KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and did initial screening for a Specialist role in Cyber Security Transformation team. It was followed by 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview of 30 minutes with two directors. HR emailed me same day about the feedback from onsite interviews and called me next day to discuss offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was not a step up from what I was already making.

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I initially applied online through my university. I was contacted for a phone interview with a manager. We talked about my resume for a bit and he described KPMG's advisory services. He was very kind and emailed me extra material (brochures and videos) because we ran out of time at the end of the interview. Round 2 was an on-site. It was 3 interviews, each with a different member of the firm. After that two associates took me and the other candidates to lunch.

Sr Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Had 2 rounds of in person interviews. Was told I would get an offer but then after months of waiting was told it wasn't going to happen.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Process was 2 interviews. First interview was one on one with a manager. Second interview was a super day at their campus, an all day interview. Then a few days later I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Summer Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with 2 seniors at KPMG (1 partner, 1 senior manager). The interview was very casual, and you can tell that they were more focused on getting to know you better as a person. They went through my resume and asked me to elaborate on one or two things things that I was the most passionate about. No tricky questions, and they really encourage you to ask them questions in the end.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one thing you learnt from (certain position) that you can apply to our program?   Answer Question

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit.

During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable.

Did not get any feedback after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through campus recruiting. The process took about 3 weeks. Both of my interviewers were at the San Francisco office. It was very casual. My interviewer just really wants to get to know more about me, my school/work experiences and my passion for tax. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes. A senior manager interviewed me for the first round. The recruiter called me a week later to let me know I had been selected for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round interviews, a partner and a senior manager interviewed me. The partner called me 2 days after to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself
      2. Why KPMG?
      3. Why Tax ? Did you always know you want to work in Tax or is it something you discover along the way?
      4. Give me an example when you have to deal with conflict ?
      5. What is the one thing that you are most proud of ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were brief (20-30 minute) interviews with about 6 people. Some were associates, some managers. In some cases there were two people asking questions. The process ended with a lunch with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some "why tax/accounting?" questions.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I applied for KPMG's audit internship through my college's career website. The process took between 2-3 weeks. I interviewed with a manger.The interview was about 30 minutes long and was very conversational. I was only asked 3-4 behavior interview questions. I was presented with an offer after first round interviews, they bypassed second round interviews for a number of intern and associate candidates.

The interview was very easy, it's the nervousness that makes it seem difficult for most college students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How do you receive constructive criticism?
      How do you balance work, college, and life?
      Why did you choose Audit/Accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate as an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website first, attached my resume, cover letter and transcripts. I then created an account on KPMG's website and applied there for the same position. Got an interview invite within a week. The interview was at KPMG office and it took half an hour. We talked through my resume and experience; there was not any behavior questions. Fairly easy.