KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.9

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter during Meet the Firms and got an in-office interview in for the SF office.
    During the interview, interviewed with 1 senior manager and 1 partner for 30 minutes each. I thought the interviews went very well. All questions were standard behavioral questions about teamwork and dealing with stressful situations. Got rejection email 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

As an experienced hire, I was surprised by the difficulty Partners in a multi-disciplined firm had "connecting the operational dots" of life science and healthcare strategy. I interviewed directly with the senior or hiring Partner on the telephone. Having to meet multiple Partners throughout the process takes a lot of time to schedule and 50% are as they are driving or at the airport. It's critical to know the single value only you can bring to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Campus recruiting reached out to me. I interviewed with the managers from the Tax and Audit Department. Overall good experience, definitely showed genuine interest in getting to know you.

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very chill and was almost like a conversation. Basically just asked about things on my resume and gave me a lot of time to ask questions about the firm.

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

On-campus interview that lasted 1 hour (30 minutes with an audit manager and 30 minutes with a tax manager). I was the last one to interview so I could understand the interviewers were tired, but it seemed as though they didn't really listen to what I had to say. This was my very first job interview so I was disappointed with how it turned out.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with having multiple projects assigned to you?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle someone who is difficult to work with?   Answer Question

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had 2 rounds of in person interviews. Was told I would get an offer but then after months of waiting was told it wasn't going to happen.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit.

During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable.

Did not get any feedback after.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website first, attached my resume, cover letter and transcripts. I then created an account on KPMG's website and applied there for the same position. Got an interview invite within a week. The interview was at KPMG office and it took half an hour. We talked through my resume and experience; there was not any behavior questions. Fairly easy.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Before the interview there was a pre interview social for us to talk to our interviewers. The interview was standard and normal. The interview went through my resume and asked questions related to what I have on the resume. He also asked some common behavior questions like tell me time when you dealt with a difficult person on the team, etc.