KPMG Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

3.1

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Met with a senior manager and managers within the partner's group and asked a variety of interview questions. Given a problem to solve by one of them. Taken to lunch by the staff consultants. Met with partner after lunch.

Interview Questions

• Asked to identify way New York's public transportation system could provide efficiencies for New York City public schools.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in December 2016.

Interview

First had initial screening interview with staffing company.
    Then had technical interview with client representative. Was asked to describe my work experience. Then was tested on program functionality and modification approaches.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about driving non-standard account determination?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

HR phone screening, Interview with 2 Directors over the phone, Office visit.The office visit consisted in interviewing with Directors in the office. They give you a tour of the office and depending on the interviewer, questions could be from day-to-day life experience to ensure fit or prior professional experiences to check skills.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience and how this is relevant to the job you are applying now?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Initial HR Call after Resume drop, then 1 on 1 interview with manager and then 1 on 1 interview with senior manager.. Then you may go on to have an interview with Director, depends on their requirement.

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Very good interview experience in the office , nice talk with the director in the meeting room and good coffee as well. All behaviour question and not too difficult as long as prepare well.

Interview Questions

• What difficulty you have met when you have different opinion with others?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All questions are behaviour related

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Boston, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone screen with the HR representative who asked basic questions. The second and third interviews are with managers in the practice that you are applying for and are more conversational in nature. Then you move onto the director level interviews which are also more conversational around your experience. Finally they fly you out for an in person interview with a partner. I would say for a consulting firm that the whole interview process is a little bit more conversational about your experience versus a traditional Case interview that you see in other consulting firms

Interview Questions

• Where I saw myself in five years   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in December 2012.

Interview

Interviewing process was very lengthy. It look about 4 months to actually get an offer letter from the company. Communication wasn't very good either. The interview process itself wasn't too bad. Had 5 phone interviews and 1 onsite with 3 people. I had to travel from NY to their Chicago office and they only paid for the flight.

Interview Questions

• none really - they asked about the aspects of SAP GRC. if you know that for this position it should be fine   Answer Question

My company matched the offer and it took a lot of time to actually get the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in September 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with two members of the Atlanta office. Generally behavioral in nature. They were looking for a specific role in risk that I was unaware of sitting in the interview. I would be sure to ask what specifically you are sitting for as opposed ot the role i applied for.

Interview Questions

• I was given the basic questions around valuing assets and how i would handle a CFO who was unwilling to accept my recommendations.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews, Invited to office - declined further interviews.

Interview Questions

• Quetsions were routine/ expected beginning interview questions - Interest in KPMG; Why leaving current position...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

Couple of initial behavioral interviews, followed by experience interviews and very less case questions