KPMG Interview Questions in Manchester, England | Glassdoor

3.1

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephone call from internal recruiter once submitted CV. Impressed with this stage and was given a good range of materials to help me prepare for a telephone screening. Telephone screening was not good - although I answered the questions as well as I could interviewer did not use probing questions but just kept repeating 'Anything else?' until I had nothing more to say. Interviewer also couldn't answer the questions I had for her. They haven't got back to me me in over a week.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself motivated during routine tasks?   1 Answer

KICC Competition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Digital submission, which is introduced by KPMG as a very new application stage. Candidates are requested to record 90 seconds' audio to answer two questions provided. Quite flexible and you will e able to get well prepared before submitting the audio recorded. One question is related to competency, the other one is about motivation. Quite typical interview format, instead it runs in audio submission this year.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Assessment Centre was conducted well but other aspects of the application process were not good enough. Overall the process took more than six months from start to finish which is far too long. After my final interview I didn't even get told what the outcome was until I contacted them myself. This is not a good way to treat applicants and I could not advise others to make an application to KPMG as the entire process was very drawn out and the feedback given after interviews was very poor. The company should be more considerate towards applicants who have spent a lot of time and effort on the process.

Interview Questions

• Why work for a Big Four firm and not an investment bank?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Application process (cv and cover letter) , phone interview and finally face to face interview (with presentation) which lasted about 1 hour. Everybody that I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend to others

Interview Questions

• Competency questions, Questions about knowledge of company and role etc and questions about previous and current jobs   Answer Question

Tax Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Simple application form followed by a phone interview and then assessment centre. Phone interview is difficult if you don't prepare but you should be able to find all the questions online. assessment centre was not too bad but you need to make sure you can read through the material given quite quickly and write a clear report.

Spring Insight Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Sent application through company's website. After completing the Situational Judgement Test, I was invited to a phone interview, lasting around 15 minutes. That contains the usual competency questions. After a few more weeks, was invited to an Assessment day, where I completed a task/case study on a laptop. This lasted around 1 hour.

Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

You have complete a fairly straightforward online application. Then you are invited to take a situational judgement test. Upon passing this you have a telephone inter view, then get invited to an assessment centre. My assessment centre was fairly straight forward it was half a day and consisted of a written exercise then an e-tray exercise.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a competitor which is struggling and how could they improve their business practices?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

Got through to telephone interview stage - read the email they send you with the points that they tell you to prepare for. Basically follows the exact format but ask you some questions in the context of a business.

Read up on 1 or 2 organisations as they ask you to talk about them and challenges.

Advanced to assessment centre

Interview Questions

• Name a business that s doing well and tell me three things which is essential to their success.   1 Answer

Gap Year Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2011.

Interview

One interview with a manager within my service line. Competency based interview and questions about why the firm/why the division. Fairly friendly interviewer. However there was a lack of communication within the firm as I applied for "Risk Consulting" without knowing the exact service line (Forensic) - in the interview I was asked why Forensic but didn't even know I was going into Forensic!

Interview Questions

• What do you think you'll be doing on a day to day basis   Answer Question

Public Sector Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Manchester, England (UK)) in September 2009.

Interview

There was a personality test on the application form, and from that test they decided which competencies to interview you on. They tell you these competencies in advance of the interview to allow you to prepare. The competencies are:
    Business Focus
    Building Relationships
    Leadership
    Problem Solving
    Drive and Resilience
    Career Motivation
    Making an Impact
    Task Management

They chose to interview me on five of these competencies.
    I wasn't made an offer but I did receive detailed feedback about areas for improvement.

Interview Questions

• Do you know any of our clients in the area to which you have applied?   1 Answer