KPMG Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.8

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

This was the first interview on campus. It was all mostly behavioral questions, and it went well. At the end, i expressed my interest in joining KPMG, and what field I was interested in. Best advice- Just be yourself. Got a 2nd interview coming up.

Interview Questions

• Name a time your employer gave you constructive criticism, and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

It was relaxed, interviewer was very friendly. They asked behavioral questions and also asked if I had any questions. They were mainly just trying to see how you handled yourself and if you are someone they can see if you be a good fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working in a group and what kind of role did you take?   Answer Question

Deal Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter on campus. Was invited to a superday shortly after. I spoke with a partner on the phone before the superday. He asked me a few questions about myself, but mostly spoke of the practice and the types of people that they hire. Superday was slightly technical but mostly behavioral. Great group of people. Extremely nice and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What did you do with your previous offer?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and connected with a firm recruiter on LinkedIn. I was called by a Recruiter shortly thereafter who conducted an interview by phone. A month or so later I was scheduled for an interview. I interviewed with two Principals, one Managing Director and one Senior Manager. Most conversations involved need and required STAR responses. I found most of the practice leadership to be welcoming. They were looking for candidates that would best "fit" the practice which was growing.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (Hoboken, NJ).

Interview

I had four interviews total, including the HR phone screen. Two were 2-3 hour panels that required me to travel on-site, about an hour away. In one, I couldn't get a word in, and the interviewer insulted someone else who was on the panel and who was also her direct report. After all that, no follow-up. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

KPMG Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Associate Director, Hire Recruiting

Sorry about your negative experience during the interview process. Candidate care is very important to us and it is unacceptable that your recruiter did not follow up with you.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ).

Interview

I was already an employee of KPMG, and I was considered for a transfer to the Tax Technology Practice. I interviewed with the managers of the different subdivisions of the Practice, and each measured where I would be a good fit. After the completion of the process, the Heads of the Practice took me to lunch and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• They measured my proficiency in the various technologies of the time, and asked me if I would be able to work under pressure, and meet the demands that required to develop their custom internal applications.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were given me the opportunity of my lifetime, plus the ability to get to continue my education.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Process was pretty basic in all. I interviewed once with a Managing Director and a Director but the job was put on hold for a few months. When the job was reopened I interviewed with a few Partners in the same day nothing too difficult just questions about my background and some behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to manage a difficult employee   Answer Question

Money was too low

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

My first KPMG encounter was 2 years ago when I applied for a position. I received initial email contact from a recruiter to set up a phone screen. I completed the phone screen and then never heard from the recruiter again, with my follow up emails being ignored.

Flash forward and I recently applied for an Associate role, a little gun-shy after what I deemed to be a negative encounter 2 years earlier (it really does not take much to send a courtesy email to close the loop and I can't view a lack of response to several emails as anything other than rude). But KPMG generally has a good (some might say, a great) reputation as an employer, so I decided to try again.

I went through the same initial contact/phone screen process and this time, secured an in-person interview. The process, with 3 different points of contact before the in-person interview, seems a bit all over the place, but I will chalk that up to KPMG being a massive organization with more complex procedures than some/most. My in-person interview ended up being quite bizarre as I was brought into a public space, which felt entirely inappropriate for what was not a casual conversation, but a formal interview, with a serious tone and behavioral questions to boot. It was utterly distracting to have noise, people eating lunch a few tables away, others walking by and crumbs and dirt on the table at which we sat.

Following this interview, I again find myself back where I was 2 years ago, with my email communication to the recruiter being ignored, despite being assured in advance that their role was to advocate on my behalf.

All around a wholly unpleasant candidate experience on both counts and an experience which leaves me with a negative opinion of the organization.

Interview Questions

KPMG Response

Sep 1, 2016 – Associate Director, Hire Recruiting

I am sorry you had a negative experience with the recruiter and the hiring team. As I mentioned in a previous post candidate care if very important to us. Please let me know if I can do anything to ... More

Manager Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Jersey City, NJ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy process. Recruiter was very professional and informative. Interested in my background and fit with organization. Expecting to hear more about the opportunity over the next couple of weeks. Nothing currently available to bring me on board. Over the next few months business is expected to increase.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

it was over the phone I was aboard and they wanted me to fly to us to get interviewed which sound unreasonable for me so I told them I went fly just to make an interview. they told me it's very competitive market it was for due diligence. the recruiter at first was very nice and charming but in the end, she disappointed me a lot because she closed me this opportunity. what can I say? maybe I did have the right culture for this because I am more of telling people what I think on their face and many Americans are not like this. I tried afterward to apply independently but I couldn't probably because they have records that I wasn't accepted in another channel.