "speed recruiting" event.
    The people there were really really nice, and I really love talking with them.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in November 2010.

Interview

I applied to KPMG through the college career connection site, then was offered the first round of interview. The interview as with the recruiter from HR department and was mostly bahaviour. It was very casual and was more like a conversation than an interview. I've waited about a week and a half, then got called in for on-site interview. The visiting day at the office was wonderful. The interview was with the Audit Senior Manager. Once again, the interview was very casual and mostly behaviour. I waited about 2 weeks and got a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I had to deal with my weakness in a group setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was taken place at some big career forum which had been held for 3 days. I walked-in their booth and gave my resume. They told me to come back for an interview and I took it. It was 1:1 interview. I didn't make it to the next interview, but they would offer at least two more interviews during the career forum.