KPMG Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

337 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Melville, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

My teacher selected me for a roundtable discussion with recruiters from the firm. I was unable to attend so I talked on the phone with a partner of the firm for about a half hour. After that I was informed that I moved on to the next round of interviews. This was held at the office on Melville where I talked to current employees and then sat down for my interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are some good and bad qualities of leaders?
      Q: How did mentors impact your life?
      Q: Has there been a time when you were a mentor to someone?   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first, then on site. I was interviewed by 4 people, 2 managers, 1 senior manager, and 1 partner. The interview process is okay, but they did ask some challenge questions. I also had lunch with two managers and know more about the company.

Interview Questions

• can you describe one challenge thing happen at work?   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR was completely unprofessional. Was booked for a super day where the interviewers never showed up. Eventually had three generic interviews from consultants outside of my subject matter expertise.

Eventually got an offer, but salary package was not in line. Waste of time. What is the point of HR?

Felt like I took a time machine 15 years ago.....

Interview Questions

• No case study questions. Just general questions on past work experience. One fluffy question on improving revenue.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied thru on-campus recruiting, then interviewed one time, received internship offer before attending leadership program. I was interviewed first by a partner who just wanted to get to know me, then I had my resume lightly grilled by another partner. Interview was easy and the partners were very easy going and interested in me.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It is an easy-going interview. The usual questions you would normally prepare are asked. Name strength/weakness. Talk about a time you worked in a team and/or were a leader. It was like a casual conversation as well. Very comfortable and non-stressful.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

2 Back to back half hour interviews. One with a senior manager and one with an HR representative. A lot of behavioral questions as opposed to technical accounting questions. Heard back within a few weeks after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Mainly asked behavioral questions and about previous experiences. Know your resume like the back of your hand.   1 Answer

Manager, Marketing Strategies and Programs Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume via the online system. HR emailed me a few days later to set up a phone screen. The phone screen was a general conversation about my professional background and experience, why I wanted to work at KPMG, what I would offer that is different than the rest of the applicants. HR was very open about her interest in moving me along the process and proceeded to tell me about the benefits and the firm offered. I was subsequently contacted to schedule an in person with the hiring manager. We talked about the department and the group that I would be supporting, as well as some of the projects I would be assigned. At the end she suggested that I would have to meet with a few more people before a decision was made and instructed me to reach out to her so they could be in touch. (I took that to mean, I should definitely send a thank you note to move ahead.) After a few weeks, I reached out to my recruiting contact to check in on the role and was ultimately told I would be contactes to set up the next round. The next two rounds were similar. I had to check in with recruiting or she checked in with me. The whole process took about three months, but I did receive an email and then a phone call (within minutes of each other), extending me the offer of employment.

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I got two phone interviews and one on-site. Took about 3 weeks for the whole process. Only few behavior questions, most technical questions at on-site interview. Generally a good experience.

Interview Questions

• interest rate, differentiation problems(math) and linear regression   Answer Question

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

The recruitment team was very informative and the initial screening was rapid. I interviewed with 2 recruiters via phone, a team member via Skype and the hiring manager via phone and in-person. The process was a bit exhausting and time consuming for the number of interviews. I understand KPMG wants to ensure the candidate is the right fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would mentor a staff member(s).   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted via email by a recruiter within maybe less than a week of applying for the position online. After a very brief phone with the recruiter (asked about compensation, a little bit about resume) I received an invitation two days later to interview. Interviewed with coordinator, then quality control lead. Was later called back to interview with the manager. Looking for someone with good customer service skills. Note: Salary listed online is for the role of Senior Administrative Assistant and is higher for that for this Administrative Assistant.

Interview Questions

• Typical Interview Questions: Have you ever had to deal with bullying, Was there a time where you had to share best practices, Tell me a little bit about your current position, How do you handle multiple urgent tasks at the same time, have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer...expect a few technical questions about how to perform a task in Word or what to look for when formatting a document.   2 Answers

See What KPMG Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Executive in New York, NY

Pros: “The framework is there for KPMG to be a good company for which to work. -There are many ways to get engaged at the company, from diversity programs, to literacy, to running clubs. Tons...”“The framework is there for KPMG to be a good company for which to work. -There are many ways to get engaged at the company, from diversity programs, to literacy, to running clubs. Tons of way to get involved. - Tends to be very well-mannered. You won't hear the "f-bomb" too often - Pays well (Full disclosure -- I entered at the executive level) - Benefits are fine (but I have always worked for a large company so I would say they are on par for large companies) - offices are ok - there are some new ones being built, but the old one are ok too -- just a little boring looking” – Full Review