KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017
3,709 Interview Reviews

2.9

Evs Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I applied to the internship online and on my school's career website. Interview was only 30 minutes, had a briefing with new analysts/consults in my department in an informal Q/a type session.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Ignition Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round with a senior manager. Asked about machine learning concepts and relevant experience that i have. That got translated to an onsite where I was asked behavioral and database system related questions.

Interview Questions

• Machine Learning and Database questions   1 Answer

IT Advisory - Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Syracuse, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Process from campus events, application, interview to offer letter took about 1 month(3 days after interview I got the offer letter). Pre-interview dinner the night before. Designed to loosen you up and get you a little more comfortable but don't get too comfortable. The actual interview was very conversational and fun. They want to get to know the real you. 2 interviewers back to back. One of the best interview I ever had.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

My interview process began 10/10/16 and I received my offer 2/10/17. Overall my recruiter was great, she was very transparent and answered all of my questions. During my three phone interviews every single person was level headed and extremely easy to talk too. I was flown out to St. Louis to have a F2F with a Partner that I had previously interviewed with over the phone. At this stage it was more of a formality and the visit shifted into a "what do you want to know about KPMG (salary, benefits, etc.)?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Check the market. Talk to your recruiter about the range.

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in DeKalb, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (DeKalb, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

Pre-interview reception the night before was like a high-school kegger, Loud and crowded lots of shouting and struggling to hear what should have been normal conversation. The day of on-campus interviews the greeters were friendly and relaxing, told me "you know you're having a good interview if its just a conversation and not a lot of work questions." Then the interviewer proceeded to ask me a lot of work related questions. I felt I answered them fairly well but the interviewer's tone seemed to suggest that I would not be getting a second interview. When I poked my head into the greeter's room to say thanks the HR associate told me it was nice to have met me, despite my introducing myself to her the night before, which confirmed my feeling that I would not be getting a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How have your group projects at school gone? Tell me about a time you advocated for a customer. Tell me something you accomplished that you're proud of.   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

My interviewer spent 7 minutes talking about himself and then asked me to introduce myself.
    After that, he asked 4 random questions from a question list.
    All the questions were irrelevant to one another.
    In the final Q&A part, my interviewer was excited again, because he finally got a chance to talk about himself again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when your work was criticized.   Answer Question

People and Change Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online from a non-target school. KPMG doesn't recruit from many schools without finance or accounting programs, but if you have an interest in working in their consulting arm you should get in touch with an advisory recruiter. I had a brief phone screen before the start of fall recruitment. I was contacted for an in-office final round interview because the firm does not do round one's on my campus.

The final round consisted of two formal interviews with a manager and a director and one informal interview with a senior associate. After that I was taken to lunch with several associates, a couple of managers, and the other candidates. My understanding is that previously the firm's policy was to primarily focus on behavioral interviews in the final round but that has since changed. There were four cases, two fairly standard human capital cases, one ethical case and one excel case. The excel case was somewhat unique in that I was not asked to actually perform a task in excel, but rather to explain verbally how I would go about a task that was described to me. The interviewers were very helpful and clearly want you to succeed. Everyone was extremely friendly and loved talking about the firm. The luncheon was a great chance to hear more about everyday life and the community in P&C at KPMG. I received a call with an offer about a week later.

I would recommend familiarizing yourself with human capital concepts and excel, and networking within the department if you can. It isn't terribly large and everyone kind of knows everyone so being able to name-drop actually does go a long way. Behavioral questions are straightforward, be yourself and you'll do fine on those. The people are very down-to-earth and mostly want to see that you'll fit in and understand the type of work they do.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

IT Advisory Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in October 2016.

Interview

We did one round of two back-to-back interviews. One of the interviews was quite intimidating. Got asked technical questions. The next interview was very pleasant and very conversational. Overall process was efficient and pretty well-done, loved meeting the people. However, this has a negative review due to the fact that I never heard back after more than a month of continuously reaching out to recruiters. This has happened to multiple applicants as well.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      A time you were challenged/worked in a team/acted as a leader.
      Answer Question