KPMG Senior Advisory Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Senior Advisory Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR Recruiter after submitting resume online. Had a brief phone screening. Scheduled for an in person interview with a hiring manager and two members of his team. Had a one on one interview with each person where the focus was on my experience and how it would fit a team at KPMG. No real tell me about a time when.... or test-type of questions were presented to me. Was called in for a second interview with a different hiring manager. Just one person this time. Had a final interview with a partner. HR Recruiter called me a few days after and said an offer was imminent. That took about 2 weeks and then I had less than 48 hours to respond.

Interview Questions

• Main focus was on my prior government experience and the types of work I had done   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Applied mid October and two weeks later spoke to a HR person. Two weeks after that I was contacted by another HR person to speak with a manager. Spoke with them 30 minutest over the phone. I then had to follow up two weeks later to hear if I made it the next round. I did and then spoke to a director the following week for another 30 minutes over then phone. I could tell he could care less to talk to me and he felt absent during our conversation. A week passes and I hear nothing. This time I followed up again with HR and learn the next day through a standard letter that they were not interested in me. I don't know what I'm more disappointed by: 1) not getting the job; 2) the fact that I had to be the one to continually follow up with them; or 3) that the whole process took nearly two months.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn where I answered a series of questions and sent my resume over. From there, I had a phone screening with them. After, I had another phone screening with my manager. From there, I went into the office in person to meet a few members of the team and interview with them to see if I was a fit. My interview would involve technical questions as I'm on the tech development side of things.

Interview Questions

• How did you help improve business processes to enhance previous employers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was both straightforward and complicated at the same time. I went through three rounds of interviews - phone screen with a recruiter, in-person with a manager, and in-person with two directors. The recruiter I worked with was good a communicating with me, and that turned out to be a very good thing because my second and third round interviews were rescheduled several times. Scheduling the third-round interview was very challenging. I was asked to fly out twice to different locations only to be told that the interview needed to be rescheduled or that I would need to fly out to a different city than the one originally planned. It all worked out in the end, but it definitely threw me for a loop when I ended up interviewing in one location instead of the one I was told 12 hours before.

The interviews were very straightforward. I was asked to describe, in detail, the bullet points I included in my resume. Tip: Don't include anything that you can't describe well. They will easily figure out if you've embellished anything. I was asked a couple of technical questions, but they were more interested in learning how I went about doing things - managing an assessment, working with a difficult client, managing a team, etc. It was about describing the process in addition to talking about my subject matter expertise. Fortunately, there were no case questions. Overall, it was straightforward but demanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate up on the salary by using a competing offer. I was also able to get a signing bonus.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I was referred by a partner. I got a call for interview three days later.
    Got interviewed by a sr associate and a director.
    both were very friendly and the interview was more conversational.
    They grilled me on my past experience and the advisory related knowledge.
    Got a call after two weeks with the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked me alot of questions regarding my experience in credit and related to financial crisis. How it could've been avoided   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Process was entirely too long; bounced around from various recruiters as people came and went from the firm. Two phone screens, an onsite visit, and another final phone screen. Salary was to be expected for the hiring.

Advisory Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted via email by a recruiter within days of submitting my application. I had an initial call with the recruiter followed by a phone interview with a Director within the same week. The following week I had an in office interview with a couple Managers and a Partner. In all of my interviews I don't believe there were any questions asked that I wasn't expecting or haven't gotten in just your standard interviews. The bulk of the interview was just discussing my experiences and how those experiences would fit into the position. I received an offer a few days after my in person interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1st call was from external recruiter, 2nd was interview with HR for behavioral questions and making sure I was still interested, 3rd was with Senior Manager

Interview Questions

• I was asked for examples for nearly every bullet I had listed on my resume. The interview wasn't extremely technical but did refer to my resume a lot as expected.   1 Answer

Senior Associate - Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. I was referred by a current employee. No prescreening round by the HR. 1st round - behavioral questions with Managing Director over the phone. Lasted 30 mins. Plenty of time to ask questions about the company. 2nd round - flown to Atlanta to meet up with 3 interviewers - one Principal and 2 Managers. Again, behavioral questions lasting 30 - 45 mins. Don't focus on just one interviewer. Each interview matters!

Senior Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First Recruiter screening followed with Sr. Manager Tech round of interview. Immediately after 3 days, got an invitation for F2F interview on site with two directors and the partner.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions as such. Few Technical questions from one director. Few behavior questions and case study.. Just be confident. If you have a genuine experience in your area of expertise, you will make it. Be ready to grill out technically at point.   1 Answer