KPMG Senior Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.7

89 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

Intense , a lot of behavior questions. such as what is the 3 strengths / 3 weakness , what is the biggest failure and how you learn from it

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The overall atmosphere was very pleasant. I was interviewed by two Partners, first in German and then in English as they wanted to evaluate my language level. They asked me a few brain teaser questions and the usual ones: why this job, why this company and so on. I got the job offer 30 minutes after the interview was over.

Interview Questions

• What is the probability to find two pine trees with the same amount of needles?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

HR was completely unprofessional. Was booked for a super day where the interviewers never showed up. Eventually had three generic interviews from consultants outside of my subject matter expertise.

Eventually got an offer, but salary package was not in line. Waste of time. What is the point of HR?

Felt like I took a time machine 15 years ago.....

Interview Questions

• No case study questions. Just general questions on past work experience. One fluffy question on improving revenue.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Interview

I had a 30 minutes phone interview with HR then followed with an on site interview to meet four managers/partners for about 2 hours. Behavior questions and technical questions were asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview time is usually later in the day around 5 or 6pm after work. You are put into a waiting room full of other applicants and there are reps from KPMG to welcome you and help you answer any questions beforehand. You are called in groups and put into a private room for 3 rounds of one on one interviews 30 minutes each. If you are not selected they will only offer you 2 interviews and cut it short.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Unorganized, last minute interview process. Even though I made through the final interview, their business demand has been so slow that there has been a hold on the hiring decision. The reimbursement for the interview expense has been a pain since they utilize the third party vendor. The SSN and DOB were wrong, somehow, and I haven't still been able to activate the reimbursement debit card..

Interview Questions

• Technical, Behavioral, and work experience in the past based on your resume   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview process was smooth. A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and did initial screening for a Specialist role in Cyber Security Transformation team. It was followed by 2 phone interviews and an onsite interview of 30 minutes with two directors. HR emailed me same day about the feedback from onsite interviews and called me next day to discuss offer.

Interview Questions

The offer was not a step up from what I was already making.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen by a woman from South Africa. The main process is to go through my resume. However, the network connection is too bad. I can barely hear what she said.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (McLean, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for initial phone screen. Profile was submitted to partner for review and in person interview was scheduled within same week. Met with 2 directors and 1 manager. Interview broken down into 3 portions: technical skills, behavior, cultural fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation. Highly based on salary you are currently making.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was for a senior associate position in the financial management consulting practice. Basic screening with a couple recruiters, then a 1 on 1 call with a manager within the practice to which I was applying. Fairly basic questions asked about my past experience at first. However, there was a lot of focus around the specifics of a practice within my current firm that I used to work in, rather than my current role. It seemed more like he was trying to get information on how my current firm conducts business rather than vetting my background. Bad experience despite my highly applicable background for the position--too bad for KPMG.