KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

1, application through school career website and official website of KPMG (silicon valley office GMS team)
    2, interview in SF office. two round, 30 minutes each.
    3, one is with manager, one is with senior manager, both from GMS team of KPMG silicon valley office

Director of Strategic Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple interview process that lead nowhere. After the interview with a hiring manager got a VERY POSITIVE feedback. However, after multiple follow ups - no response at all. Has been 8 weeks, and I hear that this is normal for how KPMG hires. Well, too bad - I am off the market now, with speed like this they will be missing on a lot of talent.

Interview Questions

• How would you develop the partner ecosystem?   1 Answer
    • How would you position working with partnerships internally to executives?   Answer Question

Audit Winter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met the recruiter during Meet the Firms and got an in-office interview in for the SF office.
    During the interview, interviewed with 1 senior manager and 1 partner for 30 minutes each. I thought the interviews went very well. All questions were standard behavioral questions about teamwork and dealing with stressful situations. Got rejection email 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were criticized and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

As an experienced hire, I was surprised by the difficulty Partners in a multi-disciplined firm had "connecting the operational dots" of life science and healthcare strategy. I interviewed directly with the senior or hiring Partner on the telephone. Having to meet multiple Partners throughout the process takes a lot of time to schedule and 50% are as they are driving or at the airport. It's critical to know the single value only you can bring to the organization.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I had three interviews. Two over the phone with principal level data scientists. Then one in-person with one of the principals and another senior data scientist. I had to do a presentation during the in-person interview. I was told the interviews are designed to be tough.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions about my presentation such as why didn't you use varying other techniques.   Answer Question
    • How would you code a given problem using R or Python?   Answer Question
    • What machine learning techniques would you use to model a given problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Campus recruiting reached out to me. I interviewed with the managers from the Tax and Audit Department. Overall good experience, definitely showed genuine interest in getting to know you.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Simple - basic background question eg education, previous work history - have u led a team before, previous clients - industry, challenges, strength and weaknesses, to be honest interviewer spent more time talking about themselves and their experience

Interview Questions

• Personal Strength and Weaknesses   2 Answers

Leadership Development Program Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Berkeley, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

It was very chill and was almost like a conversation. Basically just asked about things on my resume and gave me a lot of time to ask questions about the firm.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met associates and recruiter at my school's meet the firms. I applied online. A couple of weeks later I was invited to on campus interviews. It was structured as two back to back 30 minute interviews with a senior manager and partner. I received a call with the offer the next day. I had one month to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews. Very straightforward. All behavioral and a lot of scenario based questions. Important to just know yourself. The interviewers just want to know who you are and how you will behave.