KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4,115 Interview Reviews

2.9

Discover KPMG Los Angeles Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews, one with a member of the tax practice, one with a recruiter. We stayed on track with the 30 minutes. Started with the interviewer introducing themselves and then moved on to a conversation with some interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What do you look for in an employer, what is your biggest weakness, explain a difficult situation and how you creatively handled it.   1 Answer

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online two months prior to the interview. I got an email a week before my interview to schedule my interview slot and invite me to the Pre-Interview Dinner, which was a day before the interview. The Pre-Interview Dinner was very casual, just getting to know professionals. I was seated with 4 other students and 2 professionals, which luckily were the campus recruiters. One of the campus recruiters I sat with was my interviewer. The interview was very conversational, mostly behavioral questions. Overall, very easy interview, just trying to get to know who you are.

Discover KPMG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasantville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Pleasantville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through career services at my school and heard back within a week or two. Then next step was an on campus interview and following the interview I heard back later the same week. There were two 30 minute interviews, one with a senior manager and one with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with an aggravated customer and how did you resolve the situation.   1 Answer
    • Elaborate on your leadership experiences. What were your duties?   1 Answer
    • How do you think your skills will help you in an audit internship?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview 20 mins early and chatted with greeters. I had 2 interviews with 2 different partners each interview was 30 mins long back to back.
    I was more nervous during the first interview because I didnt know what to expect the second interview was more laid back had a nice conversation with both. Questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with difficult people?   1 Answer
    • Why Accounting ?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to KPMG with my campus recruiter, and was then referred to the Chicago office. I flew up to the office and interviewed in March 2017. I began recruiting with KPMG in September 2015.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to tell someone a difficult decision.   2 Answers

Discover Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

On campus interview (two 30 minute back to back). First was with a partner second was with the director of recruiting. Both were very conversational. I was asked questions by the recruiter more so than the partner. Both were very friendly, professional, and you could tell they truly wanted to be there.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were a leader   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stillwater, OK) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on the university hiring website and then received an interview. I checked-in and was led to a waiting room with the other candidates. There was a representative in the room to chat with us and then I was called to begin the interview. It was laid back and very conversational. The recruiter was very personable.

Associate (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and got an interview about 10 days later. I had a 30 minute face-to-face interview with the manager, who told me more about the company and the role. She then asked me a little about my background, specific experiences, what I'm looking for, then allowed me to ask as many questions as I wanted. It was very quick and casual, but also professional and informative. I got offered the job later that day!

Interview Questions

• Just questions about my background experience and expectations   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Stamford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

There were two 30 minute interviews that were conducted back-to-back, the first interview was more conversational in nature to learn what my plans were for my education and career. The second interview consisted of behavior questions, but generally was conversational in nature, just not quite like the first one was. No technical questions were asked in either interview. Currently waiting on my offer,

Interview Questions

• What role do you typically take in a group?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

First round interviews were on campus but was invited for second round on site. Overall teh interviews felt like conversations and less pointed questions. Overall was a very enjoyable experience and the recruiters and interviews were very casual and focused on making sure you got comfortable and all your nerves out.