KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Oct 26, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and did initial screening for a Specialist role in Cyber Security Transformation team. It was followed by 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview of 30 minutes with two directors. HR emailed me same day about the feedback from onsite interviews and called me next day to discuss offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was not a step up from what I was already making.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially applied online through my university. I was contacted for a phone interview with a manager. We talked about my resume for a bit and he described KPMG's advisory services. He was very kind and emailed me extra material (brochures and videos) because we ran out of time at the end of the interview. Round 2 was an on-site. It was 3 interviews, each with a different member of the firm. After that two associates took me and the other candidates to lunch.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was 2 interviews. First interview was one on one with a manager. Second interview was a super day at their campus, an all day interview. Then a few days later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with 2 seniors at KPMG (1 partner, 1 senior manager). The interview was very casual, and you can tell that they were more focused on getting to know you better as a person. They went through my resume and asked me to elaborate on one or two things things that I was the most passionate about. No tricky questions, and they really encourage you to ask them questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one thing you learnt from (certain position) that you can apply to our program?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit.

During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable.

Did not get any feedback after.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through campus recruiting. The process took about 3 weeks. Both of my interviewers were at the San Francisco office. It was very casual. My interviewer just really wants to get to know more about me, my school/work experiences and my passion for tax. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes. A senior manager interviewed me for the first round. The recruiter called me a week later to let me know I had been selected for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round interviews, a partner and a senior manager interviewed me. The partner called me 2 days after to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Why KPMG?
      3. Why Tax ? Did you always know you want to work in Tax or is it something you discover along the way?
      4. Give me an example when you have to deal with conflict ?
      5. What is the one thing that you are most proud of ?
      Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were brief (20-30 minute) interviews with about 6 people. Some were associates, some managers. In some cases there were two people asking questions. The process ended with a lunch with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some "why tax/accounting?" questions.   1 Answer