KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Feb 24, 2017

Associate Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Two people interviewed me. About half hour each. It just likes conversation between us. But the second interviewer is a recruiter, she asked me some questions that I have difficulty to answer. I felt not comfortable. But I like their office at San Francisco. It was big. But I applied for the audit associate, I don't think i would spend more time in the office if I am hire. Just like the senior manager said, I don't even go to this office, I spent all the time at client's site.

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had 2 rounds of in person interviews. Was told I would get an offer but then after months of waiting was told it wasn't going to happen.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit.

During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable.

Did not get any feedback after.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website first, attached my resume, cover letter and transcripts. I then created an account on KPMG's website and applied there for the same position. Got an interview invite within a week. The interview was at KPMG office and it took half an hour. We talked through my resume and experience; there was not any behavior questions. Fairly easy.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Before the interview there was a pre interview social for us to talk to our interviewers. The interview was standard and normal. The interview went through my resume and asked questions related to what I have on the resume. He also asked some common behavior questions like tell me time when you dealt with a difficult person on the team, etc.

Audit Interview

Application

Interview

The first round interview was in-person. It did not go well. The office was locked with no one watching the door. I was told I would be greeted when I arrived but there was no one was there. There was a woman standing in the middle of the office, who I could see behind the glass doors. I waved to her and she didn't bother to open the doors for me. When I got inside the office I asked her if she was my greeter. She was exceptionally rude to me and didn't assist me at all.

Once I finally met my interviewer I believe I answered his questions quite well. However, he didn't like my answers and he repeated his questions to me. They were all very vague, open-ended behavioral questions about how I work in a team. At one point he mentioned community service and I used it as a segway to show my research of the firm. I asked him if he had any involvement in a community outreach program specific to KPMG (and prominently displayed on the company's homepage). He immediately said, "No. Have you?" That was puzzling. He obviously had no idea what I was talking about.

My "host" for the day did nothing in the way of prepping me for my interview process or sharing anything of merit with me about the company. She spent a good amount of time complaining to me about how she doesn't get to see her family for Thanksgiving. It was awkward although I maintained a high level of professionalism all around.

KPMG is a big name firm but that experience was very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with difficult people and how you were able to make the situation work.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

it's a screen phone call. We scheduled a time and the interviewer confirmed several essential information with me such as when I graduated, have I got the CPA license. Then asked my experience based on my resume. describe my current work. Why I want to leave and when I'm available to work, do I need a sponsorship in the future.

IARCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward: First round interview on campus with executive director. 2nd round interview was in-house at the office. There were three back to back thirty minute interview: 1 with partner, senior manager, and manager. Overall, interview process was very cordial.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The first round of interview was with the audit manager for 30 minutes. After answering the "tell me about yourself", I was asked behavioral interview questions. There were no technical accounting questions that were asked. Make sure to have specific examples when answering behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you worked under pressure. Why did you choose audit? Will you have a car to travel to client sites?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was OK but I was trying to recruit the LA office while I am at SF so there seemed not much chance. The interviewer traveled to interview us who looked tired. Asked about VISA status, and some normal questions. Generally very easy questions, but then I think they already made their decision before you walked in...your resume and whether you were selected by other firms too....

Interview Questions

• What's a circumstance you are feeling difficult to work with your team and how do you solve it?   Answer Question