KPMG Interview Questions in Kuala Lumpur | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 22, 2017

2.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in August 2017.

Interview

A total of 40 applicants for this batch. Was split in 4 groups. There are 3 parts to the interview, short essay writing, a group presentation as well as, 2 to 1 interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2017.

Interview

First, I took the Online assessment test. Got selected within 2 days, attended the Group Interview. The Group interview consists of writing an Essay, a 2 to 1 interview and group presentation on a random topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about IAS xx.
      What are your strength and weakness?
      Who is the top 2 candidates in group presentation?
      How do you overcome your weakness?
      Are you willing to work long hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Took awhile for HR to send an online assessment. Within few days interview invite for the next week. Three to one interview session, group case study, short essay.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, accounting theory, why KPMG, 5 year plan   Answer Question

Information Risk Management - Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Really bad experience! Following successful face to face interview, the director/partner wanted to meet me but the HR said they need my current payslip and assured me will give certain % increment rather than offering me a package that is suitable for the position which already had an allocated budget. I told them I can show my offer letter or promotion letter from current employer for verification purpose. They're keen on employing someone with skills but wouldn't offer the right package. Finding out a person current salary and increasing 10 or 15 percent from there is unethical. Never thought a world class audit firm has third class mentality/ mindset. Finally their HR informed that the director/partner said they won't move forward without me giving current payslip. The whole interview process was about my payslip rather than my skill sets, experience and how I can add value to their organization. Lost interest along the way. Even if they offered me the job, I wouldn't accept it!

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, tell me about yourself, and a lot of explanation on the job description.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

first and foremost , apply through the website portal and undertake the assessment test n quiz . later on, undergo a written examination to assess your writing strength and finally the phone interview where the interviewer will ask relevant questions regarding the position applied for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017 . After review your resume, the HR will call you to ask a few questions according to your resumes, if you pass the HR will give link for your online assessment. Then, if you pass you will be invited for an interview session. The session would be divided into 3 parts ( Group presentation, essay writing and a 2 to 1 interview)

Interview Questions

• The questions reflect on your situation such as they would ask about describing about yourself , strength and weaknesses and etc   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied thru a career fair, went for the interview in June, took us another 3 weeks plus to know the interview results.

Interview was completed in a day with about 40 candidates, divided into 3 parts, group presentation with group of 5, essay writing, 2 to 1 interview. Interviewers were friendly and they are more keen on knowing your background, no technical q was asked if you are a fresh grads.

Advice: show them that you understand the firm well, ready to speak a lot and be confident

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why audit, why kpmg
      tell me about a time when you had conflicts leading the team
      tell me about (activities that listed on your resume)   2 Answers

Vacation Trainee/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

Two weeks after I submitted my application and answered the numeracy test (both online), I received a call from KPMG. They asked me when I was free. After I told the officer about my availability, she scheduled the interview for me, leaving me ample time to prepare myself. When I arrived at the office for the interview, I was greeted by a HR officer. She sat me down in a room and explained the interview process for me. Then I was given 20 minutes to answer an essay test. After that, I was given about 5 minutes break before the hiring manager came to interview me. All the questions were behavioral. I actually spent time learning the company's background, history and values but there were no questions about those things. Both the HR officer and Manager were very nice, friendly and welcoming. I felt like I was just talking with interested listeners and sharing my experiences.

Interview Questions

• Essay: What was the major decision that you have made in your life?

Questions:
      - What have you learned in your extracurricular activities?
      -Have your opinions/ideas been rejected by your colleagues or friends before? How did you react to it?
      -Tell me about a situation where you have encountered a problem with your group members or colleagues? What actions did you take?

and a few others that I can't recall unfortunately   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

After review your resume, the HR will call you to ask a few questions according to your resumes, if you pass the HR will give link for your online assessment. Then, if you pass you will be invited to group iv. There are group presentation, essay writings and face to face iv with your own group panel.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any achievements would you like to share?
      No technical question but depend on your interviewer(group panel)
      Asking about education background   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with basic accounting test (double entry)
    Essay questions 3 choose 1 (general questions eg:ambition)
    Time allowed for the test is 1 hour
    Interview with hiring managers. Interviewers were friendly and shared many working experience.
    Whole interview took around 2.5 hours including test time.