KPMG Interview Questions in Montvale, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was cool, very relaxed, friendly IT team of 2 people. First, they gave me a pre-prepared list of t-sql questions on a paper and asked me to reason my answers, some were queries, some were concerning indexes. It was not a multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• what sources have you sourced from in Sql Server Integration Services? How do you connect to Oracle in SSIS ?   Answer Question

Tax Technology Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

The first round took over the phone call. A lot of questions, you cannot imagine how technical it could be. The second round was at Montvale, NJ. 2 interviews back to back with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a site faster if it takes time loading?   Answer Question

Technology Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

first round was a telephonic interview, completely based on your resume with basic concepts of oops. Second round was a on site interview with 2 interviewers for 30 mins each. the interviewers didn't make me comfortable at all. They kept on bombarding with question over question.They didn't even bother getting copy of my resume. i had to hand them my own copies.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a sql code with 500 lines of code. if it returns you 15 records instead of 5 records.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Ignition Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round with a senior manager. Asked about machine learning concepts and relevant experience that i have. That got translated to an onsite where I was asked behavioral and database system related questions.

Interview Questions

• Machine Learning and Database questions   1 Answer

Tax Technology Transformation Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through College Career Site, Had a Phone Interview which was a Technical round and then On Site Interview with two back to back 30 minutes Interview in Montvale New Jersey

Interview Questions

• Why is the lid of a manhole round?   1 Answer

Human Resources Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

Was referred by a mutual colleague. Brief phone screen. Denied position, but then was shortly brought in for an in person interview for a "lower level" position they are opening. I interviewed with 3 people which I think went well, but after realizing during 4Q you're working 80+ hour weeks, no, I can't do that. On salary. Just no. I never sent a thank you correspondence because I knew I would not be a good fit

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

I was already an employee of KPMG, and I was considered for a transfer to the Tax Technology Practice. I interviewed with the managers of the different subdivisions of the Practice, and each measured where I would be a good fit. After the completion of the process, the Heads of the Practice took me to lunch and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They measured my proficiency in the various technologies of the time, and asked me if I would be able to work under pressure, and meet the demands that required to develop their custom internal applications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were given me the opportunity of my lifetime, plus the ability to get to continue my education.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

Entire process took 2 months! I applied for the technology associate position via University career portal online. First had a phone interview with a Director, who asked me technical questions based on my resume. Got a call for on site interview after a week. Interviewed with two Directors onsite for a total of one hour. Entirely resume based and conversational. Very friendly and chilled out interviewers. Be thorough with every line written on your resume, as they will delve into the details. A week later, got a mail requesting another interview with the Director in Denver, as they believed my skills were better aligned with the position there. After a Skype interview with the Director, got a mail requesting two more interviews with team in Denver. Both were resume based again and very technical. All the interviews went very well, but they rejected me after the lengthy process. HR/Interviewers never responded about the reason for reject.

Summer Interview

Application

Interview

There were 2 back to back interviews, both of which were 30 minutes, and I talked with the people in charge of KPMG's community projects. They were both very friendly, and the tone of the conversation was very conversational. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral and based on my resume. They were very open; at one point they even talked about their family members and personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a boss and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, got a call within a few weeks to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was mostly behavioral, and then got set up for an onsite interview a week or so later.