KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter during Meet the Firms and got an in-office interview in for the SF office.
    During the interview, interviewed with 1 senior manager and 1 partner for 30 minutes each. I thought the interviews went very well. All questions were standard behavioral questions about teamwork and dealing with stressful situations. Got rejection email 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

As an experienced hire, I was surprised by the difficulty Partners in a multi-disciplined firm had "connecting the operational dots" of life science and healthcare strategy. I interviewed directly with the senior or hiring Partner on the telephone. Having to meet multiple Partners throughout the process takes a lot of time to schedule and 50% are as they are driving or at the airport. It's critical to know the single value only you can bring to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Campus recruiting reached out to me. I interviewed with the managers from the Tax and Audit Department. Overall good experience, definitely showed genuine interest in getting to know you.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Simple - basic background question eg education, previous work history - have u led a team before, previous clients - industry, challenges, strength and weaknesses, to be honest interviewer spent more time talking about themselves and their experience

Interview Questions

• Personal Strength and Weaknesses   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through OCR took a week to hear back then second round interview for final results. Behavioral based interview just be yourself and be confident. Make sure to look up the best 30 questions the BIG 4 ask to prep.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Very behavioral based questions   1 Answer

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview that lasted 1 hour (30 minutes with an audit manager and 30 minutes with a tax manager). I was the last one to interview so I could understand the interviewers were tired, but it seemed as though they didn't really listen to what I had to say. This was my very first job interview so I was disappointed with how it turned out.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having multiple projects assigned to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone who is difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and did initial screening for a Specialist role in Cyber Security Transformation team. It was followed by 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview of 30 minutes with two directors. HR emailed me same day about the feedback from onsite interviews and called me next day to discuss offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was not a step up from what I was already making.