KPMG Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.9

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Strategy TMT division - 2 interviews - one with Partner (Samir Ajmera) and other with Director (David York). General overview questions, case study
    Both have NO experience in the TMT industry, dont know how they got there. Were very
    un-appreciative of industry experience I had and neither they had any Media nor Telco projects or even plans to grow.
    Worst division of KPMG and worst people to work with.
    Glad I didnt waste any more time with foolish folks

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, asked about previous experience and stuff on the resume. no very hard questions. no behavioral questions. easy process generally speaking the interviewer found my resume online and scheduled the phone interview. i prepared the behavioral questions but none asked. the interviewer sounds like professional.

Temporary Design Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview that taxed my knowledge, work ethic, and checked to see if my personality was a good fit. I had to first pass a phone interview and was asked to come in to share my portfolio and have a one on one follow up interview. When I came in I interviewed with the department manager and had one of the designers join us part way through to test my skill level. After that I spent some time meeting with the rest of the team to make sure we were a good personality fit.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you had to over come with a difficult customer at a previous employer.   1 Answer

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Just normal conversation. They were very friendly but the people who worked there looked pretty stressed out. No one was talking. Interview process was pretty smooth. We chat for 30 min. And she was super friendly.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

5 Telephonic Interviews since i was in Tampa Florida and the opportunity was in Santa Clara California. The interview process was month long. The position was in risk consulting in Advisory

Interview Questions

• Mostly Behavioral and resume questions. I had few technical questions as this rle needed few technical skills   Answer Question

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Have a buddy lead me to the interviewer and interviewed with a manager for 30 minutes. Asked my basic background at first then some behavioral questions. Also give me chance to ask questions.

Audit CMI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview went by smoothly. Lasted a few weeks, but the recruiting team was very communicative and pretty quick to respond so I didn't feel like I was left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions I was asked were inquiries based off from my resumé.   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Lengthy. It took a very long time to get through the 4 required interviews. I applied online; and significant amount of time passed and I received a phone interview; another month or six weeks passes and I received a call for a face to face interview; after that I was scheduled a week later for another face to face interview. An offer was sent to me via email six weeks or so later.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I started off with an on-campus interview. I didn't really know much about the company and hadn't met any professionals although my school held a lot of events to encourage networking. The interview was very easy, the interviewer was very nice and welcoming and just asked me to walk her through my resume and what I learned from each job. I articulated the leadership and communication skills I learned and she was pleased. The interview was very conversational and she left a lot of time for questions. I was not very interested in KPMG since EY wass my top choice, but she made that all change. I was informed I got the second round interview the next day, and a week later I had my office visit. The night before the interviews we had a dinner with KPMG professionals and it was very nice if you know how to socialize. The next day, we had a variety of presentations, team building exercises, an office tour, interviews (one with a partner, another with a senior manager), and a very nice lunch with 2 associates. I would say that if you are a genuine, social, and nice person, there is no reason why you shouldn't get an offer. Got my offer 2 hours after the interview.

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (San Jose, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

The first interview was held on campus.There was a dinner the day before the second round interview. It was pretty casual and I was sitting by an audit partner and a senior associate. The next day I was interviewed by another audit partner and a manager. They only asked about 2 or 3 questions and the rest of them were just chatting and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the leadership role you have taken.   Answer Question