KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Audit Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Campus interview, then 2 day office visit for "Inside Look"

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. None very exciting or challenging. Mostly behavioral. You can find all these online.   Answer Question

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied through my Universities career website. Did an on campus first round interview, all behavioral no case. Got invited to an office visit which included team building, two interviews, lunch, Q&A, and dinner. Overall everyone I interacted with was extremely friendly and helpful. From the first time I talked with KPMG at my college career fair until the day I got my offer I was treated with respect and any questions I had were answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions, maybe what specific industry you want to work in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negation, firm and very fair offer.

ITAS Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Campus recruiting is very structured, there are a series of interviews on campus and then at the local office you will be hired at. They do more selling the firm to you than they seem to be critiquing you.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for KPMG's audit internship through my college's career website. The process took between 2-3 weeks. I interviewed with a manger.The interview was about 30 minutes long and was very conversational. I was only asked 3-4 behavior interview questions. I was presented with an offer after first round interviews, they bypassed second round interviews for a number of intern and associate candidates.

The interview was very easy, it's the nervousness that makes it seem difficult for most college students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you receive constructive criticism?
      How do you balance work, college, and life?
      Why did you choose Audit/Accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate as an intern.

Associate, IT Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was very friendly and was mostly behavioral . Everyone was really nice and supportive throughout the whole process. No technical questions, personality quiz or whatsoever. Be prepared to talk and also be comfortable and confident in answering questions like " why did you apply for KPMG and why IT Advisory specifically?

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and did initial screening for a Specialist role in Cyber Security Transformation team. It was followed by 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview of 30 minutes with two directors. HR emailed me same day about the feedback from onsite interviews and called me next day to discuss offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was not a step up from what I was already making.

Senior Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Simple - basic background question eg education, previous work history - have u led a team before, previous clients - industry, challenges, strength and weaknesses, to be honest interviewer spent more time talking about themselves and their experience

Interview Questions

• Personal Strength and Weaknesses   2 Answers

Staff Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

At first I thought the interviewers will be intimidating, since after all, KPMG is one of the Big 4 Public Accounting Firms in US. However, I was proven wrong. My interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. There were two rounds of interview for my position (audit intern). The first round was held in my university and the second round was a 2-day event held in their SF office. They treated the applicants REALLY WELL. They were super generous and super helpful. I am glad I got the job and I very much enjoy working them since then.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

KPMG's recruiting team is very friendly, and the entire interview process is very well-structured. It consisted of several presentations from the management, an introduction of the firm, a very nice dinner with partners, managers, and senior associates, and group activities! I had second round interviews with two managers, both were recently promoted. The interview process concluded with a lunch with two new associates. By the time you have lunch with them, they are not evaluating you anymore, so relax and enjoy the meal! My advice to you is to be collaborative in the group activities, do not try to dominate other teammates. You are closely watched by the recruiters, and teamwork is a very important aspect of working in audit teams.

Interview Questions

It was a hard decision, because KPMG's recruiting team was very friendly and welcoming. But I also received an offer from another big 4, which I feel like it's a better fit for me.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two partners and a manager. All behavioral. Coming from a top school, networking into an interview was not that difficult. Had a tour of the facilities and was accompanied to lunch by two Associates. Met with a recruiter to wrap up the four hour affair, and now patiently waiting for an offer.