KPMG Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

KPMG Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG in April 2011.

Interview

All day interview in Manhattan with numerous Managers and departments. There was a lot of waiting time inbetween different departments and managers as they were interviewing a large group of people. I was a little older than most of the other candidates and dressed better so the security people assumed I was a partner from out of town and they escorted me separately from the interview group.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard stuff - everyone asked "Tell me about yourself." They asked about hobbies and interests, life style, etc. What are my weaknesses and strong points, etc. There were some technical questions about HIPAA.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for KPMG

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Met with three people day of interview. Had a precious phone interview. Process was handled by experienced hired recruiter who was effective and efficient and was good in communicating status of the process. People who interviewed were open and honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA) in April 2009.

Interview

The process included a series of group interviews with current staff (not HR folks) and if you made the cut from group to group, you were then presented with a specific "case: (as a form of behavioral interview) where a smaller group offered up a potential client situation and what you would do to serve that particular client. The final interview was with the Partner I would report to.

Better opportunities elsewhere.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Two stage interview with audit partners who were very easy to connect to. Each interview lasted over an hour and covered a number of areas including technical competence, personal competences, why I would be the right fit for the role etc.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Istanbul (Turkey)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Istanbul (Turkey)) in August 2015.

Interview

3 Telepohne interviews took place. In addition they asked for a quiz type q&a which was very silly. They asked me to make a comprehensive company valuation using only a calculator in 1 hour using DCF and market multiples.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG in June 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of one HR and 2 technical rounds by Partners. Interview conducted by Skype/Telephone as I was not located in the same city. The HR round was exploratory on motives for change, past experience etc and the technical rounds explored my CV in more detail, focussing on issues and problems I've handled.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a recent technical issue you helped clients with.

Tell me about employee conflict and how you dealt with one instance of conflict with employees who reported to you

How do you deal with under-performing employees
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the salary and joining allowances, which happened over a period of 1 week.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The entrance exams were very difficult but the actual interview process was relatively straight forward. The key things are to prepare extensively to pass the entrance exams while being very specific in terms of what you want to do at KPMG. Nobody in Audit wants to interview someone for an audit role who's long term plan is to be in M&A advisory.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are few and far between. However, the up front investment into staff is significant so be unequivocal in the fact that you view KPMG as your long term career--any indication that you regard it as a great brand to develop yourself or act as a stepping stone will likely result in termination of the interview process. KPMG knows that it can do for you, what it wants to know is what you can do for it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No leeway to negotiate really

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at KPMG in August 2013.

Interview

Shirt and to the point. I was recruited from another Big Four, What they promised was provided. There were no tricks. They confirmed skills and experience and interest. There was only one interview with both directors. I understand this process may have changed somewhat - Senior manager and AD get involved now. Also not sure how many interviews there would be.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I interviewed at KPMG (Melbourne (Australia)) in March 2013.

Interview

email, followed by face to face interview

no great company

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three interviews. One initial meeting with an MD, then a phone screen by an SM and followed by an interview with a partner. All involved were very personable and professional. The HR representative responsible for executing the process and negotiating the salary was a little different and in one case blatantly dishonest. However, after several conversations and a call with the MD, everything worked out.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt anything really unexpected or difficult involved.   Answer Question

I was on the fence the entire time and although I really liked the people I spoke with, the dishonesty from the HR rep was a bad sign.