KPMG Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

216 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I had a scheduled telephone interview with one of the Managers of the financial services - banking team. He is very accommodating and very patient. I was not able to fully showcase my skills during the Q&A so I was not able to proceed with the second round of interview but overall the experience is still positive.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview went in three stages: with HR manager, then with a manager, and later with a partner. The most difficult stage was with the partner, who kept asking me questions about Financial Accounting, where I have no basic skills, and was told that there is no requirement of basic skills of Accounting,

Interview Questions

• How do you account for depreciation? How do you depreciate an asset?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got feedback within two weeks to attend 4 stage interview process back to back in half a day face to face, no phone screen. Consisted of:
    - written assessment
    - technical competency
    - HR competency
    - HR recruiter (salary expectations, availability etc.)

If successful a final stage with director is held over telephone.

Strange that at last stage of F2F interviews, I was asked salary expectations and they began negotiating, I was told their upper limit was below my expectations and that there is a delayed start of 5 weeks due to background checks, but tried to sell the positives of KPMG. If there was a recruiter phone screen before the mammoth f2f then we would have saved everyone's time regarding salary expectations.

Offices very nice in The Wharf, professional front office, but a bit out of the way from city central.

Negative feedback that I wasn't technical enough was out of hand, as I was never asked any low level technical questions. Also I wanted to display some technical concepts using a board, I was told there is no board, instead of let's draw it out or get a board.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a failure, could be work or personal?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Extremely slow, inefficient, and inaccurate process, with very poor communication between the recruitment team and candidates.
    To organise the first interview, the recruitment team had to rearrange 3 times: they suggested the days and times, I offered my availability straightaway, and they forgot to confirm or cancel.
    In 2 cases I ended up calling the recruiter the day before of the planned interview to learn that the interview was not confirmed and none bothered to communicate this to me.
    It took 4+ weeks to arrange just the first interview.
    The first interview was very positive. Had a very good impression of the company and the person I met.
    I sent a feedback email to the recruitment team waiting to be called for the second interview, as I was told by the interviewee they would plan one ASAP.
    I waited again 2 weeks before following up, just to find out that the recruiter missed the positive feedback from the interviewee. The recruitment team called to apologise for their mistake, and to tell me that the position was already offered to someone else.
    Nevertheless, I was offered a second round of 2 interviews for a similar role, which took again another 2+ weeks to be organised.
    I have sent my feedback to the recruitment team straight away after the 2 interviews.
    And 10 days later, still no feedback from the recruitment team!
    And I have accepted another offer fro a more efficient company.

Interview Questions

• Very structured question. Tell me about a time... style questions.   Answer Question

Audit Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interview - 1 over the phone and 2 face to face interviews.

The first face to face interview was with a senior manager of the group I am applying for. Positive experience. More technical side of the job were asked. Competency based interview type. Feedback was received within 1 hour after the interview was completed.

Second face to face interview done with an audit director. Questions asked were mostly on soft skills. The conversation mostly about how busy it gets during the audit season (January-March is the usual period). The audit director is interested on how I will be able to manage working long hours while taking care of my child who is a pre-schooler.

The firm offered an assistant manager position instead of audit manager which I am applying for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have to deal with a difficult person in the audit.

How many staff did you managed in a typical engagement.

Key focus accounts in an audit of a hedge fund client. Risks and controls.

What do you think are the characteristics of a good audit manager.   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Talent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I received an email inviting me for an interview after submitting my CV online. There wasn't any contact from the recruitment team to tell me about the role or process, or any support ahead of or after the interview. Competency based interview at their offices in Canary Wharf and then a four week wait for feedback which was inaccurate - they rejected me based on others having talent experience and claimed my background was in generalist HR which isn't true.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through job board and shortlisted by the recruitment agency working for KPMG. 2 levels of face to face interview followed by a telephone HR interview.
    10 days between first and second level interview. Initial panel interview led by senior manager and second round by a director level

Interview Questions

• 10 minute presentation about a topic relevant to the current Financial services market during second level interview. Topic was given few weeks in advance   Answer Question
    • first level interview- competency based questions around how client issues were solved.   1 Answer

Graduate Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Numerical, Verbal and SJT - quite straightforward, nothing to catch you out on
    3. LaunchPad Day
    Started off with a group exercise, then went on to lunch, then had the individual written exercise (asked to write a report on a company - was quite time constricted so make sure you only write down what is necessary), then went to have a Q&A with graduate trainees (all were very helpful and from different departments). Lastly had the interview. Interviewer was lovely and made me feel extremely comfortable. Only lasts 20 minutes, have a sign coming round to signal when there are 5 mins remaining

Interview Questions

• Why KPMG?
      Why Tax?
      Three questions - competency or situational e.g. tell me a time when you've felt under pressure   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Only disappointing aspect of the process was the length of time between interviews. Whole process covered a 6 month period. 3 face to face interviews, all focusing on key competency questions. Interviewers were very easy to talk too and informative about the role/company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move into consulting?   2 Answers

Sales & Marketing Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There were a few stages of the application. I made it to the final stage which was an assessment day. We were first put into groups for group exercises and assessors would come round at each stage. We had to come up with an idea for an app to help young people save money. Then there was a written task which I found quite hard. There was a networking opportunity to ask questions and finally a one on one interview.