KPMG Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.8

IT Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

KPMG has a professional organized interview process. The internal recruiter outlined the entire interview process to me over the phone and confirmed everything with me before to my phone and onsite interviews. My phone interview was a 30 minute discussion with the hiring manager. My onsite interview was with the hiring manager and another manager in the IT organization.

Interview Questions

• They did not ask me any unexpected questions. We discussed real world scenarios that I would be dealing with with my day to day job responsibilities.   Answer Question

Regulatory Enforcement & Compliance Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by an employee and was invited for an office visit right away. Interviewed with 2 Directors and interacted with several other associates and senior associates. Interviews were behavioral and they really just wanted to know about me. Fit is big for them. The practice took us out to lunch afterwards and it was an overall very positive experience. Only reason I declined the offer was because I got another offer that was better for me personally. But I would recommend KPMG to anyone.

Tax Technology Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

The first round took over the phone call. A lot of questions, you cannot imagine how technical it could be. The second round was at Montvale, NJ. 2 interviews back to back with 2 different managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you make a site faster if it takes time loading?   Answer Question

Team Member In Human Resources Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, the outcome was that they will meet me in person in 1 week, never heard back from them since 6 months though they were amazed by my career achievements.

Interview Questions

• Typical resume questions like what did you did about a certain task or project that you handled.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Made it through first round where it was just a one-on-one interview with a Senior Manager. Second round involved an office visit with flight and hotel paid for. We had a dinner the night before. The second day had a presentation, four 30-minute interviews back-to-back, then dinner with associates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Walk me through your resume. Very conversational from there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation on salary.

Summer EVS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online through my school's career center where the interview also took place. Interviews were extremely laid back and conversational. They go through your resume and simply have you explain your past/current experience and involvement.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with a team member who didn't contribute? How to you deal with the situation?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply through campus, network with recruiters and reps as much as possible. Stand out! Attend all events, be yourself. Interview strictly on interpersonal skills. Know the context, content and result of everything on resume. Attend inside look event and get to meet professionals. Will be given many opportunities to network early.

Technology Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

first round was a telephonic interview, completely based on your resume with basic concepts of oops. Second round was a on site interview with 2 interviewers for 30 mins each. the interviewers didn't make me comfortable at all. They kept on bombarding with question over question.They didn't even bother getting copy of my resume. i had to hand them my own copies.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a sql code with 500 lines of code. if it returns you 15 records instead of 5 records.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Ignition Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

There was a phone round with a senior manager. Asked about machine learning concepts and relevant experience that i have. That got translated to an onsite where I was asked behavioral and database system related questions.

Interview Questions

• Machine Learning and Database questions   1 Answer

M&A Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I interviewed in the fall of 2016 through a school recruiting program. There were two rounds of interviews. The first was with a partner only and lasted 30 minutes. The second involved separate interviews with 3 different people, lasting 30 minutes each, and a lunch with two others.

Interview Questions

• Why M&A? Why an accounting firm instead of a law firm? Describe time you had a conflict with a team member.   Answer Question