KPMG Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

315 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Three stages of interview: Group interview (presentation on case study given, and Q&A session later on), essay writing (3 choose 1) and 2 to 1 interview. The people are friendly.

Interview Questions

• Problem solving and experience, no technical questions.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

3 phone interviews-
    One with a recruiter in South Africa
    One with an HR employee in New York
    One with a Data Scientist in Los Angeles
    The interview with the Data Scientist was a technical interview. There were questions about NLP, machine learning algorithms, optimizing sql an query.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with a data set that has 500 features?   1 Answer

SQL Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

It was cool, very relaxed, friendly IT team of 2 people. First, they gave me a pre-prepared list of t-sql questions on a paper and asked me to reason my answers, some were queries, some were concerning indexes. It was not a multiple choice.

Interview Questions

• what sources have you sourced from in Sql Server Integration Services? How do you connect to Oracle in SSIS ?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, interviewed at my college campus. I was offered the internship after attending their leadership program. I only had one official interview before I received an interview. But they try to spend a lot of time with you to get to know you first.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your strengths. What are some reasons that you are more qualified than other aplicants? Describe a time when you were in a leadership position and had to make a difficult choice, would you make the same choice over again?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone then round of interviews
    Asked a range of questions mainly around client relationship
    Meet with hiring partner and a few of their team members to determine culture fit

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult client   1 Answer

Discover KPMG Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasantville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Pleasantville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online through career services at my school and heard back within a week or two. Then next step was an on campus interview and following the interview I heard back later the same week. There were two 30 minute interviews, one with a senior manager and one with a partner.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you had to deal with an aggravated customer and how did you resolve the situation.   1 Answer
    • Elaborate on your leadership experiences. What were your duties?   1 Answer
    • How do you think your skills will help you in an audit internship?   1 Answer

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Went to the interview 20 mins early and chatted with greeters. I had 2 interviews with 2 different partners each interview was 30 mins long back to back.
    I was more nervous during the first interview because I didnt know what to expect the second interview was more laid back had a nice conversation with both. Questions were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with difficult people?   1 Answer
    • Why Accounting ?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Melville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

My teacher selected me for a roundtable discussion with recruiters from the firm. I was unable to attend so I talked on the phone with a partner of the firm for about a half hour. After that I was informed that I moved on to the next round of interviews. This was held at the office on Melville where I talked to current employees and then sat down for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some good and bad qualities of leaders?
      Q: How did mentors impact your life?
      Q: Has there been a time when you were a mentor to someone?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, then on site. I was interviewed by 4 people, 2 managers, 1 senior manager, and 1 partner. The interview process is okay, but they did ask some challenge questions. I also had lunch with two managers and know more about the company.

Interview Questions

• can you describe one challenge thing happen at work?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR was completely unprofessional. Was booked for a super day where the interviewers never showed up. Eventually had three generic interviews from consultants outside of my subject matter expertise.

Eventually got an offer, but salary package was not in line. Waste of time. What is the point of HR?

Felt like I took a time machine 15 years ago.....

Interview Questions

• No case study questions. Just general questions on past work experience. One fluffy question on improving revenue.   1 Answer